It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cant stop double posting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Since today (or possibly late yesterday), Im double posting every time I post. Ive been a member of this site for months now and never had this problem before. I only click the Post button once, yet two posts gets created.

Any ideas what I can do? Ive tried relogging, didnt make a difference.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Test reply to see what happens....

link   

Test reply to see what happens....

link   
Well, kind of speaks for itself doesnt it...

link   
Well, kind of speaks for itself doesnt it...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Check out your mouse seettings. Sensetivity and whatnot... and if that's all good, it's probably a physical problem with the mouse. Could always be a virus or trojan or bad shizzy on your HD, also. Did you virus scan? I love how inaccurate computer viruses are portrayed in movies.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Its not the mouse. Im tabbing to the "Post Reply" button with this post if you like just to show you... now I hit enter.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Its not the mouse. Im tabbing to the "Post Reply" button with this post if you like just to show you... now I hit enter.

Edit: Ill try a virus scan...

[edit on 9-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Dude! Stop repeating yourself, it's annoying

Try posting with a different browser first. It could be a glitch in the browser, happened to me once.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
weerd problem indeed. its not on our end, though... so I'm assuming it's your own PC's problem.... and it could be a million things, maybe just your browser files got dmaged somehow just the slightest bit and it has hard time interacting between itsself and the site because f it.... like some people who get antisocial after head injuries.... haha just a random slightly drunk slightly insomniac thought.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Trying a post with Internet Exploder...

Ok, that worked. Then it must be Firefox. I know I updated it a few days ago with some patch it offered to me...

Think im going to try a reinstall of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Posting this with Firefox 3.0 Alpha 8 just to try it out.

Cool. It worked... Ok, Im going to run this version from now on me thinks. It has some nice stuff and seems to work pretty good. Its very fast.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I do it too but i thought it was because us older folks start repeating ourselves all the time.
I think we repeat ourselves.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I just read a thread on Deja vue, maybe that is why you are double posting. wait that is backwards, nevermind

I actually thought of way this could happen.

In all seriousness, imagine a person is watching your computer with one of those virus where every web page you go to he goes to also, he would be the second post, since he would also go to the page that submits the post originally.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by Redge777]

top topics

join