It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pyramids are older than 2600 B.C.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
its going to take me ages to get the idea of "throwing up the phonecians" out of my head

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The "main stream" agyptologists have a well known problem, they fear reality, like when you try to tell a child Santa Claus doesn't exist.

There have been several dozen atempts to simulate how they "could" have built the cheops pyramid (I am not talking about the smaller ones, which in the inside are of different design, ie copies). Every simulation failed so far.

With the known techniques it has been an impossible task. More fuel is provided by the fact that they have found drilled holes in many stones. They would have needed special drill heads like we use them now and a lot of them to perform this task. Bronze just wouldn't have cut it at all. Also they still have no idea how they cut the stones. All presented so called evidence so far is nothing more then a fairy tale so they are able to present the "main stream" history as factual evidence.

Someone allready brought up the head of the Sphynx problem in comparison to the body (Propotion). It is highly hipocritial that a civilisation which is able to contruct the cheops pyramid can not get the propotion right.

That the pharaos and their civilisation have performed many marvelous tasks during their time is absolutely a fact. No one wants to down play this. The cheops pyramid and the sphynx though is another story, but we will not be able to get informations on this matter as long as this old guy in charge, letting no one look for new rooms inside the pyramid and under the sphynx. Imagine they would find another civilisations foot prints.

Last but not least homo sapiens sapiens exists between 40'000-100'000 years (Depending which findings you regard as vaild or not). We know of roughly about 8'000 years, what is with the remaining 32'000 years? Has he been scratching his butt in a cave? Not likely!

As long as the pyramid and the sphynx do not get opened up for further studies, discussions about this issue are absolutely impotent.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

No, what you are saying IS relevant. I recall an imagine being implanted to me at school of how Columbus was the first to "discover" these countries. Its an example of how the scientific establishment sometimes likes to present theory as knowledge.

Never did my schoolbooks contain the disclaimer "At current, this is only a theory. This book will be updated as new data is gathered". Instead all kinds of things were presented as "fact", including contemporary evolution theory.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by allmight
With the known techniques it has been an impossible task. More fuel is provided by the fact that they have found drilled holes in many stones. They would have needed special drill heads like we use them now and a lot of them to perform this task. Bronze just wouldn't have cut it at all. Also they still have no idea how they cut the stones. All presented so called evidence so far is nothing more then a fairy tale so they are able to present the "main stream" history as factual evidence.

That's just plain false you know. There are quarries (within viewdistance of the Great Pyramid), they know much about how they where cut and processed.

The only reason the "alternate theory" guys says its impossible is because they havent spent one minute trying to do it themselves. Its just discounted cause its too much work.

Well the Egyptians didnt have the option to discount it (and for some reason, the ancient Egyptians seem to believe they could do it). I have no idea how long it took to get a stone ready, but we are probably talking A VERY LONG time just for a single stone. Not minutes and probably not even days. Of course they had thousands of people working it, but it wouldnt surprise me the slightest if a stone could be worked for more than a week just to get it done.

I am more impressed over the fact the Egyptians turned this into a fully fledged industry to churn out the pyramids and temples than the fact they where able to cut them period.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by merka]

[edit on 13-11-2007 by merka]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

@ KW, Apparently a spoonful of olive oil helps to keep them down.

@Skyfloating, if you are interested in some more info regarding the Phoenicians reaching the New World send me a u2u and i will give you some links to check out.

mojo

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The "main stream" agyptologists have a well known problem, they fear reality, like when you try to tell a child Santa Claus doesn't exist.

actually its the alternate historians who fear reality, when people understand it they are out of business. On the other hand when people understand it all that money that formerly lined their pockets will be going to the real historians. So fear it is the last thing they do.
this is the usual claim though and its normally made by people who don't actually know what the reality is themselves.

There have been several dozen atempts to simulate how they "could" have built the cheops pyramid (I am not talking about the smaller ones, which in the inside are of different design, ie copies). Every simulation failed so far.

there has never been an attempt that dealt with all the facts. Most of the attempts have been made by alternate historians using claims like levitation and spaceships. They have all failed because they are plainly ridiculous
Egyptologists know how the pyramid was built. It is at the end of the day a big pile of carefully arranged stones.

the pyramids are made out of limestone which is the softest stone around. you can drill it very easily with any sort of metal. They were also capable of drilling through granite

the Egyptians adapted their sawing principle into. a circular, instead of a rectilinear form, curving the blade round into a tube, which drilled out a circular groove by its rotation; thus, by breaking away the cores left in the middle of such grooves, they were able to hollow out large holes with a minimum of labour. These tubular drills vary from 1/4 inch to 5 inches diameter, and from 1/30 to 1/5 inch thick. The smallest hole yet found in granite is 2 inches diameter, all the lesser holes being in limestone or alabaster, which was probably worked merely with tube and sand.

Someone allready brought up the head of the Sphynx problem in comparison to the body (Propotion). It is highly hipocritial that a civilisation which is able to contruct the cheops pyramid can not get the propotion right.

the orthodox theory claims that the face of the sphinx was cut after its construction which explains the discrepancy

That the pharaos and their civilisation have performed many marvelous tasks during their time is absolutely a fact. No one wants to down play this. The cheops pyramid and the sphynx though is another story, but we will not be able to get informations on this matter as long as this old guy in charge, letting no one look for new rooms inside the pyramid and under the sphynx. Imagine they would find another civilisations foot prints.

we have found out more about Egypt in the time that Zahi Hawass has been in charge than ever before, Are you complaining because he won't let idiots into the pyramid with dynamite ?
any unobtrusive method of exploration is immediately given access. He has been known not to grant permits for teams who do not know what they are doing or talking about. Have you tried to get an exploration permit lately then ?

Last but not least homo sapiens sapiens exists between 40'000-100'000 years (Depending which findings you regard as vaild or not). We know of roughly about 8'000 years, what is with the remaining 32'000 years? Has he been scratching his butt in a cave? Not likely!

ah I think I'm gonna let this one slide as I'm quite sure that everyone else here is thinking the same thing. You do not have any idea what homo sapiens sapiens has been doing do you ?
and you don't know how long we've been here either...
time to hit the books my friend and get the facts. then your theorizing may be better received than it has been

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
the sphinx and the great pyramid are far older than the smaller pyramids, in fact some researchers are saying that the smaller ones were not built as well as the great pyramid which is odd because if the egyptians built the great pyramid then why were all there other attempts getting worse and not better and grander????
another question is why would the kings build them smaller. When the kings who built the remaining pyramids would have been more likely to want to build them bigger and better to stay their name in history, not smaller.????

they are also trying to find out why there are old water marks, not from rain but from a flowing river at the base(so not vertical like rain but horizontal marks) which hasnt been in egypt for thousands of years or more.

i have spent a great deal of time looking up this stuff about the pyramids, but it was closer to the start of 2007 so if i can find the full articles and what not i'll put em in here.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by Mcyeah]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mcyeah

No.

I dont care if I break forum rules about post lenghts.

Just... No.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

uh...well...actually yeah, Mcyeah.

Explain why they would build a bunch of inferiour pyramids AFTER building the superiour ones.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have not had time to read the entire thread so forgive me if this has all been said already; but from the five pages I did read, the references to extraterrestrial involvement in the buildings were few. I should think that anyone who frequents this site should be familiar with the idea that Earth was rife with alien beings millenia ago. We see blatant evidence of this with studies of the Indian, Sumerian, East Asian and Central American cultures. There is very little evidence of such in Egyptian ruins. But let us examine the details:
It has often been pointed out that it is odd that the Aztecs and the Egiptians both came up with the idea of building pyramids. Yet this is a rather weak point as the structures of both cultures differ radically; the Egyptian pyramids being solid stone the Aztec ones filled with sand; the Egyptian being supposedly burial sites, the Aztec used for rituals. This I concede; but there are many traces of links between both cultures; i.e., significant similarities exist between the gods of both the Aztecs and Egyptians. Interestingly, traces of what is undeniably coc aine has been found in Egyptian tombs. At that point in time, the cocoa plant grew nowhere but central and south America. Does this mean there was commerce between the two? Or maybe something more?

It has been pointed out that no inscriptions exist anywhere on the pyramids, save for the singular inscription of Khufu. Were I the god-king of the most advanced nation on Earth and had successfully built the most incredible structures on earth, I'd have my name written all over them! If the Egyptians made a small monolith they would cover it in inscriptions; why not these pinnacles of their civilization?

I will find out more stuff and post it soon.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by Tony Pro]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by allmight

The Sphinx could be nearly two thousand years older than the pyramids. Stone is hard to carve. Even if I was not someone from the bronze age I would have trouble doing an immaculate job on a 50-foot tall (

link   
reply to post by Tony Pro

Absolutely. You will find an abundance of material on the ancient ET theory in the ATS archives. This thread was opened to corner in on the specifics of the age of the Pyramids. Still, your contribution and any further data is welcome!

link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

there are several pyramids and from what i know they were all built at different times but there is only one pyramid that stands out as important and that is the great pyramid of cheops.from what i read it was built under the supervision of imhoptp-shem son of noah for the purpose of holding the remains of adam that had been taken into the ark just before G-D destroyed the human race with the flood but spared noah and his sons.-----------the ark of noah by david fasold pages 190-193.the historian herodotus says it took a gang of 100,000 workmen laboring continuously and being relieved every 3 months with a fresh lot 30 years total time to build.since the flood took place 2451 bce nearest as can be figured by the biblical scholars then this pyramid must have been built after this date-------------but what would i know ?i can only go by what i read historians say-------if i was a time traveller i would tell you the exact truth before i left this present time-----with no desire to return to it.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yeah, I guess I could move this to another thread. But while we're on the subject of the 'pyramids' on Mars, I've just had a revelation: The Egyptian pyramids are aligned almost perfectly with Orion's belt. How trippy would it be if the Martian ones were, too? I wonder if anyone knows.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tony Pro
Yeah, I guess I could move this to another thread. But while we're on the subject of the 'pyramids' on Mars, I've just had a revelation: The Egyptian pyramids are aligned almost perfectly with Orion's belt. How trippy would it be if the Martian ones were, too? I wonder if anyone knows.

I want the Mars-Giza theory to be true because it would confirm that this universe is indeed a fascinating and fun place to be rather than the dull blandness orthodox science tries to make of it.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I believe that some "coincidences" show that the true date is some time oround 10,500 bc.

I believe from the evidence, that I've seen that a highly advanced lost civilization existed on the Earth during the precessional age of Leo (c. 10900-8700 BC), but was destroyed by a cataclysm around that same time and hence became a ‘lost civilization’.

"The Orion Mystery"
In 1994 By Robert Bauval and Adrian Gilbert Came up with The Orion theory this is one of this coincidence or piece of evidence, they discovered that the three main pyramids at Giza (of Khufu, Khafre and Menkaure) formed a pattern on the ground virtually identical to that of the three belt stars of the Orion constellation.
This conjunction, was exact, and it occurred precisely at the date 10450 BC.

The Sphinx
One of the foundation stones of the panleonist theory is the Great Sphinx of Egypt, which is presumed to have the body of a lion, thus evoking the precessional era of Leo (10900-8700 BC).
not only did the three Giza pyramids line up with the three stars of Orion’s Belt at 10500 BC, but also, at the same time, the constellation of Leo rose exactly due east of the Sphinx. This occurrence, was unique to 10500 BC, and it was therefore beyond coincidence that the Sphinx had been carved in the form of a lion.

This and other astronomical evidence point to this as being the true date for the pyramids in my mind.

But who was this race of beings who built these great structures? I have no idea but it wasn't Egyptian slaves in my mind thats for sure.
Could be either extraterrestrial or Advance humans or a mix who knows. I've also heard that pyramids on mars also align on this same date with the same constellation and stars. Maybe same people that built these built those on mars at the same time?

I also heard a very interesting theory from some guy on C2C about 1 year ago. He had said that he discovered, that the true builders of the pyramids were "angles", he claimed that he had found symbols that, showed that it was "Sacred Geometry" that was used, he had a lot of good info but I forgot it was a long time ago, but this theory sounded as good as any to me.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by XNeMeSis21]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
2600 BC could be a conservative age for Khufu; but it is not that far off. This is based on the shaft that pointed at the then north star THUBAN which was the north star until around that said date.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Has it ever been demonstrated that copper or bronze can cut granite using the method you described?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mentalempire

Has it ever been demonstrated that copper or bronze can cut granite using the method you described?

You know what the "orthodoxologists" say when confronted with stuff they can explain. They say "Well, this hasnt been explained yet, but it doesnt prove any of your alternative theories"

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

kerkinana walsky I have some questions. I am not an expert and concede that you appear to have conducted far more research into the matter than I have, which is why I think you would be the perfect candidate to debunk or explain the following:

Why do you think that the King and Queen's chamber shafts of the Great Pyramid, and the layout of the Giza Pyramids match so precisely star and constellation positions as they were in 10,500 BC?

How do you explain the pyramid as a geometrical model of the Earth at an exact scale of 72,000 to 1? (I hope I'm right with that figure)

What are your opinions on the significance of Giza's geographical latitudal and longitudal positioning, and the distances in degrees of longitude between major ancient sites (such as Angkor Wat, Easter Island, Giza)?

I'd be really interested to read an irrefutable debunking of these points, among others, and I think you may be the person to do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join