It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien City On Mars? Check This Out!

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by smack9

Safe it to your desktop and then zoom in with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. It is not the brown, sandy looking object portrayed in the original photo. I believe the original is a rendering, with part of the photo left visible as I commented on in an earlier posting. I suggest you download the original and the processed version and study both. Find a particular feature on the processed version, then zoom in on the original. Look closely at the beige, cratered original for faint indications of what you can see clearly on the processed version - showing through the rendering.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by smack9
reply to post by mikesingh

Re: Phobos, see the discussion on another ATS thread: "Phobos May Be An Alien Base: Whitehouse Advisor" at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah! That was my thread I referred you to!!

Re you're post above this one. I'm on it. Let's see what turns up.

The image that ArMaP posted on the previous page doesn't seem to show that 'suspended' object (The right arrow).

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by smack9

It's obvious that it's not the same brown object, you have completely changed the image.

And no, the original photo is not supposed to be a rendering, but a real image made with three photos, one for red, one for green and one for blue.

But if you want the best quality available from Mars Express photos then you need to ignore the colour images, their resolution is not as good as the nadir photos (the ones that have ND on their name).

If you follow this link you can see the image in its full size, converted from the IMG file with NASAView and cropped to 5175x5565 pixels.
(You have to move the mouse over the image and click on the small green triangle that appears and choose "download").

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
The image that ArMaP posted on the previous page doesn't seem to show that 'suspended' object (The right arrow).
And this, the original photo, shows it better.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bee3039a7f4.png[/atsimg]

Why people think that computer rendered 3D images are real photos and that real photos are computer generated?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm afraid I have to agree that this is not showing structures. It is simply colour alterations, as suggested.

Why do I know this? Because if you look closely at the original image, the same patterns continue over the terrain, regardless of incline. You don't build structures on a vertical slope, and especially not ones that appear horizontal

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
While I don't believe this is an ancient civilization, lets say it is. What is the purpose of hiding this from the public? Please explain this to me.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Re Phobos: I posted links to two different processed photos and they came from two different originals. The second or larger of the two processed photos matches the original that is posted in my Photobucket album. The results can be duplicated by downloading a Trial version of Photo Pos Pro, playing with the contrast, viewing the image in Bump Map
format, and colorizing. The results I obtained can be duplicated.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Here is the correct original, the negative view, and the fully processed view of the same photo. If you download each to your desktop you can zoom in and study the features.

i681.photobucket.com...

i681.photobucket.com...

i681.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
time and time again, if you don't understand anything about graphical compression, in particular JPEG compression marks, then please never post images as proof of anything ever.

So bored of seeing people claiming JPEG artefacts are all sorts of far out things, I even saw a website where some guy was basically taking pictures of the royal family then blowing them up, finding edges (makes a real mess of badly compressed images), solarising them and then spending hours analysing the malformed compression marks to prove the royal family were shape shifting lizards.

Utterly mental

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterRegal

The purposes of hiding it from the public are probably numerous. Here are some that come to mind:

Fear and panic on the part of a segment of the popuation.

What may work for a technological, highly educated society may not work for a theocracy rooted in a world view that pre-dates modern science and education.

Strategic considerations IE: Perhaps the same reason the US has refused to cooperate with Russia for moon exploration. If there is advanced technology there, whoever gets it first rules the world.

Or: "If the other guys are ahead of us in getting access to advanced technology....let's nuke them now while we still can."

People jumped out of windows as a result of the 1938 War of the Worlds radio show.

Many literalist / fundamentalist religions would be shaken to their foundations or possibly beyond... Some have said if there was anything there the Bible would have said so.... anything out there must be built by 'demons'.

There are many other possibilities.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by smack9

No one committed suicide as a result of the War of the Worlds broadcast. There was some panic but people believed they were under attack. You can't use that as a model for what would occur if the mere existence of alien intelligence were to be confirmed. What threat is there in an ancient civilization of which only ruins remain (even if it did exist)?

[edit on 4/11/2009 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by smack9

I downloaded the photo at the link. With a bit of contrast and lighting adjustment there is some sort of structure - natural or otherwise in the 'crater' against one wall - and in the area where the seeming object appeared in the photo I posted. It is an odd crater in terms of it's inner contours. Also there is an overlay in areas of this photo that looks like thick cloud - not snow. IE: it looks the same as the cloud-like carpet that is in the Halle crater photo.

Zooming in on the photo reveals that there are many indications of doctoring. There are grids of criss crossing blurry ribbons in areas, that distort some formations, and there are lines of 'snow' that form criss cross grids like pickup-sticks, and appear unnatural. There are areas where a charcoal grey 'fog' blurs certain features - being heavier near the center and fading out as though it were a cloud of soot - or an artist's spray-over. There are some craters that appear rendered. There is small a square 'crater'. Also, we look straight down on one crater that has the light streaming over it from the right. There is a shadow on the floor where it should be, one on the sun exposed wall where it should not be, and a narrow band of white 'snow' across the middle of the crater floor. There are areas where - before one zooms in to the point when pixelation becomes prominent, there are areas that have rows of geometrically complex figures, including the ever present open circle structure with a straight section attached - rather like a 'C'. This photo is a good one but taken from very far out. Thus even though it is of good resolution one is limited in terms of being able to zoom in close enough to make out clearly objects that might for example, have the dimensions of some of the apparent structures seen in other photos.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by smack9

"Some newspapermen of the time asserted that there were suicides and murders because of the broadcast." The claims were never proven and I stand corrected in this regard. However there was considerable fear and panic in some parts of the United States, and many people fled their homes. That was 70 years ago and we have come a long way. But at the time: "It was concluded that, although nothing illegal had gone on, that networks should be more careful with what they broadcast. The networks agreed."

mattstodayinhistory.blogspot.com...

Humanity is very diverse. An announcement of that magnitude would affect people of different cultures, religions, and levels of education very differently. For example, here is someone's interpretation of Islamic scripture on the subject of extra-terrestrials:

“… Actually the Quran says that some of those extraterrestrial creatures will invade earth one day: There is a wormhole right here on Earth that connects Earth with another planet. One day the creatures on that planet will use this wormhole to invade Earth ..." www.speed-light.info...

If a government or agency had information confirming that even in the past there had been a civilization on Mars, they would be well advised to look carefully at how life on our own planet could be expected to react to the news. They have to consider what the global, not just local reactions might be. Personally I think the folks who put up the images we have been discussing are doing a fine job of releasing 'some' information, and employing the 'trickle effect' to begin taking the edge off any future announcement. They could have covered up more than they did. I think the approach taken is both realistic and prudent - though frustrating for some of us.

The ESA site has a 'gatekeeping' aspect it seems. If one's application is accepted, one can register as a "professional" and gain the privilege of downloading higher resolution photos. Is there a qualified person on the thread who has succeeded in registering?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by smack9

As perception is highly subjective opinions will differ. I believe you are referring to cross hatch marks, noise around edges, blurring, a smeared appearance, color distortion, or checkerboard-like blocking. I am referring to systematic 'doctoring' that occurs not randomly but apparently by design, repeatedly juxtaposed with what appear to be artificial structures and features. Some of these '.jpeg artifacts' appear to be connected by roads that traverse terrain in a logical manner, even in some cases with switchbacks - and leading to the next boring .jpeg artifact that someone has attempted to bury in the 'snow'.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
okay jsut to let everyone know
these aren't jpeg compression lines or pixelation anamolies

it doesn't work that way

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I would think it is no threat whatsoever to the folks on this thread. But for folks who have been raised in some cultures and religions it would really sink their belief system. "Demons!" "If there were any other beings the Bible would have told us. That's what our minister told me." People who believe, and think that way are not a majority by any means but they aren't scarce either.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by smack9

Sorry, I got confused with your change of source, I did not noticed that you changed from a Mars Express photo to a Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter one.

First of all, the colour is not right with HiRISE photos, the camera does not have three filters for red, green and blue, so they make the colour images with the images from the red, the green+blue channel as the green and a "synthetic blue" made with a mix of the green+blue channel and the red channel; they call those images RGB.

The image you used is a IRB image, made with the infrared channel as red, the red as green and the green+blue as blue, so the colour on that image is not indicative of the real colour of Phobos, it's just a way of helping us identify differences in colour.

Having said that, here you have the 3515x3474 pixels colour image and here the greyscale image from the red channel.

These are much better for doing some kind of analysis.

PS: the greyscale image has a higher resolution of 5.8 m/pixel.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smack9

When knowledge which conflicts with ingrained patterns of thought arises it doesn't cause a breakdown of society. Those who can adapt (the great majority) do. Those who cannot, cling to the old, beyond all reason.

The evidence for evolution did not cause a breakdown of those beliefs. Nor has the evidence that the Earth is over four billion years old. Evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence (or even simple life) would be no more damaging than these things have been. The threat of societal breakdown as a reason for suppressing such a monumental discovery holds no water.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well said. I think the generality of mankind would do just fine with the news. There are those in the know who do not agree unfortunately. But I doubt that humanity's reaction is the only reason for their silence. Bill Clinton made the announcement about life on Mars, and I suspect they were going to tell us a lot more than news of finding bacterial indications in rocks. The President doesn't hold a high profile press conference like that just to tell us about traces of bacteria.

News of life on another planet that is perhaps technologically advanced, has implications that are military, political, social and economic. Enter the military industrial establishment and the energy sector. It could mean that who gets there first will rule the world. Humanity reaching out together to explore that is one thing. The spectre of nations racing to get there first has a whole different connotation. For example I note that the US declined Russia's offer of collaborating on going back to the moon. Unless and until unity is firmly established peace and security are unattainable. President Regan's speech to the UN comes to mind. He thought the news would support nations becoming more unified. Perhaps he was right. Hopefully unity and cooperation will soon be achieved.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Wow the images are wonderfu, thank you. Where could I obtain other Mars / Phobos images of this quality?

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join