It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fool says in his heart "there is no God"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The fool says in his heart, “there is no God.” (David in Psalms (ch53))

I have to agree with what David said. No one can say that ‘there is no God/Divine Being/A Spiritual Force (s)’.

Because no one knows of sure. There is nothing that can be shown to say there is not a God/Divine Being or whatever state of being the force is.

So then someone may say that no one can say that ‘there is a God/Divine Being/A Spiritual Force (s)’.

But look at the history of the earth. Every people on the earth have had there own ‘divine being’/‘higher power’.

Something/the being/a force inside us/a visit/God sparked everyone to believe that there was something.

Essentially they all believed in some sort of force. Beliefs have developed through the ages (some into mass religions) and it seems that everyone does/did believe something different. But strip everything away and you are left with: that there is a force.

All the Indian mystics believe in a higher power. We have always had a belief in something. Evolution doesn’t have to deny the existence of a higher power.

In summary: I don’t think anyone can say that ‘there is no God’. Personally I think we should: Love your neighbour as yourself and know there is a higher power.

Just my 2 cents. I’m sorry if I’ve offended anyone.

nb- ive ignored any theories that aliens may be what sparked the beliefs, but even then still know one can say ‘there is no God’.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by blueIII]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I believe everyone knew of the original God long ago, but slowly turned away when they realized their primal instincts had no place in the eyes of God. Cue idols, etc. Make your own God.

By creating your own God, you situate yourself as God. You create the thing that will govern you.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I can say it, I will say it:

As far as the evidence shows, there is no god.

I'm not a fool. I'm just a rational person who doesn't need fairy tales and false hope of a reward in the afterlife to get through this life.

Arrogance, hubris. Calling people fools because they don't believe in your sky fairy is just that.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunctionAs far as the evidence shows, there is no god.
What evidence is this?

Maybe there is no scientific evidence that shows a God/higher power/being exists but that doesnt mean something doesnt exist and that you should say 'there is no God'.

There alot of historic evidence that there is a God/higher power/being though.

All we have to go on is are fore fathers and our own hearts, Science doesnt mean anything in deciding whether there is a powerful force out there or in us or whereever (well not yet).

I respect your view to disagree though.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blueIII

you're repeating a common misconception, the pidhana (completely butchered the spelling and went for phonetics here) people of the amazon have never had a concept of god

anyway, you're repeating a logical fallacy here (ad populum)

and we haven't always have a concept of a higher power. we're not born with one.

so far as the evidence shows, there isn't anything out there that's some sort of "force"
and by evidence i mean the complete lack of anything supporting the assertion that there is

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I was Christian at 13. So christian I carved crosses in my skateboard grip tape... The whole time, I just had this feeling of it being wrong, or unsubstantial enough for me to believe, but I kept on trucking... Finally at 14, I just couldn't take it anymore. As soon as I stopped pretending and went with what feeled right, it was like a weight lifting off my shoulder. It was amazing. That has to tell you something, when your intuition is pushing you out, and your family and some friends are the only ones saying "no, no, it's true, you'll see." To each their own. There's no swaying me. I know exactly where I stand and who I am. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Jesus himself said it would be difficult to follow him. You either ascribe to the way of man, the instinctive intent, or adopt the being that comes with accepting the words of Jesus. Being born again.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

What are the beliefs of the 'pidhana'?

Ive never been sure whether or not we are born (and when we grow up) we have something in our hearts telling us theres something more.

reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Thank you for your story. You may have given up on a religion but that doesnt have to mean that you still cant believe in a higher power. Maybe your Christian experience was a very strick one (though maybe not). As i said before all i think we need to do is love each other and believe in a higher power.

Scholars have written that the belief in God is the narrow path and the unbelief is wide. Matthew - 'Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.'

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The wide gate is religion itself, the narrow gate was Jesus Christ.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
The wide gate is religion itself, the narrow gate was Jesus Christ.
I agree. Religion can be included in the wide gate. The higher power is the narrow gate, which includes Jesus, as He is God or of God.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueIII
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

What are the beliefs of the 'pidhana'?

they're atheists. you die and you're dead.

Ive never been sure whether or not we are born (and when we grow up) we have something in our hearts telling us theres something more.

no, we're INSTILLED with it through our upbringing

reply to post by depth om

um... the way of jesus is actually quite easy. the way of the bible is actually really really hard.... but the jesus parts are relatively easy.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Do you have a link where i could read about them?

-
Has this been proved?

It would be possible that a powerful being could easily plant thoughts in you or send you a thought or idea.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by blueIII

you're repeating a common misconception, the pidhana (completely butchered the spelling and went for phonetics here) people of the amazon have never had a concept of god

Wow, one little sect of people vs. the billions who have believed in a God/afterlife. The odds are stacked against you madness.

P.S. i don't believe your claims about their beliefs.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
To follow Jesus is to refrain from stumbling. It is hard to follow Jesus.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Foolish?

Is it foolish to believe that everything was made by one being?

Is it foolish to believe that he made a dumb rule that his only son had to die for your sins or else you couldn't get into his heaven, he also built in the sky for you, even though he owns the keys?

Is it foolish for an adult to believe in Santa Claus?

UHmmm it is foolish to believe in God when there is nothing but words of ancient mankind to back up this mythical belief. There is no God, there never has been and all of the wishing and praying will not make him real. He is a myth, a lie.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by blueIII

To the people that say "there is no God" with CLARITY and movement.... is the following ...

All God is , is words written on objects of three main objects doing a dance of sand grain(s) detail like how miraculously Iron and Zinc is in a human being's blood streams still walking/alive today with all the militants around from every country.

There... everyone's exorcism especially for "there is no God" people... Sunshine in the Circle of eyes should symbolize/show peace enough.. blame yourselves for non-existant word "negativity" with a CLARITY world of sunshine in the circle of people's eyes regardless of what race and "what people do"...

-- vgl_efnet keeping it short and simple!

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
David knew for a fact, that God is real. He was only trying to help a brother out. He said it out of love, not anger.

It's hard to make people understand how faith leads to the truth.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
THERE IS NO GOD, there I said it. I will not expand on this statement because I cant change the mind of someone that cant comprehend the big picture just like someone cant drag my mind back to the dark ages.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hebrews 3:4 says, " Every house is builded by some man, but the builder and maker of all things is God.

Consider this..... when you look around a city and you find the most magnificent structure you can, its highly unlikely you will ever know or meet the people that designed and built it. The greatest achivements of man pales in comparison to the complexity of the entire universe. Could it be that God is similar?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
"The fool says in his heart 'there is no God'"

No, I believe, "The fool declares truth; the wise person searches for it."

Just because the first statement happened to show up an ancient book of mythology, doesn't make it true. It is incumbent on a person making a claim to offer evidence in support of it. Some of you claim there is a god. I have seen no replicable (something others including me can duplicate) evidence of such existence.

There are many critical thinking fallacies, and we must be careful that we don't choose some of them as a mistaken attempt to offer evidence. For example:

1. "Millions of people believe in god. He must exist."
The error is known as ad populum, "just because many people believe something it must be right." By that standard Christians are wrong and Moslems are right.

2. "Look at the wonderful complexity of the eye. It could not have occurred by itself. God must have made it."
First, that organ developed over many millions of years tiny step by tiny step following the tenets of survival of the fittest. Mutations occur in every species. 90% of them are harmful and the animal dies. 0.99% are neither helpful or harmful so the animal continues. 0.001% of them are advantageous so that animal has a slightly higher chance of procreating and passing on his/her new mutated gene. Over the course of hundreds of millions of years and billions of mutations, the defective ones died off and the ones that improved the animal (made it just a bit more complex) survived. There's no need to introduce some supernatural "god" into the normal process of evolution.

At present I see the concept of a god as meaningless and a waste of my time. If someone can offer intelligent evidence of such a being's existence, I'd be happy to evaluate it.

Occam

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join