It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Thanksgiving Avatar Competition '07

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Welcome to Above Top Secret's Thanksgiving Avatar Competition 2007!

As of this moment, the competition has begun! It shall run until November 22nd, 2007 at 12:00AM PST. At that point, the competition will be closed and the judges will take over. Each submission will be judged on different aspects, and our winner(s) will be announced.

Our two primary concerns for judging will be:

• Artistic Ability
  • How Well It Fits The Theme

In the past, we have had different divisions for different members, which does permit everyone to participate. It has worked in the past, so we will continue with it. Our two divisions will be the Lightweight Division and the Heavyweight Division/

Lightweight Division

This division is for members who do not regularly create images, or hold breathtaking photo shop abilities. We do stipulate that you do create your own avatar to enter the competition.

If you need any assistance with an avatar, resizing or cropping, it is mandatory that you turn to myself for help. This is merely to restrict the editing of submissions, by other members or competitors. So if you need help, do not hesitate to ask. Would be more than happy to lend a hand.

By clicking the link below, you will be able to send me a u2u.

-- chissler --

Heavyweight Division

This division is restricted to the members who create their own avatars, without any assistance. If you wish to enter this division, you can not ask for any help. Judges will weed through all the submissions and decide on a winner. If you are submitting an avatar in this division, it is mandatory that you have created the avatar yourself.

Each member may submit ONLY one avatar for this competition.

• Members are not permitted to post 1 avatar per division, it is 1 submission for the whole competition. Any others will be deleted, no questions asked. Mods will not remove older image posts so that you can resubmit. You will only have the regular “edit window” if you need to fix an image. Members who submit an avatar in both divisions will have the second avatar deleted.

• Images that break the Terms & Conditions Of Use will be removed and the member will be disqualified from the contest.

• Before submitting any submission, please take a moment to review the Avatar Guidelines for Above Top Secret. If your entry does not meet the guidelines, it will be disqualified. If your entry is disqualified for not meeting these standards, but did not break the Terms & Conditions Of Use, members will be permitted to submit another entry, if time permits.

• Images submitted after the deadline will not be accepted

• To formally submit your avatar, you must follow the appropriate guidelines. Make a post in this thread with your avatar displayed, your member name in the post, and what division you are entering.

• Staff members may enter, but their entries are not eligible for judging.

Awards

Winner(s) of the Lightweight Division will be rewarded 5,000 BTS Points! Winner(s) of the Heavyweight Division will be rewarded 10,000 BTS Points!

If either winning entry is of an Alien Theme, they will be rewarded with a bonus 5,000 BTS Points.

When judging commences, other point totals may be handed out to deserving entries.

This thread is for ENTRIES ONLY.

Comments are restricted to the discussion thread linked below.

Discussion Thread for ATS's Thanksgiving Avatar Competition 2007

Good Luck to everyone!

[edit on 9-11-2007 by chissler]

• posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:43 AM
    link   
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone and good luck !

Heavyweights

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:49 PM
    link   
    Here's my entry. It's for the Heavyweight competition, and includes an alien theme.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:09 PM
    link   
    Superior alien cloaking technology...

heavyweight

[edit on 9-11-2007 by an0maly33]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:10 PM
    link   
    Heavyweight

Happy thanksgiving and goodluck =]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:17 AM
    link   
    Heavyweight

"Just Be Thankful"

Semper

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:43 AM
    link   
    ok, after a LOT of work, i came up with this...

oh and, lightweight devision.

Roswell1.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:15 PM
    link   
    Lightweight

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:19 PM
    link   
    I had a fun and creative evening last night! This is my cockatiel 'Shuttle' ... named as he fell out of the sky one week after the Columbia Space Shuttle exploded. I deemed him 'SPACE JUNCK', thus the name 'Shuttle' was bestowed upon him.

Heavyweights ........ Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:32 PM
    link   
    Great work so far everyone...in a silly mood so here goes...hopefully anyone who frequents the Alien UFO boards will get this one...enjoy!

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:40 PM
    link   
    My first ATS Avatar contest submission:

Heavyweight

[edit on 18-11-2007 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:00 PM
    link   
    frayed1
    lightweight

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:37 AM
    link   
    Ok here's mine. Hope it is in time!!