It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Tea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I was wondering is too much green tea bad for you? Is there a certain amount you should stop at? I've heard that some experts recommend 10 cups of tea to gain the full benefits.

What are the proper instructions to making green tea?

Also what do you think is the best green tea out there?
I'm currently drinking Lipton Green Tea.

I've just heard about White Tea and it's mentioned to be more better than green tea. True?

[edit on 8-11-2007 by AncientVoid]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Too much of anything is bad for you.
But I can't imagine you could drink so much in a day that you could hurt yourself. It's basically like water with a few added benifits. Just make sure you pee it out and your fine.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AncientVoid

In my opinion there's very little wrong with Green Tea, so you're probably fairly safe. I'd just be aware of the caffine content - I think it generally has about 1/4 of the amount of caffine as 1 cup of coffee per cup, but it can go up to 1/2 as much and if you're drinking a lot in a day it adds up.

If anyone else has information on this feel free to correct me.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Green tea has been seen in studies to raise your metabolism up to 6% so it's good as a dietary aid to burn a couple of extra calories. I don't recall how much you'd have to drink to achive that result though.

Good detoxifier too
news.bbc.co.uk...

Just wish it was tastier.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I have also heard the 10 cups a day thing. Myself I only have one cup a day. Its a great way to rid yourself of those pesky free radicals.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
You only truly benefit if you drink it raw.

Basically, boiled teabags and such.

The pre-mixed stuff very rarely has more then 11% green tea in it. Then your drinking HFCS with it too 90% of the time.

There are also green tea capsules you can take (natural herbal supplments) that work well.

new topics

top topics

join