It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is money an issue in relationships…?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I just finished watching the movie ‘knocked up’ and a question came to mind……..

Poor, rich, does money matter?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yes and No.

Money matters to some people. If you can't provide for a family, you shouldn't start one. I don't mean you need to be rich, just that you need to be able to pay your bills and have a decent home that suits your needs. Don't live in a one bedroom apartment if you have a child. Some people can make it work, but it is hard to get any privacy or sleep.

Now I'm just rambling on......... will post again later when I can make more sense.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Havent seen the movie. I think it depends on who you are and what point of life you are at. To some people it is all that matters. To me, it does not matter , i live comfortably with in my means and am more bonded to my relationships then to money.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
All I can tell you is no one will ever touch my money but me ever again. So i guess that would mean for me that yes money odes matter if I don't think the woman i am seeing has a good handle on her financial situation she is hitting the curb real quick like.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Money dosen't matter until you don't have any. Then it matters a lot.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The answer to the question in the opening post of this thread is that money cant buy you happiness but it sure does make like a hell of a lot easier . Both partners in a relationship should have there own source of income to avoid conflict.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Money is often the number one cause of discord in a relationship, for a number of reasons. Perhaps one partner feels the other is using him/her for money, or one person isn't pulling their weight or just the plain fact that income is tight and they don't know how they are going to pay the bills while they straighten things out.

It's hard to relax and focus on the romantic part of a relationship when money is tight and bills are piling up. Yes a relationship is about love but the truth is, you can't make a home and raise a family without money. So in that aspect, a relationship isn't just about love, a relationship is also a business.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
thanks for the replies so far....

My family is fairly wealthy, if I ever need money, I just ask for it and I get it……..but how do I know some girl ain’t gonna be a gold digger…

I’m only 18, but when I get into my thirties, am I going to be doomed to be only be surrounded by women interested in financial security?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well, maybe you should look for a woman that is also financially secure.
That way money/golddigging won't be an issue.

At 18, I can't believe that this kind of subject should be a real concern.

Enjoy life! Life is short, because when you are dead; you are dead for a long time.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Money is an issue in every relationship (friends, family, partners). I am no longer friends with some people i used to hang out with only a couple of years ago because now their idea of fun is dropping 1000 dollars a night in the hamptons or taking weekend vacations to vegas every other week.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There are many gold diggers..true. If you are a smart boy, you will be able to weed out the gold diggers from the good girls by taking it slow and getting to know them, no matter what their financial status is. However if you don't trust yourself and have a tendency to fall for the femme fatales who know how to gold dig a man for all he is worth, then yes, it may be best to stick with women who are already taking care of themselves financially. However, even those ladies can be gold diggers too.

Another piece of advice, don't be the kind of guy with money that goes around flaunting it and bragging about it. That is a sure way to attract gold diggers. Be a bit humble.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
A saying where I come from "when the money goes outta the window,
love goes outta the door"

Im not bitter... lol

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
[edit on 13-11-2007 by callmedave]

top topics

join