It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LUCIFER PROJECT - Regarding The Lear Theory on Alien Populations Within Solar System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
As it has been discussed within this great site,
with greater frequency and fervor in the last few weeks,
there is a scheduled crash by NASA of a satellite/spacecraft
presently in orbit around SATURN.

As everyone probably knows, they are going to crash the thing into SATURN,
and some here, and elsewhere, predict a nuclear explosion and the birth
of a new sun, on appropriately, Sunday.

Now... this thread is not about whether that will actually come to pass-
we will find out in a few days about that part...

What this thread is about is the following question:

John Lear think every planet in the solar system is inhabited
by millions of aliens- and Jupiter is no exception.

Although I would love to see proof about this idea,
I must admit that I personally WANT to believe it, and
I suppose I believe it partially, but that is neither here nor there.

MY QUESTION FOR Dear Mr LEAR or any of the Theory's adherents...

Won't the explosion of this craft into the surface of Jupiter sort of upset
a lot of people down there- if there is indeed living aliens down there?

Won't it just really screw up the morning rush hour, even for flying saucers?

SERIOUSLY- if there is life on SATURN, how would it be affected by this
potentially cataclysmic event?

Thanks in advance for trying to shed light on this topic.

TPM / HDF

[edit on 8-11-2007 by HighDefinitionFilms]

[edit on 8-11-2007 by HighDefinitionFilms]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
dude, what the heck is wrong with your post? your thingie extends WAY down the page

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Mods - Apologies in advance for the short post

OMG, please please please trim your posts

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well, for starters, there is no life on Jupiter. Period.

Lears theory about the Sun being an electromagnetic ball that interacts with planets therefore heating them has no basis in scientific fact and holds no truth except in his own mind.

And I guess that if there were life on Jupiter, then a tiny little piece of metal crashing onto the surface would go unnoticed and be no big deal. If a satellite crashed down onto Earth right now it wont cause much damage or maybe put a hole in the ground so whats the big deal about one crashing into a planet so much more massive than Earth?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Wow, I guess I've been away from ATS for a few days and had no idea that NASA plans to crash something into Jupiter on Sunday. I don't see why they would do such a thing. Turn Jupiter into a SUN?? How would that affect our planet?

I've heard this over and over in theory that Jupiter was suppose to be a Sun, but failed.

This will be interesting to hear the feedback of others.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Jupiter does not contain enough gravitationl mass to become a stable sun. The gravity field is too weak to produce the compression and heat needed to sustain a steady burning of its gases. The sun works like a giant diesel engine. The gases in the cylinders get compressed and super heated until the explode, which generates the power for the engine. Jupiters gravity does not offer the compression needed to sustain and cascade the nuclear reactions necessary to ignite it. Even a nuclear explosion on the surface would just blow up and then extinguish because it cannot be cascaded.

By the way, this has already been discussed here
www.pagewash.com...:/=2fjjj.nobirgbcfrperg.pbz/sbehz/guernq121018/ct1

sorry for the proxy link..hope it works. Have to go through proxy at work.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by deadangel23]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think you’ll find The Lucifer Project relates to SATURN not Jupiter. The Cassini spacecraft is currently orbiting Saturn, but is likely to be sent into Saturn July of 2008.

Galileo impacted on Jupiter. Galileo, entered into Jupiter near its equator very close to where the “mystery spot” later developed. It is possible that if the explosion were larger or deeper, Jupiter could have reached ignition. The fact remains that a very suspicious bruise appeared on Jupiter 28 days after Galileo made its plunge there.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If this theory of igniting Jupiter is right, why and to what end would we be doing so? Does our solar system need another sun?
And who the heck said we could start playing god with neighbouring planets!

If Mr Lear is correct and there is indeed life on each of our planetary neighbours (also, I believe Carl Sagan hypothesized about the possibility of cloud dwelling gas creautures and huge, soaring predators in Jupiter's atmosphere), would it not make sense that we have been looking out for any viable sign of highly technologically advanced life on Jupiter, via satellites etc., before we crash another probe into it?

If that's the case, then it's blatantly clear we didn't. And if there were signs of civilisation then perhaps it was of a type we have yet to fathom, or conversely, if they were of a more recognisable type, then they are at a point in their advancement where they couldn't object or retalliate at us for dropping a couple of tons of scientific machinery on to them!

But when you think about it, what would be the point of supplying the Jovians with a real-life UFO, complete with traceable trajectory, technology way and above anything they have and which they could probably back engineer...

Hang on, that sounds like Roswell...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This will mean war!!!! Total solar system-wide conflagaration!!

Take cover!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Uhm so what happened when that string of meteor's hit it a while back? Nothing. And they were a lot more powerful than some puny Nasa satellite.

Originally posted by HighDefinitionFilms

As it has been discussed within this great site,
with greater frequency and fervor in the last few weeks,
there is a scheduled crash by NASA of a satellite/spacecraft
presently in orbit around Jupiter.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by smartie

The fact remains that a very suspicious bruise appeared on Jupiter 28 days after Galileo made its plunge there.

So thats where the movie 28 days later and its sequel 28 weeks happened. Those poor jupiterians. Guess that beautiful little third planet from the sun isn't a nice place after all. Earth, the friendliest place in the galaxy.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I stand corrected-

the craft is going to impact Saturn, not Jupiter...

The same question holds, however-

Lear thinks there is a population on EVERY planet-
so... how will the Saturians react to this impact-
if they, as a people, exist... as John asserts?

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
You have to take EVERYTHING John says as fiction - he just loves the attention we give him.

Its best to think for yourself and not become one of his flock.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
there is a video on youtube i saw awhile ago, on this very subject.....

lucifer 2000

youtube.com... 6 parts

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
chemistry people,

there is not enough oxygen in the atmosphere to create and chain reaction of combustion.

the heat would simply vaporise the atmosphere in the locality of the explosion.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by wierdalienshiznit]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jainatorres
Uhm so what happened when that string of meteor's hit it a while back? Nothing. And they were a lot more powerful than some puny Nasa satellite.

If I recall correctly, the fear isn't the satellite's explosion itself. The fear comes from the satellite holding an amount of plutonium.

Some think that the intense pressure of Saturn or Jupiter's atmosphere would be enough to cause a nuclear explosion with this plutonium, triggering a fusion reaction in the planet's atmostphere.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Comatose

Originally posted by jainatorres

If I recall correctly, the fear isn't the satellite's explosion itself. The fear comes from the satellite holding an amount of plutonium.

Some think that the intense pressure of Saturn or Jupiter's atmosphere would be enough to cause a nuclear explosion with this plutonium, triggering a fusion reaction in the planet's atmostphere.

if it attained critical mass-
en.wikipedia.org...

it would a fission reaction,and the reaction could not continue beyond the ratio of the amount of plutonium available for the reaction to take place.

in other words,the splitting of the plutonium atom,which releases neutrons to split further atoms is only possible inside the plutonium core,not in the atmosphere.

the fission chain reaction looses energy and dissipates no matter what its environment.

the pressures and temperatures under which hydrogen atoms are immolated together into a fusion reaction are astronomical....

....it takes the immense gravitational pressure of a cloud of hydrogen atoms many light years across,colliding and coalescing endlessly to create a heat intense enough to cause a fusion reaction!

thermonuclear weapons use a different kind of fusion,they fuse atoms of the very heavy/dense elements used in the core,it doesnt fuse the atoms of lighter elements such as atmospheric gasses pre,mid or post detonation.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Comatose

People who think that are ignorant. Plain and simple. I could go into reasons why nothing will happen, but it would part their thinning hair....and they want to believe otherwise anyway. Nothing common sense, reason and logic can do to help those people. This website would be dead if we always went into the very complicated, scientific and verifiable reasons why there is nothing nefarious about this action. Nobody wants to read that crap, they would be bored after the first few posts then quickly try to find another board that talks about lizards and planet X. The point is, people find dumb things like the Lucifer project too entertaining to give up. Plus, it plays into their "fight the man" mentality and the fact they were raised by Hollywood writers and not real parents.

Along with every other stupid story put forth and born on the internet from ignorance, I can't wait until it comes to pass and nothing happens. Sad thing though, they wont learn from it, they will never bother to look into why they were wrong, their mental problems will just propel them to the next ignorant story they find that strikes a chord with them and they will take up that cause.

If I were a fool and knew next to nothing about science, planetary physics, math, common sense, reason and logic I would not try to peg anything as outlandish as Saturn or Jupiter turning into a man made sun during my life time. That way, I could never be wrong, lol. But that is a sane person thinking, so I have no idea what goes on in their minds.

And some may argue this point, tell me I'm being mean, or am too close minded to see the "truth". But reality is what it is, and I'm right and their wrong. The odds are in my favor that they will be wrong on this, and every other thing they believe in as well.

As far as Lear goes.....read his forum. His is TORE apart by even a simple investigation concerning any of his "look at me, i need attention" stories. Sadly, he is rewarded for breaking the T&C on a regular basis because he is working in a for-profit business. You can't deny ignorance when your looking for a profit, plain and simple. Ignorance rules in today's modern society, and there is no lack of people that will capitalize on it for whatever reason they think they need to. John Lear is WRONG about (almost) all of his stories. A glance at the button at the top for "hot topics" will show on or two darn near every day for Lear's forum. Think they want to mess with that? They claim it is too insignificant to bother trying to correctly moderate and review, but it does deliver the hits, lol. And not enough to pay the bills, but you know people might come here and see Lear's stuff, then browse, join up and start clicking away. The true impact of complete ignorance on this site can't be calculated financially, but the damage it does to this hobby can't be calculated either, lol.

John Lear has a complete lack of understanding about science, and the space program...but that does not get in the way of his story telling. Off the top of my head I could pick out a dozen things he has put forth, claiming they are indeed true, when even a google search turns up hundreds of links to the contrary. John should google stuff before he makes things up. He might be able to hold water then. Like when he insisted that they could use the Hubble to look at you on Earth, lol. Sad though, not many people know why that can't be true, so they think "well, that makes sense, I mean it's a big telescope so I'm sure they could" and that's that. Things are more complicated than that in the real world, but more boring too. So, people like John Lear get hoisted into the limelight by pure IGNORANCE of the people supporting them (even partially, there is no half-way with these people)

People often wonder why UFO's and Aliens are not taken seriously by mainstream...do we really need to answer that question?

[edit on 9-11-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

top topics

join