It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sounds of Saturn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Here is a very interesting curiosity I stumbled upon at Space.com.

NASA/JPL have recorded some naturally occuring radio frequency emissions from Saturn. When the frequency is downshifted to a range detectable by our ears, and the recording is sped up, this is what it sounds like...

Sounds of Saturn

Now listen to this sample of music from the 1950's science fiction classic "Forbidden Planet". Listen to the whole thing, its only 5 minutes long. Some sections sound almost identical to the Saturn recordings..
Amazing.

Forbidden Planet Score

Space.com article

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Wow, thats pretty cool. Sounds funky but very eerie. Its doing funny things to my ears as well lol cant listen to the Forbidden Planet sound track as its on youtube =[

I wonder how earth and the sun sound like

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
wow that is pretty frickin scary sounds coming from saturn. and thats also weird that a science fiction movie has the same sounds and it was ma de 50 years ago..

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'd wager a lot of natural radio sources sound somewhat like Forbidden Planet stuff. Though you can't rule out that someone was "listening" to Saturn at that early date and not sharing his/her findings except with Hollywood execs.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
That was really good. Loved it.

I wish we had sound with our avatars, because that would go so well with mine.

These are the little treasures that come to ATS that make some of the really dumb posts worth wading through. (You all know the threads I mean.
)

Great find darkbluesky.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapturas
I wonder how earth and the sun sound like

To answer that, pretty cool. You can hear it, and many other amazing things, for yourself at spacesounds

new topics

top topics

join