It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pyramids are older than 2600 B.C.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

there is no alternative theory as to the creation of the pyramid texts and their usage over a short 200 year period

it is a known and established fact

anything else is speculation without evidence.

your earlier attempts to add weight to your belief by mentioning the Sumerians shows that you don't know enough about the context of Egyptian culture to understand that

fact is the use of texts in pyramids is the exception rather than the norm
the pyramid age was very short and lasted only three or four dynasties. there are 30 more dynasties which were totally different in their outlook

you have to understand that Egyptian culture does not run the same from 3100bce to 300bce any more than ours does from the year zero to the present day. Culture changes and the people along with it. You might as well claim that because we don't build huge Gothic cathedrals anymore that the ones that still stand are examples of a lost race of architects.
this plainly is not the case

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Err... That's kind of the point. There is nothing new. All the alternate theories are just the same old stuff regurgitated in greater detail and more or less imaginative data (very similar to the Atlantis issue).

And there is probably a reason why there is nothing new on the alternate theories. Nothing has been found to support it.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky

there is no alternative theory as to the creation of the pyramid texts and their usage over a short 200 year period

There is no alternative theory? None that you know if. Saying "there is no other" is called denial.

your earlier attempts to add weight to your belief by mentioning the Sumerians shows that you don't know enough about the context of Egyptian culture to understand that

It was another poster that made reference to the sumerian culture not me.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Err... That's kind of the point. There is nothing new.

And there is probably a reason why there is nothing new on the alternate theories. Nothing has been found to support it.

The reason there is not much new? Look at the post above. Its a lot of people walking around saying "there is no alternative. nothing more to learn here. please move on". The ATTITUDE leads one to stop asking questions and simply being content with the data already arrived at.

I have never learned anything new with this attitude. Everything I learned and I learned by questioning the old data. And THAT is a scientific attitude, in contrast to a "this is the truth, and that is fixed in stone".

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

There is no alternative theory? None that you know if. Saying "there is no other" is called denial.

oh please tell me then what alternative theory is there that explains why the Egyptians stopped building perfectly functional pyramids filled with hieroglyphs at the end of the 6th dynasty if it isn't the orthodox one.

Its not denial, its reality

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

oh please tell me then what alternative theory is there that explains why the Egyptians stopped building perfectly functional pyramids filled with hieroglyphs at the end of the 6th dynasty if it isn't the orthodox one.

An orthodox one...thats exactly the point. There are plenty of non-orthodox theories. As Ive been lied to by orthodox-doctrine many times I have no reason whatsoever to take orthodox theory more serious than alternative theories. None whatsoever.

Orthodox theory will teach you that Columbus discovered america.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
so i will repeat "oh please tell me then what alternative theory is there that explains why the Egyptians stopped building perfectly functional pyramids filled with hieroglyphs at the end of the 6th dynasty"

orthodox theory actually states that Columbus was the first western navigator to discover America. orthodox theory actually credits the original discovery to the Native Americans. If you're going to attempt to use straw man arguments please ensure that they are at least slightly credible
thanks

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

orthodox theory actually states that Columbus was the first western navigator to discover America. orthodox theory actually credits the original discovery to the Native Americans.

wrong on both counts.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

There are plenty of non-orthodox theories.

well so far despite prompting you still haven't been able to mention a single one that explains it

case closed
again

please tell me also who according to alternate historians discovered America if it wasn't the NA,
I'm simply dying to know

[edit on 11-11-2007 by kerkinana walsky]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

KW, you're focusing on an insignificant detail. Here's what you SHOULD be focusing on-how did they BUILD the Great Pyramid, and how can you PROVE that they built it the way you thought they did?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Umm the Vikings "discovered" they even found the settlements.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

And please get the rod of rightousness OUT of your butt.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

Dude, seriously, she's right, it was the Native Americans. Thousands and thousands of years before the vikings. Although she *is* wrong by continuing to cling to mainstream Egyptology.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mentalempire

I was meaning in the sense of European "discovery" of North America.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Come on People........What's with all the hostility ??

It's just theories, and electrons on a screen.

Besides there's only a few hours left to the weekend.

Please attack the topic, not each other.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mentalempire

KW, you're focusing on an insignificant detail. Here's what you SHOULD be focusing on-how did they BUILD the Great Pyramid, and how can you PROVE that they built it the way you thought they did?

sorry I thought I was focusing on the facts although admittedly from your position that may be the "insignificant details"

ok what would you like to see first ?
the Egyptian quarries with half finished pyramid blocks and egyptian tools in them or the wooden Ancient Egyptian built pyramid block sledges ?
how about a picture showing a team of Egyptian oxen pulling a pyramid block on an Egyptian sledge would that be any good ?
how about a picture of Egyptians pulling a piece of stone about twice as heavy as the largest block in the great pyramid

still waiting to see any of your "evidence" that the Pyramids weren't built by the AE

btw try not to use CAPITALS in the main body of text, it just makes you look slightly unhinged, not saying theres anything wrong with that but is it the impression you want to give ?

thanks

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You've already been warned, don't push it. OK...show us some of these pictures. The Egyptians aren't exactly the greatest artists in the world-how can you possibly know how large these stones are? Sure, we have a good idea of how the Egyptians did much smaller scale projects, but the scale of the Great Pyramid is cartoonishly large...how would you even come up with enough wood for the sleds in a land with as few trees as Egypt?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   

The natives were already there and the Vikings were there before Columbus (if not a few others).

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

How about wishing for world peace while at it?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mentalempire
Sure, we have a good idea of how the Egyptians did much smaller scale projects, but the scale of the Great Pyramid is cartoonishly large...how would you even come up with enough wood for the sleds in a land with as few trees as Egypt?

Only if you look at the Great Pyramid by itself

Come on people! Go look up ANCIENT EGYPTIAN HISTORY SITES! There's much more to Egypt than just the Great Pyramid. There's a plethora of temples, tombs and buildings that's very, very impressive in size and scale. Much of this is destroyed now and not even close to its former glory.

Sidenote: Regarding who discovered America for Europe it was Columbus. The Chinese may have been there with their great ships, but they never told Europe. The Vikings was certainly there, but they never told Europe either. Several other people may have been but there but again... It was Columbus that opened the way.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join