It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanksgiving facts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Turkey was the first meal consumed by men on the moon.

Thanksgiving was not a holiday until Abraham Lincoln was voted into office.

Theodore Roosevelt moveed Thanksgiving from the last Thursday of November to the second to last Thursday of November to make more time for the Christmas shopping season.

Anyone got anymore Thanksgiving facts?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This first one isn't really thanksgiving related but: Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey as the national bird instead of the bald eagle.

There are approx. 280 million turkeys sold for thanksgiving alone.
Dayum, thats a lot.

Also not related to thanksgiving, but interesting nonetheless: A scared turkey can run up to 20 mph.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
There was 52 Pilgrims and about 50 natives that attended the first Thanksgiving, in 1621. They ate Turkey and other fowl, but no

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey for the national bird because the wild turkeys are much smarter than the bald eagles.

Male turkeys have a "gobble" females do not. The females are responsible for the well known turkey sound.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The first thanksgiving turkey was called Gerald.

After the first thanksgiving one of the pilgrims stood up to make a speach, he sneezed and gave all the natives flu, they were all dead within a week.

The day after the first thanksgiving was the day of the first turkey curry.

Roland

I also have heard that the Chinese plan to eat turkey when they get to the moon as well!

MonKey

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I wonder how turkey tastes on the moon.

Al

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Every year the president of the united states "pardons" a turkey so it doesn't get eaten. Am I right?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Israel has the highest consumption of turkey per capita: 12 kg (27 lb).
Maybe they stole the turkeys from Iran?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
ping-pong is the traditional thanksgiving day sporting activity, well...according to the Peanuts gang. The generally accepted optional "feast" includes:

* Two slices of buttered toast (though Peppermint Patty mentions just one)
* Some pretzel sticks,
* A handful of popcorn, and
* A few jelly beans.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Well I for one am glad I don't celebrate Thanksgiving with the peanuts gang. I love me some turkey, mashed potatoes and the traditional flat bread--lefse.

Lefse is a traditional soft Norwegian flatbread made out of potato, milk or cream and flour, and cooked on a griddle.

en.wikipedia.org...
Lefse is delicious.

top topics

join