It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgotten Abominations Of The Bible.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Which is why i said that the law of sodomy doesn't apply either.All laws in the book of Leviticus come under OT covenants,not the NT covenants Jesus brought in.Yet its a book with verses in that are frequently used against homosexuality.So if Christians today want to stand by that law then they must stand by all the others too.

Sorry Jakyll,
As I stated in other posts on this topic..also the Olde Testament topic. ..this makes good rationalization..it is just poor logic and reason once you know how to see it through.

The concept and practice of sodomy, as well as rampant sexuality of all kinds, were heavily practiced in the Nations surrounding Ancient Israel...this was already covered and influenced by these other nations. THe Children of Israel were told and instructed not to do or follow the patterns and behaviors of these other heathen and pagan nations. For by this they had defiled the land and were punnished just as were the pagans/heathens who had lived there previously.

No where do you see any instruction for a Hebrew in the Olde Testament or a or CHristian in the New Testament to ever define themselves by their sexuality...as is once again popular today. It is just not done by intelligent thinking peoples.

The Hebrews throughout their history were disobedient in this and consequently lost the land their Lord had promised them.

Your rationale and rationalization would have us all under an appearance of Olde Testament law such that you can rationalize your belief system. You too would have us follow Ishmael instead of Issac to ratioinalize your belief system. We are not Ismaelites but after Issac. The Jerusalem which is above..not the one here today physically. It will not wash with Believers who know the history and also the counterfit/occult systems....including the counterfit systems attempting to be reinstalled today.

For the Olde Testament is our schoolmaster ..to teach us these things of which I here in describe. The Olde Testament has been taken further in the New Testament.

You would have us mixing new wine with olde, leven with unleven in confusion. It will not wash with people who know the history..and can follow it unto today.

For we know the name of the author of confusion..by name!!

Thanks for your speedy post.
Orangetom

[edit on 27-7-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Your rationale and rationalization would have us all under an appearance of Olde Testament law such that you can rationalize your belief system. You too would have us follow Ishmael instead of Issac to ratioinalize your belief system. We are not Ismaelites but after Issac. The Jerusalem which is above..not the one here today physically. It will not wash with Believers who know the history and also the counterfit/occult systems....including the counterfit systems attempting to be reinstalled today.

Uh,no,what i'm trying to say (again) is that if Christians want to use the laws of the OT then they should use all of them,not just the ones they like the sound of or ones that go with their personal views.
This is the whole point of the thread!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hildar
...Exactly what here is left for beasts on the earth for us to eat??Not a gosh darn thing at all other then fish. If its unclean then we cant eat it. Fish is all we can eat but then we would all die soon enough, sorry but there isnt enough fish in the sea to feed all of man.

Hilda

Any animal that both CHEWS A CUD, and DIVIDES THE HOOF (cloven hoof).

Here's a hint of some of those animals: MOO!, Baa!

You can also include deer, goats, bison, and I'm probably sure there are other animals that can be included as well. (Maybe Yaks, for all I know.)

You know what I didn't get on that list? It said "fowl that creepeth about on all fours" (paraphrased). What birds creep about on all fours? Perhaps "fowl" had a different meaning.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Jakyll,
any Christian knowlegable about the Word or Bible would not want to be under the Olde Testament.

Suggest you read the allegory explaining the difference in the Olde and New Testaments...in Galatians 4 begining at verse 21.
It reads best in a King James version. Here where Paul explains those desiring to be under the Law...for they do not even hear the Law. In this case the Law represented by the two sons of Abraham...Ishmael and Issac.

No knowlegable Christian on strong meat and not milk would desire to be under the Law. For the Law is in bondage...with her children.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Homosexuality is a sin? Since when?

Isn't the Old Testament for the Jews and the Jews only? Yes, it is. It has nothing to do with today's American Taliban masquerading as self professed 'christians', or any Christian for that matter.

But, doesn't the Old Testament repeatedly discuss that which is "natural" over the "unnatural"? Yes, it does. It is natural for a homosexual or lesbian to love someone of their own gender; therefore this natural orientation is neither sinful or wrong, let alone an abomination.

What the Bible does refer to are male prostitutes who 'lured' supposedly 'straight' men who just needed the rlease, as even Paul did, the murdering misogynist that he was, closet homosexual and the church of Rome's poster boy for lies. Their problem and soon enough, I'm afraid.

Anything else?

Then, be at peace.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jekyll

jakyll,

I almost forgot this until reading this thread over again. Here this quote...

Uh,no,what i'm trying to say (again) is that if Christians want to use the laws of the OT then they should use all of them,not just the ones they like the sound of or ones that go with their personal views.
This is the whole point of the thread!

The point of the thread is forgotten abominations of the Bible..not just the Old Testament.
This is why my reference to Galatians Chapter Four beginning at Chapter 4 verse 21...where Paul describes the difference in the Olde and New Testament through the allegory of these two sons. Ishmael and Issac.

There are two parts to the Bible..the Old Testament and the New Testament. A testament is a promise...a covenant...a last will and testament. For a will and testament to go into effect the testator must die. The death of the testator is what makes the will and testament go into effect and a will and testament can be changed over and over. But the one which goes into effect is the Last Will and Testament written by the testator. It is obvious that no one died under the Old Testament and for the Old Testament. Yet you and so many others are wont to use the Old Testament as your source for everything Biblical. Amazing.

However to be frank about this many Believers haven't a clue about this history, as well as trend or custom about a will and testament. Amazing but true.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377
reply to post by icybreeze

"No doubt homosexuality is a sin!" is not a humble opinion ... Its a clear statement on what is ... By saying that is like saying ..

Jesus walked on the water for a fact
Jesus made water in to vine ( AA whent crazy )
Moses splittet a whole ocean to make a safe passage for a fact
Noa gathered alle the earths millions of animal species and insects and stuffed them in a boat for a fact ..
Jesus resurected for a fact ..
You are going to burn i hell for being gay ... for a fact ..

Really? Facts? Were you there? Have any gays come to visit you after death to tell you they were "burning" in "hell"?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

Originally posted by kinglizard
Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

I call bull# on this one.. Wrong.. You are taking your personal spin on what you think that means..
IT is not an abomination!! What about the post op transexuals? They are women now.. and I will tell you.. some of them you would never know they where born male..
And even some of the pre Op trannies are extreamly beautiful as women.
They look and act more like women, than most the women I know..
So yet agin your quote is very very flawed!!!

And quoting the bible like that makes you seem like you are listening to Fred Phelps..
Ive laided next to many men, and many women. But didnt have sex with them.. So what the hell are you talking about not lay next to a man like you would a woman.. Thats such bull# dude..

Also. AS a Mod I would think you would know better than to get into an argument like this.. but you are human too..
You just think I am less of a person because of how I live my life..
I think that is wrong.. and not why I am here..
But to each their own..
Just dont try comming here telling me IM going to hell or what IM doing is wrong..
I hurt no one!!! I live my life, and you jump in here and tell me without saying IM going to burn in hell..
Well thats a laugh!!! Becasue you need to seriously look at those you follow... And then take a look at yourself..
And then ask yourself, why did I come here and post..

One last thought here.. Do you even knows what happens behind close doors kinglizard? YOu seem to be going off what you think you know..
But honestly when it comes down to it, you are repeating what you have been told all your life..
With no thought or reason, other than its what you where told to say..
THus you come here and repeat what you where told by others...

I hope you break free of those chains...

[edit on 9-11-2007 by zysin5]

[edit on 9-11-2007 by zysin5]

Sodomy, (anal and oral sex), for either male or female is an abomination to God, according to the scriptures. How many men and women overlook that one?

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join