It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Gun of Sasquatch found?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

You have a good point there--Bigfoot would mess anyone up.

But still, they are chasing/searching for this elusive beast, they need to go after it.

Did they bring tranquilizers? They definitely should of or maybe a taser or gun or something to make them feel more protected if this thing [Sasquatch] attacked them.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I really doubt it's anything close to conclusive evidence. If it was it would be all over the media by now.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LoungeChairSkeptic

Of course it wouldn't be all over the media! Most scientists are so arrogantly skeptical and so hopelessly buried beneath their paradigm (on top of which are so many anomalies that they just toss out without a second thought) that they will look at the evidence, like they always do, and claim it to be nothing but a fluke until they are holding a decapitated sasquatch head in their hands... and even then I wouldn't be surprised if they claimed it was a hoax

Monsterenergy791 they didn't bring any defense from what I could see... I doubt they expected anything to happen...

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
HEADS UP!!

Just saw that Dr. Jeff Meldrum is going to be the guest speaker on Coast to Coast this saturday night! Hopefully he'll go further into details about this case!

[edit on 16-11-2007 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I saw the documentary last week or so ............... it was well done but I am disappointed that they did not place cameras around the cabin as one might expect in their absence...........as one of the commentators here points out. I think if I steped on one of those nail boards, I would be pretty well pissed off and cause enough activity to get caught on film!

Well, maybe next time................

I am interested in speaking or chatting with any hunters in northern NY state or who have hunted in northern ny about any experiences with the
creature or what may have been the [email protected].

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Cro Mag? I dunno... maybe. Evidence was discussed on Discovery how Cro magnon man undoubtedly co-existed with todays modern Homosapiens. I remember them saying that it was probably that modern man had actually killed off cro-mag in a struggle for survival - with homosapiens being smarter and more evolved it was hypothesized that cro-mag had almost no chance against modern man.

Is it possible that cro-mag survived and continues to survive in the most remote areas of the planet? I need to do some more digging, but I seem to remember them saying that with only a few exceptions, cro-mag closely resembled modern man with few DNA differences.

It's certainly getting interesting. I'm following this thread closely.

For some reason your post reminded me of Cain and Abel. Cain being really really hairy and a good hunter, for some reason God hated him before even being born.

Later he goes his seperate way and mates etc. maybe bigfoot/cro-mag is his legacy still living today...

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I didn't have time to read through the whole thread yet, but I just wanted to drop a quick note to ring-in my subscription

I have always believed in the possibility and even liklihood that such a creature exists. I fear however, that even with scientific evidence the line between believer and skeptic will not be blurred. Skeptics always want evidence until they get it.

I would think that such evidence would have made it to mainstream media already. Since it hasn't I sadly doubt that it will. See above.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I see this investigation and its DNA evidence have made Loren Coleman's ( www.cryptomundo.com... ) top 10 bigfoot stories of 2007. Pretty cool stuff. I hope they keep following up this with additional investigations of the area.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Thats great news! I happened to miss that show though

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowed Angel

A Bigfoot Shooting: Pt.1/14
youtube.com...

In a rebroadcast from June 5, 2001, Art Bell interviewed veteran Bigfoot researcher Robert W. Morgan. In the first half of the show, the two are joined by a hunter identified under the name "Bugs" who recounted his experience shooting two Bigfoot over 30 years ago in Texas. Bugs, along with two other hunters, encountered two 7-8 ft. tall creatures, covered in reddish brown hair, that they shot at numerous times, thinking they were bears. After the creatures were killed they discovered they had shot one female and one male. I had "never seen nothing on this Earth that looked like them," said Bugs, who described the pair as being a cross between human and ape. Not wanting to be held responsible for the shootings, the hunters decided to cover-up the incident by burying the creatures.

"Everything I've heard Bugs say has the ring of truth, " said Morgan who offered further analysis of the creatures: Bigfoot are intelligent, sometimes leave "gifts" such as turkey feathers for humans and their species could considered as the ancestor of homo sapiens.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

This would be the coup de grace if true. All he would have to do is unearth the remains and hand them over to BFRO. Somehow my B.S. detector says this is WAY too fantastic to buy into though. It would be the story of the century if true.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by andre18

This would be the coup de grace if true. All he would have to do is unearth the remains and hand them over to BFRO. Somehow my B.S. detector says this is WAY too fantastic to buy into though. It would be the story of the century if true.

I agree. I watched the Monsterquest episode a few days ago and I thought it was pretty interesting, though I missed the beginning. I thought the analysis of the Patterson footage was the most compelling though. If it is a fake then it is one of the best executed hoaxes (if not the best) in history. There's no doubt in my mind (though I'm not a scientist) that if Sasquatch are real that they are certainly extremely intelligent, perhaps near human intelligence. If that is the case then it is no wonder they are almost never seen. I've heard it argued that they must have a sustainable population, but what if they don't? They could be on the verge of extinction. Still, hard evidence is needed and the lack of it fills me with a lot of doubt.

Edit: a corpse is needed. A research team needs to go out there with a rifle and shoot one. While that may seem harsh and cruel it is the only thing that will solve the mystery and I think capturing a bigfoot alive would be quite traumatic for it.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by Langolier]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Why, Oh, Why....

All things considered would it not have been logical to conscript a team of crypto hunters with access to tracker dogs - bloodhounds, etc.
Surely, with a combined effort of many trackers with their canines would have scent to follow.
I'm certain that this must have been tried before without success or with limited results.
Could anyone enlighten me?
Is it presumed that these primate hominds live in social groups or are these elusive creatures solitary individuals?
Where are 'known' sasquatch hotspots ?
Surely these primates must inhabit a territory or region.

^^^^^^^^^^^ Is a baby bigfoot called a'littlefoot'? ^^^^^^^^^^^^

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
I just find it hard to be a leader in Sasquatch research, without ever disecting, or studying one in real life. I know astronomers have never been to Mars, but can be called leading researchers of Mars. Thats because you can see it with a telescope, take readings using instruments. Can you see Sasquatch with a telescope? Finding some hair and blood does not mean anything unless you can compare it to hair and blood of an actual documented Sasquatch.

The idea of their being a leader in a field of study, where what you study can not be proven to exists just perplexes me. The same goes for the term leading UFOlogist, leading Loch Ness Monster researcher.

My pa was born in 1930. He had a lot of interesting terms for stuff. He would call this sort of thing nitpicking.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The bed of screws were put up as a bear deterrent after the cabin was smashed. When the monsterquest crew arrived it had been sitting out in the weather for some time.
The hair fiber that they also found, resembling human hair but it had never been cut and had no spungy center like ordinary human hair.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Has anyone heard of any updates to this story? Have the researchers gone back to the cabin. Did they set up any cameras before they left. I thought I remember in the episode they said they were going to do some more extensive testing on the sample they found.

I'm sure any new info will be debunked based on this most recent bigfoot disaster that happened with the Dbags from Georgia. Idiots like that are definitely part of the problem, not just with bigfoot but in the bigpicture.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
My question is...if the creature (bear or otherwise) stepped on the mat and left blood, hair and tissue samples and then proceeded to wreck the cabin, why wasn't any evidence of the blood found inside? Surely the foot was still bleeding.

I enjoyed the show, it kept my interest all the way to the end.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Bringing dogs to track the sasquatch is a good idea but the ape will see those dogs coming and be able to stay way out of their way. Sasquatch I'm betting can out maneuver man and dogs in the woods.

I also heard the recording of the sasquatches communicating. it sounded like chirps and warbles along with deep bassy growls it was eerie. but it did sound intelligent. didn't sound like a language, more like random sounds but there was intelligent inflection in the sounds they made. sorta how you'd imagine a caveman conversation. but definantly not human in sound. not even remotely.

THe same show I heard the recordings on they were interviewing a community of loggers that lived in RV's or tract homes on the side of a logging dirt road. according to them there are two warring sasquatch clans or families. they don't physically fight they don't think but they do know that they make a lot of noise in the woods right off the side of the road at night. snapping 4-6 inch trees over to mark their territory with the other sasquatch clan in the area.

They showed footage and the trees were pretty hard to dismiss. Not scars from things like rope or chains that a human hoaxer would have needed to pull a pine tree 5 inches thick over far enough to splinter it in two. looks like a very powerful animal did it. They figured it wasn't bears either because the trees were purposely chosen that were broken. bears are random.

One guy said that the sasquatches will leave gifts for him outside his camper door for him to see in the morning and that he has even left stuff out for them which they take and exchange with their own gifts. sounds pretty cool to me.

They should seriously put up cameras there...you'd think.

said he heard a ruckus out in the logging road a few hundred feet down from his camper went outside. it was dark out. and shined his flashlight down the road. he illuminated a sasquatch and it's youngling. the adult sasquatch sorta shrugged at him with it's arms out like "what?!?" he turned off the flashlight, made a sorry gesture and went back into his camper for the night. heard later on something scuffing around outside his camper and found a gift by the door the next morning. interesting claims.

was a pretty cool show.

I also saw the monster quest with the bear nail board. that thing seriously trashed that cabin. cabinets pulled from the walls. overturned fridge. not very bear like. broke things that had nothing to do with food. this thing, whatever it was, was being malicious. it was wrecking the place just cause. it's seemed obviously angry about something.

I wonder though. most sasquatches don't trash cabins that reside in their territory. could this sasquatch have been unusually insecure. the brooding angry young male type.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
A good pack of blood hounds could track AND catch any human or animal anywhere but underwater. So I believe without doubt they could catch a
sasquatch (human/animal), and especially if they could use the scent from the screw board found at the Snow Grove Lake cabin. I mean gimme a break. It's like they don't want to catch it to prove it's existense. No stinky sasquatch is going to elude a blood hound.

Someone give me $20-30,000 and I'll go to that cabin next summer with solar powered camera traps, camcorders, AND blood hounds. You want me to kill one? I'll take a rifle as well, and I'll stay there until I get the beast. I'm sick of these 7 day expeditions that prove nothing. It's as if these bigfoot chasers have something better to do after only a few days in the woods.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join