It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of an empire?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I just red this article on the website Counterpunch, a great site that i'm sure many of you are aware of.
www.counterpunch.com...

In this article the author summarises the inniment collapse of the American economy and thus the American empire. Is it really that bad? The dollar is pretty much done for, and could soon be dropped as the reserve curreny, imagine what that would do.

If it is really this bad why doesn't anyone in congress support the impeachment of this current president and his Vice? Are they just not aware of how bad things are, are they not being told, or is the state of the American economy being overegged?

I for one am not a fan of American foreign policy or their offshoring of American jobs ( Just as i am not happy with my government's activities in this area the Uk). I don't want to see America fall as it would no doubt lead to the British fall. But what can be done to stop this seemingly inevitable fall?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Do you think it's just this presidents fault? I'm afraid you'd have to go back to 1913 and the federal reserve act under the traitorous democratic president Woodrow Wilson to start laying the blame. Since then they've run a ponzi scheme at the fed, printing more dollars and then convincing the world to use them, by force if necessary. A lot of the IMF loans and what not were designed to default. US engineering firms got paid off and they got paid in natural resources as a collateral. Thus the paper dollar was viewed as a scam from the beginning of the federal reserve. Now think about this. The US dollar has depreciated by some 50% or so over the last year. That my friends is a 50% tax increase. The revolutionary war started over a 3% tax. How do you like that?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So your saying the more inflated the dollar gets, the more taxes will be coming outta my paycheck? Ya know, being a minimum wage worker, it really puts a dent in things when 120 dollars is taken out of my paycheck of only 400something, leaving me with barely 300 dollars every two weeks. Leaving me with basically two days I worked my ass off for nothing. I don't work to pay the government's bills.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
But what can be done to stop this seemingly inevitable fall?

The answer is very simple. War!

History has shown that economies do just fine in times of war. The important thing to realise is that wealth doesn't get lost, it just changes hands. Capitalism continues regardless in times of war. Ask Halliburton, they know what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The dark clouds of economic catastrophe seem to be approaching . For all your guns, an enemy that not one bullet can be fired at :

A Pearl Harbour without War

[I]The dollar crisis has politicians alarmed worldwide. The US currency has lost 24 percent of its value since the introduction of the euro, and now there is even a chance that China could abandon its policy of pegging its currency to the dollar -- a problem the United States should take very seriously.

The most important country in the world for the United States isn't Great Britain, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Russia or Iraq. China holds that dubious distinction, because it is also the country the US can least do without. Without its willingness to buy an almost unlimited supply of US treasury bonds, there would be no American spending miracle. Without a spending miracle there would be no economic growth. In other words, without China the US superpower would lose a significant share of its economic clout.

So far Beijing has behaved like the benevolent shopkeeper who willingly extends credit to his customers. The Americans receive shipments of Chinese-made television sets, toys and underwear, but the Chinese do not import a comparable volume of US goods. The gap between buying and selling amounts to about $5 billion every week.

The Chinese are satisfied with buying US treasury bonds, partly to keep their most important customer afloat. The central bank in Beijing already holds currency reserves of $1.4 trillion.

The Chinese have looked on with great patience as their best customer has gradually lost its ability to supply goods.

But the men in power in Beijing cannot be indifferent to the dollar's decline. It devalues their central bank's dollar reserves, the monetary embodiment of some of the fruits of China's export machine.[/I]

cont : www.spiegel.de...

It is not like you can bomb them to wipe out your debt and solve the problem, you need the chinese to carry on buying your bonds , so nuke option is out for the bush pursuaded elements.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
USA are on the verge of what happened to every empire, - fall after rise. It's formalized through war outside and ouroboros syndroma inside.

Dictatorship or police-state is another option, still not yet totally given in by the current power, at least for what it still claims to be.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I dont believe the USA will collapse, and I dont know if you can call USA an empire, can you? Maybe I dont know..... All I know is I sure hope it doesnt collapse or I'll be off to Czech Repub

[edit on 11/13/2007 by racerzeke]

[edit on 11/13/2007 by racerzeke]

top topics

join