It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

georgia schools to ban evolution theory

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
My children attend school in georgia...This is GOOD news
to me.


sounds like a georgian tuh me! lets go scrape up sum roadkill and make sum good home redneck cookin!




posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
First of all I think that it is stupid to change the name from evolution to something else. I mean really whats the point they are still going to be teaching evolution.

Secondly, I think schools need to teach both evolution and creationism and let the student decide for themself. This way the information is put before the student and the student can decide for himself/ herself.



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
First of all I think that it is stupid to change the name from evolution to something else. I mean really whats the point they are still going to be teaching evolution.

Secondly, I think schools need to teach both evolution and creationism and let the student decide for themself. This way the information is put before the student and the student can decide for himself/ herself.


Here is an honest question then: what about the seperation of church and state? I mean, if you can not even say god in the pledge of allegence, then how can you talk about god creating everything?



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
OK,this is one of my favourite sites and any excuse to put it up.

www.bushorchimp.com...





Please visit this site it is a classic on the web.I promise you won't be dissapointed.There are three pages of this stuff.

Oh,just to show there is a point.I'm pro-evolution theory.

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by John bull 1]



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Why does it say paper jam, when there is no paper jam?


I do not know. See with my printer.



Originally posted by dunkleskates

always. do you have a point?


I've always a point. And you,did you have a point ?


Now let's go back to the thread subject. I don't see what's wrong with banning evolution theory. It's just a theory after all, not something who has been proved a million time and can't be challenged.
Of course, if " they " were finding their so-called missing link(s)....



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I wonder, where's the PROOF of creationism?I don't think that there is any.



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Originally posted by Jonna

Why does it say paper jam, when there is no paper jam?


I do not know. See with my printer.



Originally posted by dunkleskates

always. do you have a point?


I've always a point. And you,did you have a point ?


Now let's go back to the thread subject. I don't see what's wrong with banning evolution theory. It's just a theory after all, not something who has been proved a million time and can't be challenged.
Of course, if " they " were finding their so-called missing link(s)....


my point is that if someone believes in creationism, and they say evolution isn't true because there is no physical evidence of a missing link, then they are in effect saying that creationism isn't true because there is even less (if any) physical proof.

*edit* by the way, you say you have a point as well. please share why you think smoking weed has anything to do with this discussion.

[Edited on 1-30-2004 by dunkleskates]



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates


sounds like a georgian tuh me! lets go scrape up sum roadkill and make sum good home redneck cookin!


Dunk that was a lame insult that was completely unwarranted..I assure you you are NO better and probably not as smart.
both of my children are in the gifted programs.
I read the article after I posted and discovered all they are removing is the word evolution which is stupid if they are going to still teach the theory.

and whoever said wheres the proof for creationism, there is every bit as much proof for creationism as there is for evolution...but they teach evolution, dont they?



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Is this really the 21st century? We're still having this argument in America?

Hmm....let's see....how do other countries handle this problem? Oh wait, I'd have to look it up in a history book that covers the years 1900-1920.


The South....dingleberry of the United States...

"Cox, a Republican elected to the post in 2002, repeatedly referred to evolution as a "buzzword" Thursday and said the ban was proposed, in part, to alleviate pressure on teachers in socially conservative areas where parents object to its teaching."

"Here we are, saying we have to improve standards and improve education, and we're just throwing a bone to the conservatives with total disregard to what scientists say," said state Rep. Bob Holmes, a Democrat."

# social conservatives.



[Edited on 1/30/2004 by Flinx]



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot

Originally posted by dunkleskates


sounds like a georgian tuh me! lets go scrape up sum roadkill and make sum good home redneck cookin!


Dunk that was a lame insult that was completely unwarranted..I assure you you are NO better and probably not as smart.
both of my children are in the gifted programs.
I read the article after I posted and discovered all they are removing is the word evolution which is stupid if they are going to still teach the theory.

and whoever said wheres the proof for creationism, there is every bit as much proof for creationism as there is for evolution...but they teach evolution, dont they?


i apologize for the insult. im sure rednecks are just a smart as me. by the way, i was also in the gifted discvery program for the first 6 years of school.

back on subject, please show me at least 1 proof of creationism, and i will cencede to your superior southern intellect



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Dunk,It wasnt that I did not to answer you earlier...I have a company to run, I was not online.

and No howard I do not want them to push religion on anyone but to teach evolution is just as wrong...for those of you that believe that garbage I have some compelling evidence that evolution is a flawed concept,

I'm not here to tell you what to believe..just that darwins theory is wrong
and I'd just as soon them not teach it.

Yes Dunk, I am a Christian and I believe in Jesus Christ.
Lloyd Pye wrote this and he believes that Aliens brought us here or created us here...Im not saying hes right either, but he seriously destroys the Darwin theory
here;
www.lloydpye.com...

Read this with an open mind and come tell me you think darwin was on target.

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by cyberpilot]



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
Dunk,It wasnt that I did not to answer you earlier...I have a company to run, I was not online.

and No howard I do not want them to push religion on anyone but to teach evolution is just as wrong...for those of you that believe that garbage I have some compelling evidence that evolution is a flawed concept,

I'm not here to tell you what to believe..just that darwins theory is wrong
and I'd just as soon them not teach it.

Yes Dunk, I am a Christian and I believe in Jesus Christ.
Lloyd Pye wrote this and he believes that Aliens brought us here or created us here...Im not saying hes right either, but he seriously destroys the Darwin theory
here;
www.lloydpye.com...

Read this with an open mind and come tell me you think darwin was on target.

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by cyberpilot]


wow. im totally convinced. he sure destroys the darwin theory, espescially considering that even you admit he isn't right.

how can you use this as proof against darwinism, when it shows the same amount of proof against creationism. if you believed this enough to think it prooves evolution wrong, then you must be reconsidering your religion about now.

[Edited on 1-30-2004 by dunkleskates]



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I did not admit anything, my belief prevents me from subscribing to his theory of aliens creating us..
but IF you read the page you have to admit he has a point about Darwinism...from a scientific standpoint.



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
I did not admit anything, my belief prevents me from subscribing to his theory of aliens creating us..
but IF you read the page you have to admit he has a point about Darwinism...from a scientific standpoint.


and the same point about creationism. this site proves nothing.



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
DUDE, you continue to miss my point...I'm not saying believe in creationism.

just dont be fooled by the Darwin theory

Darwin himself said if it wasnt proven it should be discarded...what else do you need...and yes that
site makes it pretty darn hard to believe in darwins theory.



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You're right Cyberpilot, natural selection and survival of the fittest, sound completely assinine compared to ...*Poof*...!



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
DUDE, you continue to miss my point...I'm not saying believe in creationism.

just dont be fooled by the Darwin theory

Darwin himself said if it wasnt proven it should be discarded...what else do you need...and yes that
site makes it pretty darn hard to believe in darwins theory.


YOU'RE missing MY point. you can't use this guys views as proof darwinism being false, and at the same time maintain you're religion when his same views that you use to prove me wrong, also prove you wrong.
what im saying is, unless you are willing to accept that your religion is false, you are believing what is in your best interest, but discarding the same proof when it isn't in your best interest. and because darwin hasn't been proven correct yet, doesn't mean he won't be.

if this site makes it 'pretty damn hard to believe darwin's theory, it should make it just as hard to believe his theory that aliens seeding us is correct.

[Edited on 1-30-2004 by dunkleskates]



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm not trying to prove you wrong dunk...but IF you had read the page you would see the scientific basis for what I say about darwinism...It CANNOT be right
read the WHOLE page.



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
And nottoohappy survival of the fittest ensures a strong bloodline...it DOES NOT cause a trans specie jump.



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Cyberpilot,

The gifted programs are rapidly degrading in the South. I am in one my self in Texas. The only way to ensure a good education is in a GT/Pre-AP class, not only a GT class.

As for Georgia, I dont give # what they teach only their teams.
Falcons: Finished under .500
Hawks: Worst Team in NBA
Braves: Poised to make a run at .500

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by mig12]




top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join