It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need good sci fi story to do repot on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Help!!

I'm not a sci fi person but I took the class, I know nothing about it.

If anyone knows awesome stories I could do a book report on u2u me... or post here, whatev.

Thanks in advance!

FI Due feb 17

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
You didnt say if it was movie or book but any way "Dune" is allways good it is arguably one of the finest sci-fi books ever wrote.

If you are looking for something a little different and bound to be noticed anything in the "Gor" series, its about a planet of giant bird riding warriors and female pleasure slaves, like I said different.

Another good one is "Titan" series I can not remember the authers name but its about the plant Titan being a huge inclosed world ruled by an insane computer.

Aruther C. Clarks 2001 is good and also "Childhoods End" by the same auther.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Whoops

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
"Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?" By Philip K. Dick

This is the book the movie "Blade Runner" was based on. It's bears little resemblence to the movie though. It's a good book and has alot of social comentary.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Short book (or long short story) about a guy on Mars I think, but anyway that buys these ant like creatures for his collection, and raises them to worship him as God... he starts wars and stuff.

I loved the story, read 20 years ago, but was wondering if anyone knows the name or author? It would be good to do a report on.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It is for a "book" report.

I need a book...

Any suggestions?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
See if your library has The Floating Island.

Futuristic city in the sky crime and morality story.

Or the book that Dark City (the movie) is based on.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks for all your help...

I went to waldenbook's today and got fahrenheit 451.

It's supposed to be a really "good'" book.

Short read but nonetheless intriguing.

So far i've read two pages, haha, but still, for anyone who wants to read a book about an insane world which bears many alarming resemblances to ours, pick it up!

Off I go to do some heavy reading.

Thanks again,

TL

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
You've always got "The Foundation" trilogy by Isaac Asimov. The problem is that it's pretty much to read, maybe not ideal for a review.

Another good, but long read is "The Hitch Hikers guide to the galaxy" by Douglas Adams. Don't know if you can call it a true sci-fi book, still the most funny book I out there.

top topics

join