It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AT&T whistleblower: I was forced to connect 'big brother machine'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

AT&T whistleblower: I was forced to connect 'big brother machine'

rawstory.com

Appearing on MSNBC's Countdown program, whistleblower Mark Klein told Keith Olbermann that a copy of all internet traffic passing over AT&T lines was copied into a locked room at the company's San Francisco office -- to which only employees with National Security Agency clearance had access -- via a cable splitting device.

"We're talking about domestic traffic as well as international traffic."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Heroic whistleblowers are rare these days. With all the high crime and misdermeanors being committed, it shows how deep the power and corruption ges to keep most people silent.

This man is a true patirot.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is pretty old, although important. Souljah covered it here in detail in 2006.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

brill

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
AT&T whistleblower: I was forced to connect 'big brother machine'David Edwards and Jason Rhyne
Published: Wednesday November 7, 2007

This story broke Nov 7, 2007. It was the first time I heard of it, and I am sure there are millions who still have not heard this story.

One problem with ATS is important stories get so easily buried.

[edit on (11/8/07) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Published: Wednesday November 7, 2007

This story broke Nov 7, 2007. It was the first time I heard of it, and I am sure there are millions who still have not heard this story.

One problem with ATS is important stories get so easily buried.

The story broke in 2006, it just seems that Rawstory is behind the 8-ball. The whistleblower in question, Mark Klein, was also referenced in the previous link I provided with a similar story. Yes its important but certainly nothing new,

brill

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
The story broke in 2006, it just seems that Rawstory is behind the 8-ball. The whistleblower in question, Mark Klein, was also referenced in the previous link I provided with a similar story. Yes its important but certainly nothing new,

brill

you are correct that this is an old story, but Raw Story is just reporting on the fact that Mark Klein was on Keith Olbermann on 07 Nov 2007 talking about it again... there is a link to the video on the story page...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The story is resurfacing because Klein is giving testimony before a Legislative Committee.

Related article with an additional links below. Really, it's an attempt at connecting-the-dots regarding what they are REALLY doing with the captured data:

Scary Surveillance and Synthetic Environments:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

ATS is supposed to be a collaborative attempt to Deny Ignorance.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

^^ That part really stood out for me. Sure spying on your own citizens is bad... but Shouldn't the US gov be in some pretty big doo-doo monitoring international data as well? Data doesn't have to originate or end up in the US for it to travel through an ATT router in the states. Data from Canada, for instance.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel

^^ That part really stood out for me. Sure spying on your own citizens is bad... but Shouldn't the US gov be in some pretty big doo-doo monitoring international data as well? Data doesn't have to originate or end up in the US for it to travel through an ATT router in the states. Data from Canada, for instance.

I thought it was the other way around - that the PA or some junk allowed for international snooping, and that it was the DOMESTIC stuff that was bad mojo.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think this is the same guy I seen on cspan one morning this past week. I always thought that the government listened in on people as much as technology aloud them at the time in the past and now.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
"One nation, under surveilance..."

[edit on 9-11-2007 by 7thDay]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by guavas

Originally posted by Kruel

I thought it was the other way around - that the PA or some junk allowed for international snooping, and that it was the DOMESTIC stuff that was bad mojo.

hi there,

yes you are right, that is why the spy base at menwith hill and fylingdales in the UK is there ,

snoopyuk

new topics

top topics

join