It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flag Springs Conservation Area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
A friend of my husbands stopped by today and saw that I was busy on ATS. Once he saw the site content, he just sat down and said, "Aw man you wouldnt believe what I've seen in my life time." I said "Try me". So he proceeds to tell me about 2 very interesting stories that relate to what we here find most interesting indeed.

He told me about an area that he has been going to since he was 16 years old, he is now 35.

The area is called Flag Springs Conservation area. It was formally known as Hidden Acres.

The story begins back in 1989 when he was about 16 years old. He and his buddies used ot go to this open area in the middle of the woods accesible only by 4 wheel drive and then foot.

There is an area that is approximately 60x80 ft., in a symetrical circle.
No grass has ever grown there and he has been going to this same spot up until his last visit in 2001.

On many occassions, he and his buddies would see lights at the levels of the trees coming in from the north when they would be out there coon hunting or just hanging out. The lights seemed to be twinkling and appeared more filtered and shimmering. They would always stop short of the distant forrested area to the north. At some point the lights would simply dissapear.

They all knew that it was most likely UFO related as their hair would stand on end and there was never any sound attached to the sightings.

Noone ever felt any bad energy from the area or from the sightings, as a matter of fact he states that although the area had a certain pull to those that chose to go out there. He said that there were plenty of other places that they could have gone but this place was just so amazing that it was where they eneded up going.

The people would attempt to start fires in the center of the circle and at times it was impossible. On several occassions they would even dowse gasoline on dry wood and still the fires would not light.

The main experience that he had is as follow's:

Taking his girl up to the 'circle' one night, he pulled into the area where they park and kept the truck running as it was cold and they wanted to hear some music as they sat there.

From off in the distance they see a large group of lights shimmering towards them and at that point the truck dies and the windshield wipers start waving frantically , the lights stat blinking uncontrolably. The radio goes static and the controls are of no use.

The next thing they recall is sitting in the truck, 4 days later.

The physical effects were as follows:

Missing time.
Headaches
He was unable to eat as his throat was extremely sensitive and raw.
They both discovered scoop marks on the out side of their knees. That still exist to this day. Both have the exact same mark in the exact same area.
They both develpoped extreme light sensitivity and enlarged pupils.

All these effects still follow them both.

He under went Hypnosis one year later after several experiences where he would have flash type memories of a white room, he states so clean it was almost as if it was metalic.

The hypnotherapist told him that while he was under he did describe the same.

He had to leave just now but will check back to see if there will be any responses to his experience.

I told him that there could very well be people on ATS that will be familiar with Hidden Acres and he said "Well then they will verify what I am saying to be true because down there it is common knowledge, its just people dont talk about it." He also told me that he learned at a very early on to keep the experience to himself his family and only his closest friends. He stated that people are just not ready to find out about things like this.

He has shown some anxiety while discussing the experience but other wise is quite relaxed and mild mannered.

There is more to his experiences than what I have time to write at this point and it will depend on the level of response as to how far we will go into his story.

Although he is computer literate and has taken general computer classes in the past, he does not own a computer at this time, but once he does I reccommended this site to him and assured him that he will mix very well with the members.

The area that we are speaking about is located in the Ozark Mountain area of Missouri, very close to the Arkansas border.

I asked him what he thought the circle was all about and he said its where they land. Although they had never landed while there were witnesses to his knowledge.

www.trailresources.com...

[edit on 8-11-2007 by antar]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I asked him what he thought the circle was all about and he said its where they land. Although they had never landed while there were witnesses to his knowledge.

Well I guess they did land the night that he "disappeared"

An interesting story, but lacking in detail at the moment. If he in fact does have more information or recall of that night then of course posting it would be appreciated.

I'll try have a look for the area on Google Earth. Do you think it would be visible?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Good point I hope you find something. He told me that it was in a still undeveloped part of the forest. I asked him if he would mind if I took pictures of the scoop marks on his leg and he agreed. Also said that he would be going down to see his Mom soon for the holidays and would take some pictures of the circle. I would like for him to get some energy readings as well. He is very open to the thought of sharing with our community and said call him if there is any interest or questions. Yes he did give a little more detail and I wrote the thread while he was here but outside chopping wood for me. When I read it back to him and showed him how it looks on the forum he added that he had seen the landing several times and so had a lot of other people. One more thing about this guy he is very bright and has had many experiences in that same area. He told me briefly about an area about 20 miles from the circle where he used to go coon hunting, one night he and his 5 coon hounds came upon an area where his most extreme experience happened. He was driving in his truck following the hounds when he heard in the distance the sounds of his team being torn up by something. First thought was of course Mountain Lion or Bear, but when he approached the area with his KC lights on what he saw stunned and shocked him. He said it was a Sasquatch. The Sasquatch looked like the typical ones you see but way taller. It had one dog in its huge arms and ripped it apart with its hands . He sat motionless in the truck watching the scene in front of him as the Sasquatch fended off the hounds killing all but one that was so destroyed he had to put it down. Needless to say when I showed him the home page he just about jumped out of his skins when he saw the Mythical Beasts section. The Sasquatch disappeared into the cave that my friend had explored many times before. It had an entrance that he described as being 10 ft high and around 12 ft wide. But when you entered the cave it shot straight down about 15 feet. Once inside the cave he said the ceilings were over 30 feet tall.and there was a clean running creek you could drink from running through the middle. Back to the story, he had said that sometime after the Sasquatch went into the cave he set out to help the remaining dog that was whelping and in need of help. Once he arrived to where the fight had been the first thing he noticed was the smell of death, it was putrid and as bad as the scene before him of his , actually his Grandpas team of coon hounds, valued 5k a piece. He picked up a huge handful of the fur or he said more like long hair that was lying on the ground from the mighty efforts of one of the dogs, and picked up all of the remains and headed home. The next day his Grandpa took him to the conservation office and handed them the entire contents of the bag to be analysed( a move they later regretted) and asked the conservation office "What on earth could it have been? Well they took the sample and said they would contact them. Several days go by and no word so they hopped in the truck and went down to the office to get the results in person. When they asked the main man what the results were they said "What results?"They claimed that they had not turned in any samples. The Main man took the Grandpa by the arm and said lets just walk outside for a minute, my friend followed in tail. he told them"Listen walk away from this and just forget the incidence." The Grandpa was livid! His prize winning coons are mutilated and that's the best the conservation has to offer? He told him that if his Grandson says he saw something rip the dogs to shred that it happened, and if he said it was nothing explainable he could take that to the bank. A few weeks passed and he and a group of buddies decided to arm themselves and go down to the caves to look for what ever killed the dogs and get the proof that they needed to validate this Sasquatch sighting. But when they arrived at the entrance to the caves it had been blasted and the cave was sealed shut. Nothing but a hillside and rocky debris. They hiked all around the whole hillside from every angle to see if there was maybe another entrance, but did not find one.

This guy seems to have several stories from the area and perhaps this is one case that we wont be able to debunk in time. I will post more as I find out. Any questions or ideas are welcome.

I think by now enough of you know me well enough to know that I would not put my credibility on the line for a hoax or a lie. I for one am interested in what this may develop into, but only time will tell...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Comatose

According to this, the coordinates are 36 36.384N, 94 03.505W.

antar
It would be interesting if he could take a GPS and give the coordinates for the exact place.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ok do you mean for the circle or for the cave? Or both? And how does he do that? He may know how but I dont... Thanks.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Idea...

What 'if' the reason that the conservation wanted all of this 'activity' to be hush hush was because of the funding that was going into the development of the Hidden Springs? Do the words Hidden Springs make sense with this story? I asked him why it was named hidden springs before he told me the Sasquatch story and he said "That's the name of the river that flows through the area." I think there may have been more than that to the name. See he told me that he had met a very old man that he sat down with and they began to swap stories of their experiences in the area and he said the the story the old man had to tell, even though it was many years before was identical to his. I asked do you mean the circle has always been there? Yes, he told me as far back as any of the oldest locals can recall. They had all experienced the same sightings , but if you go to the town and start asking around , no one will open up. They all remain silent about the activity. I asked him if it was possible that it could have been a dimensional warp where the cave was when he saw the Sasquatch and he defended the cave saying NO it has always been there , until he went back with his friends and found it caved in. It would certainly wreck any moneys from camper, hikers, equestrians and the like if they knew about the legends of the area once known as Hidden Springs... What if, just what if this area lures tourists in and then well abductions happen to them? There is more like I did ask him how he knew it was alien and not black ops, and he said without a doubt, this stuff started LONG before anything like black ops even existed, besides he has a story about them as well and definitely knows the difference.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I make this post with the greatest sadness. The last time Paulie was here he told me his story and I passed it on to you.

3Days ago Paulie stopped by with my ex sister in law and wanted me to find out information on Flag springs conservation area, he asked what ever happened on that site you told my story to? I brushed him off with a wave of my hand and said nothing really it just kind of went away.

I forgot about armaps co-ordinance on this thread! Paulie sat at my comp for the next hour trying to find out information about the area as he planned to take my sister in law there camping and to check out the place that still haunts his memories and to prove to her that it was as strange as he had told her, remember many stories come from there, some never even made it to the forum because I had no 'credible evidence".

Last night Paulie was killed in an accident. He was down near the area, going to see his son, and to visit his Mom who he had not seen in ages.

Driving my sister in laws truck with a trailer on the back as he was going to pick up a car for his daughter (her first) he hit a slick and rainy spot on the road and it sent him flying off, he was ejected and hit his head into a tree.

His Mother was called to come identify the body, and was told she would have to do it by tattoos.

I am closing this thread now, just wanted you to know. And one of the last things Paulie said or did to me was show me his 'birthmark' that he was not born with, the same one in the same spot as his girlfriend he took to the circle still has as well.

I may not have been real crazy about the guy, he was rough and a bit on the wild side, I always thought he was a kind of bad influence on my sister in law, but after a while I realized he was an ok guy.

I am going over later to console her, she is torn to shreds. I am so sorry for her and so sorry Paulie had to die last night. At least he went fast, and was as close to home as he had been in a long time.

Rest in Peace my wild friend.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Sad ending to this story, in all possible ways we look at it.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Wow, this is an old thread, but it was brought to my attention tonight and the most significant part about it is that this is the anniversary of Paulies death, I would have never remembered if it had not been brought to my attention.

Sometime syncronicity is just flooring.

RIP Paulie!

This is a true story. It would be great to hear more about the area.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Wow, this is an old thread, but it was brought to my attention tonight and the most significant part about it is that this is the anniversary of Paulies death, I would have never remembered if it had not been brought to my attention.

Sometime syncronicity is just flooring.

RIP Paulie!

This is a true story. It would be great to hear more about the area.

This is just one of MANY of your GREAT threads antar, I know some think your threads are 'out there', but I for one believe your reports, as I have had experiences myself (although nothing like yours in anyway).

Personally I know nothing of the area, although California is shrouded with ET related stories of bases and such. It is not surprising that this reportedly happened. I am glad you shared this, as it just adds to the credibility of very strange events going on in the American west and southwest..

[edit on 9/1/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 9/1/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thankyou JK08, I kid you not it is just such a coincidence that this thread surfaces tonight, was it intentional? Or is this just more validation of his story being true? I mean, in a paranormal sense what if Paulie somehow steered this thread back up, and on 'this' date?

I for one think it is just chilling. One thing for sure, he knows the truth now in its entirety.

I mean he was in a way on a mission for us here at ATs, to get the evidence I told him he would have to come up with to sway the skeptics.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hello! I ran across this thread looking for local info. I live in the "Hidden Acres" of the Flag Springs Conservation area. I have lived here only 20 years and have not heard of this bald spot or cave...etc.
Very interesting. Would love some more info ...if I find anything, will let you know!

top topics

join