It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unborn child effects Dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hi everybody, I used the ATS search feature and didn't find anything on this subject so I'm creating a thread.

First of all let me say that my wife is pregnant, so this subject is of personal interest to me. But I felt that maybe some of the folks here on ATS might share my interest.

I believe that our baby is affecting or maybe even intensifying our dreams. Especially my wife's, but mine as well. I searched Gogle for related pages to this sublect and found a few, so I'll be adding more information to this thread soon (with sources and links and all that fancy stuff) But for now I wanted to comment on my experiences.

Dreams are already a rather mysterious subject, but I personally don't ususually remember my dreams when I wake up. But latley I've been having some really odd dreams. My wife has also told me that she has been having very strange dreams. And until recently I've never heard my wife talk in her sleep. But lately she talks in her sleep alot. And she says some of the craziest stuff, it leaves mre wondering what the heck is going on in her dream. Well I believe that the baby growing inside my wife is having some type of 'psychic' affect on us when we sleep. Is that possible? Because of the love and the emotional and mental connection between us as a family, when we lay together sleeping our minds are doing some mysterious stuff.

As I mentioned earlier I looked this subject up on Google and there are several pages dedicated to people explaining stories of very strange dreams during pregnancy. So I think that once the human brain is developing but before the child's birth that the child has some mysterious mental connection with it's parents even before it is born.

Well, what do you folks think?

[edit on 9-11-2007 by cynical572]edited to add link to google search on this subject:

www.google.com...

[edit on 9-11-2007 by cynical572]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
My wife is pregnant as well and apart from snoring due to nasal congestion, there is no strange side to her sleep. She does have dreams but nothings seems out of extraordinary, expect when the baby decided to practice martial arts inside her late at night
This is our second child, by the way, and it's all about the same as the first time.

There are significant shifts in hormone levels during pregnancy, and different people have different reactions to that. Will it effect one's biochemistry? Fore sure. So I would stick with that explanation.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the feed back Buddahsystem, But I feel that it's affecting my dreams as well, should my hormones and biochemistry be effected? It seems that the logical explaination is all that stuff about hormones but I believe our child is connecting with us even before it's birth. thanks again though.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wow, thats really interesting.

What exactly is your wife saying in her sleep? Maybe you could tape her, if thats not to personal

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cynical572
Thanks for the feed back Buddahsystem, But I feel that it's affecting my dreams as well, should my hormones and biochemistry be effected? It seems that the logical explaination is all that stuff about hormones but I believe our child is connecting with us even before it's birth. thanks again though.

its not unheard of to have the man go into false labor with his wife, if they share a strong enough bond. You might be very bonded with her and the lil one!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Pregnancy affects a woman body in many ways that we care to get information on, beside the baby development that is what we most of the time concentrate on.

But the mother to be goes under all kind of changes, emotional, physical and hormonal.

When it comes to the hormones that one could be the one affecting the brain functions and perhaps the dreams can intensify as a result.

Don't forget that also a woman starts the emotional roller coaster and that requires a lot of love and understanding from her partner.

Hormonal Changes during pregnancy

www.healthline.com...

Any woman is different but is certain factors that affect all of us during pregnancy that are similar.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Don't forget that also a woman starts the emotional roller coaster and that requires a lot of love and understanding from her partner.

Tell me about it

Thank you to all that have replied to my thread, I'll keep you updated on the specifics such as what the dreams are about or stuff like that...Have a great week end ATS!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This are some other links that can help.

Vivid dreams during pregnancy
Reviewed by the BabyCenter Medical Advisory Board
Last updated: January 2003

www.babycenter.com...

Expectant Fathers

www.suite101.com...

Sleeping during pregnancy

www.kidshealth.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cynical572

One more thing, in my experience with my two pregnancy I have also vivid dreams and they were related with my unborn child.

Is not uncommon for a mother to be to hear a baby crying, laughter and running of what it seems children when they are none in the house at the time.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
When I was pregnant I had some very strange dreams as well. I do believe their is a strong bond or something because I knew I was pregnant when it happened. I didn't want to get my fiancees hopes up so I bought a test and both of them came out positive. Told my fiancee and I made an appoitment... I was only 2 weeks along.

His birth... he was whisked away the minute he was born cuz he had some complications. Born at 4:30pm and I didn't see him until 9pm. The minute I saw him, held him, he started getting better. They loaded him up and took him to a NCIU in a neighboring city. A week later I got to go stay with him at the NICU and he started doing better by leaps and bounds... ate more than what the nurses said..(they said that was good... they were having trouble getting him to eat) and his pulse ox evened out.

Now he's six months and just last week he was with my Aunt and she got rear ended and I woke up cuz I thought I heard him screaming... half an hour later I got a phone call that there was a car accident, but he was fine and everyone was fine as well. He was mainly scared and someone who was holding him didn't care for babies too much cuz the minute he went to my Aunt or one of the nurses that asked to hold him he was fine... all smiles and giggles.

So I belive there is some pretty strong and amazing stuff between parents.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Firstly, congratulations on expecting a kid

My guess is that the unborn baby is in both of your thoughts much of the time, especially if it is your first. (you didn't say if this is so, but my hunch says that it is) You two are probably really excited, and I wouldn't be surprised if the baby was something you were thinking of as you fall asleep sometimes. I'd attribute it to some kind of 'expectant parent syndrome', myself. In the case of your wife, there may be some kind of biological factors as others have suggested, but my education isn't in that area, so I don't really know a lot about it, but it seems plausible to me.

new topics

top topics

join