It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selling Pixels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
So, I was reading an article in the newspaper about a guy named Alex Tew (21 Year old british student) came up with an idea to sell pixels (the dots on the screeen) to buyers.

He sold each of the pixels at $US1 each, and now he is a millionaire.

It was an interesting read, and just thought i'd bring it up that people might be interested in. It just really fascinated me, but if it was that easy to do, many people would be rich!

Here are the links to his two sites:

Milliondollarhomepage

Pixelotto

Has anyone seen any similar sites/copy cat sites?

[edit on 9-11-2007 by yeahibelieve]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahibelieve
Milliondollarhomepage

I believe the guy that made this is the original one.

I gotta say - I'm jealous. That's plain brilliant as far as websites go. I wish I had thought of it.

It can't really be all that easy to maintain, and definitely not easy to advertise to get people to buy your pixels. The original one caught on, but that's the one a lot of people know. People don't know the copycats, so there's no point in advertising on those.

So I'd say the guy started and killed a brilliant website trend. His million dollars was well earned (not really hard earned..) as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There was a tv programme about the whole idea/concept and the guy had a lot of ideas.

From what I remember there was a lot of copycat sites that appeared, but they didn't last!!

Awesome concept.

MonKey.

new topics

join