It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fool says in his heart "there is no God"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
[excuse me... i'd like to know how you know what fool in this context means. are you getting it from your own understanding or the original word used?

Does science understand the meaning of the word context? If you look the word up in the dictionary it looks something like this:

Dictionary.coms version
1.A silly or stupid person; a person who lacks judgment or sense.

American Heritage version
1.One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

so you're getting it from a dictionary definition of the translation...

got any idea what the original greek word means?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Means rutabega!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

So because parts of something can be proven obviously false the parts that can't be proven decisively either way are false due to the parts of information included in the "package" are obviously false, that makes the whole thing false? That falseness is some sort of infectious strange disease?

That a fool can NEVER EVER speak wise words?

I don't know if I even want to wish life was that simple. Actually I am pretty sure I don't want life to be that simple. Simplicity bores me.

[edit on 17-12-2007 by WraothAscendant]

[edit on 17-12-2007 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
GOD by HIS intelligent creation offers up all that is necessary for proof of HIS existance, since when does the creator of everything have to bow down to you, or any other ignorant fool that can be swayed by a simple human book, writing, or philosophy. We were created in the image of our creator, and so we create, imperfectly, most grievous garbage, because being pathetically powerless due to our own choices, and sin, we have turned from GOD, and GOD in HIS wisdom, love, and mercy made a way for us to reconnect with HIM and be forgiven all sin through Christ Jesus. Who can reject so great a sacrifice? Only the fool, I promise you one day you WILL bow before HIM, and you WILL regret what you have lost, and you will remember your own ridiculous words, that condemn you forever, should you choose to continue the path you are on.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
got any idea what the original greek word means?

Well, the original Hebrew word is raca, which means rebel.

To answer your question regarding to Greek:

The word fool as used by the apostle Paul in 1CO 15:36 is taken from the Greek word "Aphron," which means "ignorant-- unbelieving--unwise

A further interpretation is as follows:

In the New Testament we have various words translated "fool," "foolish," "folly," etc., in the ordinary acceptation of these terms; aphron, "mindless," "witless" (Lk 11:40; 12:20; 1 Cor 15:36); aphrosune, "want of mind or wisdom" (2 Cor 11:1; Mk 7:22); anoia, "want of understanding" (2 Tim 3:9); moraino, "to make dull," "foolish" (Rom 1:22; 1 Cor 1:20); moros, "dull," "stupid" (Mt 7:26; 23:17; 25:2; 1 Cor 1:25,27); moria, "foolishness" (1 Cor 1:18, etc.); morologia, "foolish talk" (Eph 5:4). In Mt 5:22 our Lord says: "Whosoever shall say (to his brother), Thou fool (more), shall be in danger of the hell of fire (the Gehenna of fire)." Two explanations of this word are possible: (1) that it is not the vocative of the Greek moros--a word which was applied by Jesus Himself to the Pharisees (Mt 23:17,19), but represents the Hebrew morah, "rebel" applied in Nu 20:10 by Moses to the people, "ye rebels" (for which he was believed to be excluded from the promised land; compare 20:12; hence, we have in the Revised Version, margin "or moreh, a Hebrew expression of condemnation"); or (2) that, as our Lord spake in the Aramaic it is the Greek translation of a word representing the Hebrew nabhal, "vile, or worthless fellow," atheist, etc. (Ps 14:1; 53:1).

www.bible-history.com...;+FOLLY/

Its clear the word has many meanings in terms of its usage and contextual application.

Peace

[edit on 3-10-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blueIII

Of course it's true, it's a highly illogical proclamation. In order for a person to state an affirmative denial that person would need to be omniscient and omnipresent.

Meaning for a man to verify that God doesn't exist anywhere in the universe or in any dimension known or unknown that person would need to be in all places in the universe at the same time, and in all dimensions at the same time to verify this.

The most logical position a man can take is "To the best of my knowledge God doesn't exist."

To make an affirmative denial, is the talk of a fool. No mortal man is omnipresent and omniscient.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join