It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reagan Library missing 80% of artifacts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Just listening to the news, and heard this.

The audit found that the Reagan library was unable to properly account for more than 80,000 artifacts out of its collection of some 100,000 such items, and "may have experienced loss or pilferage the scope of which will likely never be known."
LA Times article

Fox News just reported this is going on at Presidential libraries all over the country.

80% is a lot to just go unnoticed. Could this be an attempt to remove "certain articles" of history. Say, stuff with symbols, photographs, documents, etc.?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
According to the article one of the staffers could be behind some of the thefts, though I doubt that this person hauled off all the missing items.

Reading through the piece also reveals that this place was run by incompetents.

Having been involved with inventories associated with my work experiences, I cannot believe that 80% of the items are unaccounted for.

That is ridiculous, maybe 2-3%, usually associated with paperwork but 80%, heads would roll, careers lost, immediately!

The entire staff should be canned, the library closed until they get a crew in there who can handle the job.

Unbelievable.

As far as your conspiracy angle on the thefts.

Anything is possible, 80% missing?

Time to check eBay for some Reagan memorabilia, it wouldn't surprise me to see if some have been sold there.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
They're new age religious relics to Republicans. No doubt George has most of the missing artifacts stashed in the bunker under the Whitehouse and plans to make his last stand there with Condi and his dog, Barney.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I seem to remember reading that when George W. took office, he "sealed" the records for every administration that a member of his inner circle had contact with - I remember reading about it on an academic forum of some kind, probably historical: the outrage was that it would have kept a huge amount of the Regan and Bush Sr. library archives out of public view for a generation or so.

I dunno... first thing that came to mind when i saw the headline, thought I`d throw that out there..

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Time to check eBay for some Reagan memorabilia, it wouldn't surprise me to see if some have been sold there.

In the next couple weeks we'll probably hear about Nancy Reagan and a bunch of armed thugs capping some presidential memorabilia dealer in a Las Vegas hotel room.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Now you mention it, I've heard about that too. A historian from Texas and a good friend of the family, of course, was appointed to be the keeper of the vault for I don't know, 35 years I think, all access restricted through that caretaker.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It appears they have already been monitering e-bay.

ince 2003 the NCH has informally monitored various on-line auction sites for lost, stolen, or missing artifacts and manuscript materials. Last year the NCH actively worked to see legislation enacted (P.L.108-383) that would enable NARA to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with the NCH in order to make a discretionary grant to have the NCH systematically monitor up to 100 internet auction sites for such materials. That proposal was approved by NARA in December 2004 and this year the history coalition received a $20,000 grant by NARA. In late 2005 we launched a program of systematic monitoring of auction sites.
Source

Could it be that Jack Hightower had something to do with this?

Grand Master, Masons of Texas
1975-1985
Member, U. S. House of Representatives, Texas 13th Congressional District
1985-1987
First Assistant Attorney General of Texas
1988-1995
Justice, Supreme Court of Texas
LL.M., University of Virginia
1999-2005
Commissioner, National Commission on Libraries and Information Science. Appointed by President William J. Clinton
2001-2006
􀂃 Chairman of the Board, Scottish Rite Hospital of Texas in Dallas
􀂃 Chairman of the Board, Scottish Rite Education Association of Texas
􀂃 Sovereign Grand Inspector General of the Scottish Rite of Free Masonry of Texas

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Sandy Berger hasn't been doing any research there by chance? One just never knows.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Sandy Berger

Just one in the cast of many shady characters in our Gov right now.

We won't be laughing when we are dealing with stuff like what is going on in Pakistan right now.

The removal of artifacts is disturbing on a couple of levels.

For one, the amounts highly suggest insider help, covering up documents, erasing computer files, etc.

Second of all, if they are trying to hide things about Reagan, what does that say about him? Was he a shady president?

And Gretchen on Fox News said some government agency (can't recall which, there are soo many) stated that this is happening all over the country.

But a Google search doesn't really show anything to this magnitude.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by stompk]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Stuffs all over the internet auction sites. Check it out.

top topics

join