It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stupid cats!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
yeah i don't what it is about these...creatures. they trip me out. they're strange and eerie. i don't like for them to look at me either, i feel like they're just waiting to pounce on me and claw my eyes out. i don't trust them.

also, as luck would have it, they always seem to think i like them. i have many friends who own cats, and everytime i visit them their cats always come up to me thinking i'm the cat lover. they'll rub their bodies up against my legs. i can't stand when they do that
everytime they do it i have to greatly supress the impulse to punt them to the moon. they also like jump in my lap and dig their claws into my legs! cats suck!

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
wow, that was like reading my exact explanation for why i hate cats, but it was written by someone else, I hate those animals, they are selfish, they are ugly, and they cannot be left alone, a dog will just sleep, but a cat will plost against you, I swear.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Cats have certain social expectations. They don't like to be looked at directly.

Invariably, the cat lovers will be trying to get the cat's attention, which makes it uncomfortable. But you, as someone who doesn't like cats, is ignoring it. Which makes it find you safe. So it comes to you because you aren't looking at it.

Give it the stare down, evil eye and it'll leave you alone, every time.

Staring into a cat's eyes is considered rude in cat society. They won't like you if you do that.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well, we own 5 cats now, and I could not imagine feeling like you do about them.
They are fuzzy, warm, goofy, some are bad, but some people are bad too.

But I don't hate all people, just most of them.

Perhaps you really like cats, you just don't know it yet, they sure seem to like you.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
they'll rub their bodies up against my legs.

When cats do that, it's less that they like you, and more that they're just 'marking' you with their scent. Kinda like 'tag, you're now my property.'

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am not a big fan of cats... I don't like, and question the intelligence of, any animal that doesn''t come to you when you call its name.. However, for whatever reason, cats will come to me. I pet them and love on them, but I'm not a big fan of the cat... :shk:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
i have to greatly supress the impulse to punt them to the moon!

That is so funny man! I love cat but can't stand dogs. I had a boss one time who had a small dog in her back yard. (Hotel Manager) Well, I had to work on the timer to the hotel sign and it was in the backyard so I had to go back their with that pesty damn thing nipping at my leg! I looked both directions and stuck my foot under the dog and gave it a good punt accross the yard. It was like 30 feet.

When the dog was flying through the ait lookign like it was confused, my boss turned around the corner to see the dog land then run towards her.

You could guess that I didn't have that job for too long!:bnghd:

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I am not a big fan of cats... I don't like, and question the intelligence of, any animal that doesn''t come to you when you call its name..

That totaly doesn't make sense, cats are not like dogs where you just feed them and they are stupid enough to love you for it. Cats are alot like people, they need to be reasured that they are loved and cared for. If you don't do that the the cat is smart enough to figure you are not worthy of the attention to respond to you call it. A dog will simply be happy you came home from work!

I've never had problems with cats responding to me when calling them. Maybe your bodylanguage is all wrong. Remeber that they don't understand your language so they are looking and read your body.

I my relationship and psychology studies I have read several books on pets and proper communication and it helps greatly when you understand them better.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by MrMysticism]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
A dog is blindly loyal. It will follow you off the edge of a cliff. A cat will just say "later"!

I love cats.

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
That totaly doesn't make sense, cats are not like dogs where you just feed them and they are stupid enough to love you for it. Cats are alot like people, they need to be reasured that they are loved and cared for. If you don't do that the the cat is smart enough to figure you are not worthy of the attention to respond to you call it. A dog will simply be happy you came home from work!

That is so true. I've never had any problems with the neighbours' dogs because I bribe them all a couple of times with tasty treats. The same trick won't work with cats. It take a whole lot more effort to get them on your side.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This man is a hero of mine, i think you'd like him too.

Linky

He's justifying wearing a hat made of pelts from the cats he'd killed, to a black-tie dinner thrown by the South Australian tourism industry.

Another Linky

Wamsley entered the public eye when he attended a tourism awards ceremony wearing a hat made from the pelt of a feral cat. The ensuing controversy lead to a change in the law, allowing feral cats to be legally killed

mojo

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have my own theory for why cats and dogs don't get along so well. Dogs wag their tails when they're happy, while cats wag their tails when they're annoyed, angry or cranky. So if a dog sees a cat wagging its tail, he'll misunderstand and believe that the cat is friendly. He'll run over to the cat and the cat will scratch him. From the cats point of view, he'll see a dog wagging its tail and believe that the dog is unfriendly or angry. See what I mean?

Btw, if you want to "smile" to a cat, blink your eyes. The cat does the same to you when he "smiles" back. A cat that doesn't wag its tail and blink with its eyes, is friendly/in a good mood.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Cats rule dogs drool as was said in a movie and it's so true. I prefer cats to dogs and I have both. I mean come on pat a dog on the head and it'lll just stand there while you scramble what few brains it has; don't try that on a cat. My cats come when I call them and the dogs don't. Truly I love all my critters.

top topics

join