It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Die and you're under arrest! Britain's most stupid laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Die and you're under arrest! Britain's most stupid laws

uk.news.yahoo.com

Queen Elizabeth II's speech in the parliament Tuesday may have been routine but at least nobody got bored to death. That would have been against the law.

Dying in parliament is an offence and is also by far the most absurd law in Britain,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Another batch of Ye olde laws still on the law books of Britain, I wonder how many other strange laws are there in the USA as well as the UK that may sound as daft as a bald hedgehog but are they really? are any of these laws left for a reason?

I ask ATS members to share any strange laws they have come across anywhere, At least have a read of these top 10 stupid British laws and have yourself a chuckle.

Mince pies cannot be eaten on Christmas day,( Im glad i dont like mince pies) Another law which almost caused me to choke im sure there are hundreds of these laws out there i wonder what brought about these laws in the first place?

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/11/2007 by azzllin]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
they are so funny some of them. Wasn't there one about if you bring a circus elephant to town you have to tie it to a lamp post otherwise it's an offence xD

Dumb laws

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Good thread Azz!

Its also illegal to commit suicide in the UK!

(that'll stop 'em! :lol

And I remember in some criminal justice bill in the past a law that makes it illegal for any group of more than 3 people to be in the same place...
They don't enforce it though thank god.

I mean if they did then the cops would be breaking the law,and so would every family,school etc..hehe

I'll leave it up to US members to illustrate some of the multitude of crazy US laws.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
To be honest some of the "dumb" laws from back home aren't that dumb, however there are a few that makes me giggle:

When driving, you must have someone in front of your car with a flag to warn horse drawn carriages that a motorcar is coming.

"Doh! Shouldn't have bought this f...... sportscar!!"

Attempt to escape from prison is not illegal, however, if one he is caught he is required to serve out the remainder of his term.

hehe, that's really harsh! xD

There is a penalty of 20kr for not reporting when a person has died.

20 kr. = 2 pounds, 4 dollars (at current rate, muhaha ;P) or 3 euros

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Why is this in breaking news?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I have visions of tropical fish stores becoming really popular at one time, and what a sight it must have been to see a whale carcass being dumped in front of Balmoral castle.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Why is this in breaking news?

It is here in breaking news because it was in the headlines on yahoo news which i think qualifies it? im sorry if your upset about it im sure if the moderators agree with you they will move it? why not comment with a related post?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
To be honest some of the "dumb" laws from back home aren't that dumb, however there are a few that makes me giggle:

When driving, you must have someone in front of your car with a flag to warn horse drawn carriages that a motorcar is coming.

"Doh! Shouldn't have bought this f...... sportscar!!"

That law is not dumb. That is a long forgotten law, it was a law back in the days when the first motor cars were invented. These tended to explode (the engine, i.e), as the system was highly unstable. That is why owners had to hire a boy with a red flag (who, btw, got paid really well for the risk taken) to warn everyone that a motor car, which is likely to explode at any moment, is coming.

new topics

top topics

join