It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Gun of Sasquatch found?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I was watching a new documentary the other night called "Monsterquest". In it, Dr. Jeff Meldrum, a scientist and leading sasquatch researcher, investigates a series of ransackings at a small cabin in Snow Grove Lake, Ontario that were alledgedly initiated by a sasquatch. Meldrum and other scientists set up a trap-A floor mat with screws sticking straight up out of it, on the edge of the porch of the cabin. They then leave for a few weeks.

Upon returning, they find that a creature with a 17-18 inch sole has indeed compressed down on the mat, LEAVING TISSUE AND BLOOD RESIDUE, as well as hair follicles!

They scrape off the tissue and hair, and have it analyzed by a lab.

Conclusion-DNA is "nearly" 100% human, with a slight alteration of one of the chromosomes, which has a slight resemblance to primate DNA.

So in essence, this being more closely resembles a human being than an ape in it's genetic sequencing, which strengthens my own hypothesis that it is some form of humanoid being, rather than simply some sort of large primate.

I will be very excited to see if there is any follow up to this, and will be curious to see if this starts making news headlines, as it seems pretty incredible to me, particularly that for the first time TISSUE/BLOOD was actually left behind by the creature.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Also of note, but not quite as strong of provable evidence is that on follow-up investigations of the cabin, the investigators had rocks thrown at them at night while investigating the perimeter of the cabin. Despite using night-vision and thermal imaging camers to detect any heat signatures, they could not locate where the source of the hurled rocks came from.

They were quite unnerved by it.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I watched that show as well.

The DNA was indeed interesting. Without being an expert in DNA sequencing ( I can barely spell DeoxiriboNucleicAcid, much less tell you anything about it.
)

It does pose an interesting dilemma for the naysayers. However, it was a rather aged sample, that may have played a role in the ambiguous results. Time, and furthur testing will tell. I'm hoping for a followup at some future date.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't have liked to have been in the area when the 'creature' stood on the screws. Imagine the roar because of the pain!!

Also 'he' would be in a bad mood after such an event. Run!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If they took the time to set up a trap to get blood and tissue samples why didn't they also set up some cameras to get pictures or video as well?

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am admititly fascinated by the prospect of Bigfoot and the DNA aspect sounds interesting.

But this begs the question, if there was so much supposed activity by the Bigfoots in the area, then why did they not place audio and visual equipment around the cabin and the surrounding area?

Pictures, video, sound and DNA would be some pretty compelling evidence.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
I wouldn't have liked to have been in the area when the 'creature' stood on the screws. Imagine the roar because of the pain!!

You know, I actually thought about that too, and part of me felt bad for the creature. It was kind of a crude, cruel trap-but seemed to produce more dramatic results than anythying else I've ever seen in terms of getting solid physical evidence that could be tested.

The crew actually DID follow up with video and sound after the initial DNA extraction, and that is when they encountered the rock-hurling events.

But I agree-having the camera there when this thing MADE the impression and left the tissue sample would have sealed the deal.

They should definitely PERMANENTLY monitor that area with motion detector activated cams.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Angrylightbulb

I agree, however the type of trap they set up was a common bear deterrent for those parts. Folks put those in front of windows and doors to keep the bears away. I would gather that the show didn't really delve too far into it, and maybe led you to believe they set this thing to capture bigfoot evidence. Nope, just trying to keep the bears out, no need for a camera or anything at that point.

However, now that they think that the hairy man himself is stopping in for twinkies they might as well set up some motion activated cameras and a solar recharging station for a power source (can't run the generator all the time, lol)

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I remember watching a certain program i cant remember at the moment. that played actual audio of sasquatch talking to eachother. Their not just stupid apes roaming around the woods, I beleive their highly intelligent, and stray away from human beings as they were probably hunted and killed by early man.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yeah I want to believe so bad in Bigfoot but these shows never come through with the hard evidence. As far as the rock throwing part of the show I would rather they left that part out because it looked fake and cheesy. Even if it was real no one is going to believe it. I do give that dude props for staying out in the woods alone all that time. Ain't no way i would stay out there by myself. If nothing else the bears could eat you.

This was one of the more interesting shows on the subject though.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Angrylightbulb
If they took the time to set up a trap to get blood and tissue samples why didn't they also set up some cameras to get pictures or video as well?

It wasn't a bigfoot trap. They set up the spike mat whenever they left the cabin to keep out animals such as bears. They sent the blood and tissue for analysis ebcasue whatever stepped on the mat proceeded to break into the cabin and trash the entire place in a non-bearlike way.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Saw than last night; they set up camera traps, but presumably they didn't shoot any relevant pics (since they probably would have shown them if they did).
Anyone catch the names of the participants? I want to see if any of them are prone to fibbing.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I can't remember the other two guys names, But Dr. Jeff Meldrum is one of the more familiar cryptozoology faces. He's been on a few TV shows, and has a book out called "Sasquatch: When legend meets science". The book seems to have gotten pretty solid reviews from what I've seen. Haven't heard anything negative about him either.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
don't forget the hair sample was examined, as was determined to be "unknown" but not human or bear

I to would like to witness an 800 lb sasquatch stepping on a screw board !

what did you make of the rock throwing ?

They said one of them was urinating when it happened, I bet his aim got effected

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Actually the 'unknown' hair was in fact determined to be of the non human variety due to the fact that it was missing or did not contain a certain spongy material (the proper name of which is escaping me at the moment)
inside the hair strands themselves.
Another assessment they made was that the hair samples themselves were long and tapered at the end. Tapered being the exact word that they used during the broadcast. With that assessment made the conjured that the hair had never been cut per se and that unless it was that of a feral human it may have been that of a 'sasquatch'. However, they did not find any conclusive information regarding which being it belonged to.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Excellent news.

If anyone finds a copy of this on youtube or google video etc please link it.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
[edit on 10-11-2007 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Angrylightbulb

Wow, it's like you read my mind.. or better yet, why not create a mechanism to trap the creature in the house? Having a live specimen would be proof positive of its existence.

I'm sure that these hair, blood and tissue samples will be made available to independent analysts as well.

I'm not trying to debunk the existence of Sasquatch, Bigfoot, Yeti etc.. but this show that the OP saw just sounds a bit fishy to me. If they new that a creature was ransacking this cabin, why not make some type of effort to capture the creature, instead of trying to get blood, tissue and hair samples.? Why not set up cameras? It just doesn't add up..

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zephyrs

I agree with you 100%. If you know this creature that has eluded people over decades, and you know where it goes [sometimes], why not set up cameras or set up some sort of trap.

Nonetheless, I really enjoyed the show and will definitely watch more episodes. This week, video of the giant squid alive in the ocean will be shown!

Wig

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zephyrs Why not set up cameras? It just doesn't add up..

It does add up when you read the rest of the thread, they left the mats as normal to deter bears, but when it trashed the cabin they got suspicious so looked closesly at the trap mat. They did not intentionally think they would trap a sasquatch.

I have no opinion on the story, could be true but they have false results, could be all BS. Could be true true.

Who knows. Still waiting for the elusive evidence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join