It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aqua Dots - So fun, they can KILL your child!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Aqua Dots - So fun, they can KILL your child!

www.cbsnews.com

(CBS/CPSC)Today we had yet another recall of toys that our kids are playing with, and frankly, it’s getting outrageous. My kids played with Aqua Dots, a hot toy over the summer. Now, it turns out that these popular toys, which were advertised on TV and can be found at most stores, can be harmful to children. The Consumer Product Safety Commission has pulled the toy from store shelves after receiving two reports of children swallowing the beads and becoming unconscious.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/8/07 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I do not know how to work everyting on here, like adding videos or news snippets...I just wanted to talk about news I heard late last night before I went to bed. About a toy that you can get almost anywhere, I still have the ad from Toys-r-us in my home.
This toy called \\\"Aqua Dots\\\" uses small balls of different colors inserted into a pegboard type of thing to make dot matrix type pictures, which you then spray with a little water..making the picture harden and removable to play with or display.
If a child swallows one of these colored balls...the ball undergoes a chemical reaction turning the ball into GHB!...also known as the \\\"date rape\\\" drug.

Now I would like to know how this is possible...how could this toy have been approved to be sold to millions of small children who love to put small toys into their mouths?

If anyone with better skills with this site wants to look into this and put news articles about this..please do!...I think parents all over the world need to know about this incredible new hazard to their children.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It turns out that I am not that bad at this after all...I just didn't know how this would look after I posted it....yay for me

Anyway....what does everyone think about this?....I almost bought this toy for my two little girls...thank god that I did not!

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Check out this link, there is already a thread on it I believe. Although I think it's from a different country source.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
as pointed out above, already being discussed.

Australian"Toy of the Year" a Real Knock-out With The Kids

thread closed

[edit on 11-8-2007 by worldwatcher]

top topics

join