It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lyrical Terrorist' found guilty -- Coming Soon to a State Near You.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

'Lyrical Terrorist' found guilty -- Coming Soon to a State Near You.

news.bbc.co.uk

A 23-year-old who called herself the "Lyrical Terrorist" has become the first woman in the UK to be convicted under the Terrorism Act.

Samina Malik from Southall, west London, has been found guilty at the Old Bailey of owning terrorist manuals.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
How long will it be before one of us is arrested for being a member of a "terrorist" community based on the topics discussed here at ATS?

Based on what has been reported here thusfar, this girl was convicted based on nothing more than her beliefs and what she "might" do.

It's happening in the U.K. so they United States won't be far behind, keep your eyes on the mainstream media.

Jasn

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This is riddiculous, people need to take a chill pill or something,
Imprisoning people for the books they own? That's rubbish,
Something Nazi germany or the Soviet Union would do.
If people don't see anything wrong with this, then they deserve
such treatment. Someone should organise a protest and
demand this person's release. This is maddness.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
madness?? this...is....the united kingdom of america!

but seriously, what do we expect? these things are becoming more frequent because the average joe does nothing about it. to do so would go against the status quo, which is something the collective conciousness is averse to doing.
the "free world" has become disillusioned. we don't believe we have any power to change anything, which is exactly the purpose of these new laws. if we don't think we have any power, we don't. we then become willing slaves, just like they want. so really we are the architects of our own prison.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Photos of some of the books were just shown on Sky news,they were all "jihad bomb making" type books according to Sky.
Not that I trust Sky news...I mean BOOKS?--Its usually net files these days.
These books looked fake to me on the news,but it remains to be seen I guess.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

She sounds like a suicidal, mentally challenged person that should be committed to an insane asylum.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by logicize

Any logical reason you feel she should be committed?

If she deserves the loony bin, perhaps all of us here at ATS do.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If the books are real,then yes.
They had a photo of her on the news too,in her veil.
Maybe she is in an oppressive relationship whereby she is forced to keep and hide these books for a dominant husband/male relative?
Not saying that she must be in such a circumstance just because she was wearing a veil in the photo,but its a possibility I guess.

Its only a hypothesis.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei

How long will it be before one of us is arrested for being a member of a "terrorist" community based on the topics discussed here at ATS?

Good question, I like to think that my identity is being concealed by the internet but I'm almost certain it isn't.

I wonder how long it will be until celebrities and entertainers that speak their minds on sensitive issues. Like the Dixie Chicks or Immortal Technique ect..

As another member pointed out, this IS something I would expect to hear about in Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union. The fact that it's happening in the UK isn't as shocking as it was anticipated but it sure is scary.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Are saying that you have dreams about blowing yourself up along with a lot of other people? If so, then yes, you should probably also be committed. Did you read the story? That's what she said, if you think like that, I would hope you would have yourself committed for your safety and the safety of others.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
From the Independent"

" Malik was arrested in October last year. When her bedroom was searched police found a ringbinder full of documents as well as a bracelet bearing the word "jihad".

They also discovered a sticker on a mirror inside the door, bearing the words "lyrical terrorist".

In one handwritten document found by police, she wrote: "Many opportunities have been given to me but something always holds me back.

"I always sit alone to think and ponder how it would be to unite with the Muslim ummah and to go shoot rocket-launchers, help them load their ammunition, nurse the wounded, and what the atmosphere would be like.

"I wonder what it will be like to be with the Muslims when a mischief kaffir is shot dead ... how it will be when we see our Muslim brothers and sisters go forth with swords in their hands, running towards blessed death with the look of 'I love death more than life' on their shining faces.

"I wonder how it will be on the front line. Without a doubt it is scary. One must be strong physically and mentally.

"I sit and ponder day after day, night after night. I want to have the death of a shaheed (martyr) ... I want the opportunity to take part in the blessed sacred duty of jihad." "

news.independent.co.uk...

And more from the BBC,who now have a picture of one of the purported book covers:

news.bbc.co.uk...

And:

"Malik had posted her poems on websites under the screen name the "Lyrical Terrorist," prosecutors said. She said the poems were "meaningless", but prosecutor Jonathan Sharp said "These communications strongly indicate Samina Malik was deeply involved with terrorist related groups." Police said they had found a "library" of extreme Islamist literature in her bedroom including "The Al-Qaeda Manual" and "The Mujahideen Poisons Handbook." Malik was bailed under what Judge Peter Beaumont described as "house arrest" until her sentencing on the 6th of December. He warned her that "all sentencing options" remained open to him."

www.khabrein.info...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by logicize

I have some crazy thoughts and dreams amigo.

However, because I dream them and think them doesn't mean I am going to carry them out.

I have a very strong belief that one shouldn't be punished for "thought" crimes.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
you don't really believe the news do you?
I doubt anyone in their right mind would write such
nonsense online, besides, even if, it's just thoughts,
nothing more. Did they find bombs or weapons in her house?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
She's a Muslim, in England, handing out pamphlets containing her poetry that speaks about beheading Americans...

I don't see what's wrong with her arrest. Let her rot in some anonymous prison for all I care.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Arrested for books pertaining to dangerous chemical mixes...
What's next?
Chemistry textbooks being outlawed because they inadvertently teach you how to make a chlorine (yellow gas) bomb?

Or how about banning every single electronics handbook and textbook because they teach you how to make a timer and detonator?

Weapons manuals?

Weapons safety manuals?

Martial arts books?

How far will this go?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The reason I'm opposed to her arrest is because some people have these kinds of books so they have the knowledge to preserve the republic (I'm speaking bout the second American revolution here)

Now, as for her, she should be deported back to the middle east if she ain't happy in a western society. That's all I can say, she can preach her bull# where people give a damn.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernDystopia

I agree with this. She looks and sounds like a suicide bomber in the making.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I am dissapointed in 80% of the posts in this thread.

It's very saddening

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I support freedom of expression more than the average joe but I think here is a clear example of the "line must be drawn somewhere and if you wait until they decide to act then it will be too late". I mean, once someone has a small library of terrorist-related literature and publicly glorifies terrorism, I think it's totally justified to arrest that person.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
you ppl sound like extremists, but not in the sense that your thinking.

The people are at the mercy of the media, just like american media greatly misleads americans into passiveness(letting the govt. do anything), muslim countries are also being mislead. Both americans and muslims end up being the same victims, just at opposite extremes of the spectrum. For americans they are conditioned to do absolutely nothing while american troops and privatized mercenaries commite genocide out of green zones where the media is not allowed to go, and muslims are conditioned to do so much wherein they fit the 'extremists' title.

But too many americans and UK'ers are also extremists, in the sense that you are extremely passive. You are the extreme opposite of these "islamic terroists".

And muslims making car bombs to kill other muslims, these are just oppressed people who believe that their govt. is conspiring with the american govt.
And this fight is greater than the fight where terroists want to bomb americans.

Continue thinking she deserves to be arrested and make no comment on how Blackwater commits Genocide, how innocent people are being killed in iraq where cameras aren't allowed.

Plz.... continue!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join