It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realities Crossing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is something that more than likely has a viable explanation, but it was interesting enough that I thought I would get the opinions of my fellow ATS people about it.

Last night I got a call from my Fiancee at exactly 12:16 AM. Have it logged in my phone. She explained this dream she had been having over and over since she went to sleep. She was terrified and crying on the phone with me. I interpreted the dream for her and she went to bed fine. I called her this morning on my first break and asked if she had the dream again. She said "What Dream"? From what I understand she had no recollection of ever calling me last night. No recollection of a dream she had.

I at first thought that maybe I dreamed the whole thing up. So I checked my call log on my phone. She had indeed called. I asked her to check her log to see if she called me. But her phone has no record of making a call to me at all last night. She checked her received calls and had record of ME calling her at 12:15 AM last night. At first I thought maybe I called her or she called me and we missed eachothers calls at first. Which would explain why we both made calls to eachother. But neither mine nor her phone has record of ever even making a call at those times last night.

Conclusion, we both got calls from eachother one minute apart. But neither one of us made the call.

My theories are this:
A. Both phones are messed up
B. Both of us made the call at the same time
C. Neither one of us made the call but something on the Space/Time continuum says that we did. (IE Multiverse theory where two universes collided)
D. A spirit or entity is trying to tell me something. (Since she does not recall but I do)

Some opinions or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated

[edit on 9-11-2007 by deadangel23]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
no comments at all? not even someone to tell me to stop being paranoid? Something, anything...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well, if you want my honest opinion:

I actually believe in ocassional overspills from parallel realities in which other versions-of-ourself exist. I also believe this is something incredibly rare. And I also believe it mostly occurs in altered states of sleep, dreaming and lucid dreaming. My explanation would be that she fell asleep and entered another version-of-herself, another reality, from which she called you. Amazing...beautiful...scary...call it what you want.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Well, if you want my honest opinion:

I actually believe in ocassional overspills from parallel realities in which other versions-of-ourself exist. I also believe this is something incredibly rare. And I also believe it mostly occurs in altered states of sleep, dreaming and lucid dreaming. My explanation would be that she fell asleep and entered another version-of-herself, another reality, from which she called you. Amazing...beautiful...scary...call it what you want.

thank you much for that. That is kind of what I am believing, as I was asleep and apparently she was too, at the time of the calls. I believe I am going to try and devise a way to experiment and reproduce this consciously.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Good post and a very interesting event.

What is her whole take on the event? I doubt its your phones messing up so I would strike that from your mind. If you can figure out some way to create the event please get back to us.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by deadangel23

Dear Deadangel,

I feel morally obligated (in the name of intellectual honesty) to submit to you the first thought that crossed my mind. Did your girlfriend use any kind of sleeping pills that night? Because - and this might be useful for many people out there - Ambien (the substance called zolpidem), for example, can and does cause black-outs. People have been known to raid their fridges, call people on the phone, even go out... and have no recollection of any of it the next day.

The docs deny it (but of course...), but the evidence is overwhelming. And it may not be the only drug that causes that.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by deadangel23

Dear Deadangel,

I feel morally obligated (in the name of intellectual honesty) to submit to you the first thought that crossed my mind. Did your girlfriend use any kind of sleeping pills that night? Because - and this might be useful for many people out there - Ambien (the substance called zolpidem), for example, can and does cause black-outs. People have been known to raid their fridges, call people on the phone, even go out... and have no recollection of any of it the next day.

The docs deny it (but of course...), but the evidence is overwhelming. And it may not be the only drug that causes that.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by Vanitas]

A valid question. That I am aware of, no she hadn't taken anything. Trust me she don't need sleeping pills lol. When that girl goes to sleep...she is almost dead for at least 12 hours.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

When that girl goes to sleep...she is almost dead for at least 12 hours.

Lucky, lucky LUCKY girl...

P.S. Oh, and if eventually you do find out what happened, please come back and tell us, OK?

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
A bit freaky. Could ask her what you said to her when she got your call?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Have you considered that she might have called you from within the dream itself? there are many cases of people being able to do just about anything when they are in the right frame of mind and if she called you from a dreamed up phone she could have very well mimicked the way a phone works with her mind and it would explain why you have a record and she does not

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I was listening to Beyond Reality Radio podcast archive the other day and the guy they were talking with described a similar phenomena. He described them as "spirit mimics" that sometimes mimic human beings, even in the physical form, and they have been known to call people imitating their boyfriends or girlfriends. Supposedly, when physically seen, they can also imitate such people, with only slight discrepancies. I think the dudes name was Steiger and he wrote a book that had some info on them called Shadow World.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX
Have you considered that she might have called you from within the dream itself?

Yes, I considered that. But as I stated. We BOTH have record of receiving a call on the phones. But neither one of us has record of MAKING the call.

Originally posted by Disastorm
I was listening to Beyond Reality Radio podcast archive the other day and the guy they were talking with described a similar phenomena. He described them as "spirit mimics" that sometimes mimic human beings, even in the physical form, and they have been known to call people imitating their boyfriends or girlfriends. Supposedly, when physically seen, they can also imitate such people, with only slight discrepancies. I think the dudes name was Steiger and he wrote a book that had some info on them called Shadow World.

Interesting. Can you provide a web link?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
podcast link beyondreality.planetparanormal.com...

otherwise you can search google for "spirit mimics"

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disastorm
podcast link beyondreality.planetparanormal.com...

otherwise you can search google for "spirit mimics"

thank you for the link. I will check it out when I get home.

top topics

join