It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloopers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Funny forum things,

I thought it would be a laugh to here some forum bloopers that im sure we have all made,

loll it got me thinking when I had to re edit a post I had made a few days ago,

I was replying to a thread that was sad and instead of using the
icon I used
icon, loll

It made me look like I enjoyed the bad in the event 0-0

Its like "I'm sorry you house burned down
"

Loll so what bloopers have you made?

Have you go off at someone then realise it was not that member?
Have you replied to the complete wrong thread?
posted a new thread instead of reply?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
posted a new thread instead of reply?

My very first post on ATS was authored as a new thread, as opposed to a reply. I was so embarrassed!

Another embarrassing ATS moment for me, never occurred on ATS.

When I first signed up a few years ago, I was providing technical support for Microsoft. I basically dogged it all day long, and spent most of my time on ATS. When I would do a little bit of work, I had to document a lot of material to keep track of what troubleshooting was done. After documenting, we had to update the case and save it. Once it was saved, nothing could be done to it.

Well, somehow I had copied a huge post of mine on a JFK conspiracy and accidentally posted that in the case file for a client. It was very long, could not be hidden, and my cheeks were very red.

I think I created a new case for the client and hoped nobody pulled that one from the archives. Had they of, they would of had a fun time trying to figure out why someone began to discuss Lee Harvey Oswald, while trying to remove a virus or two.

Tedious work like that needs a laugh or two. I had a few laughs at their expense.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Seagull and I share a computer and I'm forever forgetting to log him off and then I reply as Seagull. Makes it appear that I have a serious identity problem. Of course, he sometimes responds as me; so some where on ATS there is a reply that Seagull made that got ME called wound too tight; there might be some truth to that.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
oh my, I'm afraid if you were to review my numerous posts, you'll find many instances in which I forgot to type entire words....

You see my brain works way faster than my fingers can type... so I've have had some interesting posts to say the least.... my reply can end up being totally opposite from what I mean to say just because I forgot a certain word.

like I once wrote to someone "I will forget you" when I really meant "I will NOT forget you"

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Thank heavens I'm not the only one who does that. It can definately cause some mis-understandings.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
One time i misplaced a space in between words, and a cusre word came out.

"Friends hit"

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
And way to many times i double post

[edit on 11/8/2007 by TKainZero]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The biggest personal blooper I have ever done follows...

I had just started working one day and got a call to a fight in progress. As I arrived, sure enough there were two big guys duking it out in their front yard.

Backup was some distance away and I was on my own. Long story short, I soon became involved in the altercation and end of story was two suspects in the back of my car. Pretty hairy, right? Just wait...

I took them to court and after seeing my black eye, torn shirt and overall "beaten up" look, the Judge placed them on a 10K cash bond, so off to the jail we went....

As I got to the jail, I got out of my car and reached for my pistol to place it in the trunk of my car...(Can't carry in the jail)... and I discovered....

That's right...

I had left my pistol in my locker back at the station when I was getting dressed in my uniform...

Needless to say, I felt an icy chill up my spine when I thought of all that could have went wrong and me unarmed...

Never forgot my pistol again...

Semper

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Semper,

That story gave me chills. I'll just bet you never forgot you weapon again. Wow there really isn't much more to say.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
GH,

Get any cop to answer you honestly and you will find they have all forgotten their weapon at one time or another...

Had one friend that was busted from Sgt. to Ptlm. when he left his weapon on the top of his car and drove off.. Found the gun later after a truck or two drove over it...

(No I have no idea why his gun was on the top of his car.. LOL)

And you are 100% correct, never again...

Semper

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
He left his gun on top of his car? Oh my that is a huge blooper. I've forgotten to turn my radio on til over half way through my shift while I was working units. I couldn't figure out why it was so quite during tier checks. Good thing I didn't need to call for help.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well of course I don't agree with everything John Lear posts. He's got a point of view that's way outside the mainstream. That doesn't mean I don't think he's got some interesting observations.

Wait... am I in the right thread?

new topics

top topics

join