It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paleo-site shows pics of 200-300' Skeleton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I was searching through some environmental web sites about eco-disasters in Iran and came across this very unusual site by a paleontologist in which he describes the discovery and unearthing of a giant skeleton in the Iranian desert.

The photos and drawings don't resemble anything I've seen before, though I must admit the more I read and thought about the story, the more I started to get a suspicious. Not sure what is specifically suspicious about it, really - maybe it's just that I have not heard of this find in the mainstream science literature nor in regular news media. It seems something as profound as this should have been headline news. I mean, fuzzy pics of Loch Ness and Bigfoot make the news, why haven't I heard anything about this - and this guy supposedly has several tons of empirical evidence to boot!?

Anyway - I looked through several pages of threads and didn't see anything about this, though I may have missed it. The articles and photos date from 2004/05 so it should have gone through the sharp ATS "bogus-filter" by now...

Can someone please validate this creature/skeleton is not real...

Thanks...
[edit-fix link]

[edit on 11/9/2007 by Outrageo]

cj6

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
WOW! Thats just extraordinary! The size of that thing is amazing, I hope they find out what it is soon...if it is real! To me, the explanation for the fossil being exposed due to an earthquake seems logical. The artists drawing of what it may be is just weird though!
Great find!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I've not heard anything of this. Looks like some sort of cross between a Triceratops and a Croc.

Sure is incredible, whatever it is.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

It may have been on ATS once or twice

It was viral marketing for the video game "Shadow of the Colossus"

Explanation thread here

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Yep. Its nothing real, just an advertisement, ive seen this about 3 times now, nothing new.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Yep all are from Shadow of the Colossus;D Look at this pic and tell me it's not this colossus:

One video has this one

And this video www.gameklip.net... is this one

[edit on 10-11-2007 by ZikhaN]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Thanks guys - that's what I thought.

Why is the "archeologist's Web site showing him digging for these bones still up? I would think if the video game connection has been long established, the site would have been taken down or at least some disclaimer of sorts posted.

Man, I hate these stupid viral campaigns. Just seems so disingenuous. Like they are purposely taking advantage of people's gullibility to lie and cheat their way into profits for some game or movie.

It's like the whole CARET/Drone thing in the UFO forum. Most of us are convinced we're being viral baited for something - but it's been almost a year - and nothing has happened in a while - but SOMEBODY went to a tremendous amount of effort to put those drones and the CARET documents together (even if it's all CG).

You guys seem on top of things - what do you make of that DRONE stuff? Is it a viral campaign or not? And for Who/What?

Anyway - thanks for posting...

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I would like if it was a Dragon Skeleton...
yet, it wasn't...
too sad

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Im not sure if I believe this because it looks like 2 pictures were put together to form the "body" and the "head and neck" of this creature. If you look at the mountain side, the terrain doesnt match up and if you look at the grassy area, that doesnt match up either because there is a small bush at 1 point near the bottom and on the left side there is no bush. Also, the right picture is darker.

Looks cool none the less.

new topics

top topics

join