It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All about me, for YOU!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hi everybody
Very new to this site, but familiar with much of the information Ive come across so far, and very interested in what I havent.

Who I am and my motivation for being here:
My name is Aaron, and I am in my mid-twenties. Im currently a resident of Northern California, but have lived throughout the south eastern US and much of the north western.
I recently spent over 3 years living in a small Tibetan Buddhist community in N. California. Before that I was attending college, raves, and hospitals in N. Florida. Before that, I was coming to terms with my sexuality in a private Arkansas Christian high school. And before even that, I was an awkward disoriented kid who changed schools every year and drew pictures through all his classes.

I learned at a very early age that ones perspective is far from infallible, and that things are not as they seem.

Today, ive settled down in a little house with my partner, and I work at one of the few jobs available in our town of 600 or so residents. I am learning why people are dissatisfied with the economy and the distribution of wealth in this country and around the world, and how skewed the average persons attempts to hold on to happiness are when they work like robots until their death in an attempt to become some kind of uber-consumer.

I feel an almost overwhelming need to be involved with something meaningful in the outer world, as I am in my own inner world. I am not one easily satisfied by working within the framework we have set up for us to alleviate this need. Donating money to starving children is all good, but I am more interested in changing the beliefs we hold that are causing poverty. I am looking to find those working for ultimate harmony, and for the well-being of this planet, and for the ability of every person on this planet to be allowed to explore themselves and try to understand their full potential, and what brings them happiness.

Thanks for giving me a spot to try to pin myself down, now back to the forums!

-ATF

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

A very nice intro as well

I hope to see your input on the board soon.

To help you out in the beginning, hit the FAQ button^^^^^^

On the toolbar above, it takes you to the ATS handbook and helps to answer questions new and old members have when cruising the boards!

You may also want to hit the Freshman Forum for lots of other topics of concern.

Once again

WELCOME !!!

[edit on 11/8/2007 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I think you will enjoy interacting with other members.

Looking forward to seeing your future posts.

Marilyn

new topics

join