It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RCMP investigating use of taser on 68 yr old B.C. man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

RCMP investigating use of taser on 68 yr old B.C. man

www.theglobean dmail.com

RCMP will investigate two of their own officers after police used a taser to subdue a 68-year-old man in Kelowna, B.C.

John Peters double-parked his vehicle while picking up his wife Monday morning. As Anne Peters approached, a police car pulled up and one of the officers got out.

The officer had met Mr. Peters in May, after he drove the wrong way through a construction zone. Mr. Peters had argued with the officer then because he was frustrated with the construction.

“This cop had it in for him because of the earlier incident in May,” Mrs. Peters said Wednesday. “At the police station, he said to my husband: ‘Remember in May?'”

She said her husband was too upset to be interviewed
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbc.ca
www.prisonplanet.com

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I would suggest checking out the other news links as well. Each one adds a little more light to the subject.

Personally, I am disgusted by these types of stories. This guy has suffered a stroke which left him with a neurological disorder which affects his ability of comprehend language, he is blind in his left eye and yet these cops still felt that he was such a threat that he should be punched in the mouth and shocked by a taser. I admit that this man could have handled the situation better than how he did, but still there is no need for this type of attack by the police. The fact that the cops made remarks suggesting that they remember the old man from an incident in May just makes it all more suspect for me. I really hope hope these cops get assaulted when they are old and gray. Maybe then they will understand how it feels to be completely bullied and powerless to really do anything about it.

These types of stories just really make me sick.

www.theglobean dmail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i didnt realize they had tasers in 68 B.C.

sorry, couldn't resist. on a related note, i predict this will not be an issue. It's simply a way for police to murder civilians, and then blame it on accidents and unknown health conditions.

new topics

join