It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities shut down highway during rush hour to look for bank robber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
"ATLANTA -- Interstate 75 southbound coming into the city at Moores Mill Road has been completely shut down during the evening rush hour. Police are looking for a bank robber and stolen money in the area."

www.wsbtv.com...

This seems fishy to me. It seems like once the robbers see the interstate shut down they will abandon the car anyway. Even if they found the robbers, what if there was a shootout? The surrounding people would be put into harms way (and they have no choice but to stay with their car or abandon it).

Is this not an abuse of power? Is this not the sort of thing that we use as an example of how police authority can be used to stop thousands in their tracks for little to no reason? I really doubt it is about the money, for many reasons. It must be about something else, maybe the robber is on the FBI most wanted list or something, but I doubt it. Still... shutting down a highway during rush hour for the tiny chance that you will catch the robber?

Maybe it's not about the robbery at all, but something much more important going on they just aren't sharing.

join