It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien City On Mars? Check This Out!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
ArMaP, do you really believe yourself when you say that the 'furrows' in the pic below are due to bad joining between photos?
What do you mean by "furrows"? If you are talking about those horizontal lines across the gullies than yes, I think those are the result of a bad joining of the photos or a result of using photos with those marks along one or more edges.

Can you replicate this so we know this CAN happen?
No, for that I would need the photos, the height data and the software used.

Notice there is already a joint between the two images which can be discerned clearly BELOW the 'tracks' or 'furrows'.
I hadn't notice that. In that case I think it probably is what I said above, the photos used to create that image already had those lines in them

So, if you say that it is due to 'bad joining', then...
I should have been clearer about it, when I said bad joining I did not meant to say that it was the result of a bad job by the people who had to do it, I meant to say that the resulting joining of the photos was bad, like when we have some photos with very different exposure levels that make joining them flawlessly impossible, if we change the levels on one photo to make it have a perfect join with the image on the left we may make a worse join with the image on the right.

Some images are just not good enough to join, just that.

To clarify my position, I would like to say that I do not think that the original images as useless, on the contrary, the original images are more important than those 3D images with the original images overlaid on them because that process creates new artifacts.

Those 3D images are only good to show the relief, the image mapped over them should be seen just as a "skin" to give the 3D image a more natural look.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

If the original photos show the same features than they may be artifacts or not, but that only proves that those features were not created by the mapping of the image over the 3D data, they were already there.

None of those things you pointed to look like artifacts to me.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
undo

After looking for the original images that were mapped over the 3D data I have found some interesting things.

This page has what looks like small sections of the photo you posted.

This page has what I think is part of the images used to map over the 3D data. When I saw that it was the Photojournal site I went looking for those images on your site, and you have them, PIA00424.png and PIA00425.png.

I also found (but I can't find it now) 3D images, smaller that the one you posted, that show that same area in perspective but from 3 different angles, that I suppose are the North, East and South views.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
undo

This page has what looks like small sections of the photo you posted.

This page has what I think is part of the images used to map over the 3D data. When I saw that it was the Photojournal site I went looking for those images on your site, and you have them, PIA00424.png and PIA00425.png.

Thanks, Armap!

Can't find the anomalies in the ones you linked, except for the first link and the angle is so extreme i can barely see them in the distance

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Hello Mikesingh and undo,

I would like to get into the Mars-subject a bit more so that I can talk about it and maybe even help in finding anomalies.

As a beginner on the subject, what websites would you suggest I read first?

Hi Sky! Wow, now that's tough! There are really no sites for 'beginers' as such!!
But a good site to jump on the bandwagon is ....

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

Now check out your U2U for more!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

The link you sent by U2U is awesome. I didnt know there were that many perfect rectangular structures and squares on Mars. Thanks for setting me up to start my own examinations.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Okay, I've found another huge pic of the area of the two whitish oval anomalies in Candor Chasm, that I originally called a mining project. Erm, there are more anomalies per square inch in the photo than you can shake a stick at. It's actually a little disconcerting at first . The wow factor in this surpasses my first glimpse of the color clementine Moon photos, It took the better part of 2 hours to review it, there are THAT many anomalies. The more you find, the more you see. Just when you think you've seen the whole thing, something new catches your interest.

Anyway, I've isolated out the section containing the two "ovals" and provided one version that has been brightened and one that hasn't. If you have the capacity to zoom in on these in a graphics program, I highly recommend it. But fair warning: Don't look too closely if you don't wish to have your paradigm on the subject of anomalies on Mars, altered permanently.

Full view these, save them to desktop. if you have windows XP, right click the image file and select preview from the dropdown menu, then use the magnifying glass to zoom (warning these image files are huge and will respond slowly to your requests. it's actually preferable to view them in a graphics program like paintshop, open canvas, the gimp or photoshop):

thestargates.com...
thestargates.com...

Source
www.astro.uio.no...
www.esa.int...

[edit on 17-11-2007 by undo]

[edit on 17-11-2007 by undo]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My guess is pixelation but I have to agree that it does look like farmland from an airplane.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thanks, Beth! Wow! That Candor Chasma pic is mind blowing!
I thought I'd go out trekking in the hills today. But darn! I've got to get working on your pic instead!

Here's the 3D 11 MB image of the Chasma in hi-res. You'll need to download it first. Not bad, but beware of any strange looking artifacts on 3D overlays!!

www.esa.int...

Cheers!

[edit on 18-11-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Thanks, Beth! Wow! That Candor Chasma pic is mind blowing!
I thought I'd go out trekking in the hills today. But darn! I've got to get working on your pic instead!

Show your work.

I'm curious to see if you find the same anomalies that i did.

[edit on 18-11-2007 by undo]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
I'm curious to see if you find the same anomalies that i did.

Here's one for starters. Get a load of this!! And don't forget to study the pic for at least 5 minutes before you can start seeing things!

Now your turn to throw the dice!!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

There is a site that I think is the best to see the images from Mars Express, they have a list and direct access to the images in JPEG and TIFF (if they exist) format, the site of the Freie Universität Berlin, the responsible for the High Resolution Stereo Camera aboard Mars Express.

Just click on the "Press Archive" link and you will see a list of all images presented to the media.

Edit: I noticed that the German version has at least one more press release in the list, so do not forget to check that version too.

Edit of the previous edit
: never mind the previous edit, that press release I was talking about is also on the English version of the list.

[edit on 18/11/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Mike,

Yeah, that's one of the areas.

Here's what I found interesting, give 'em a minute or two to load. there's 10 so far. also full view them by their links under the pics

[edit on 18-11-2007 by undo]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Zooming in there are a couple of interesting shapes.

But at that scale, the most problable its just rocks what do you think?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orion437
Zooming in there are a couple of interesting shapes.

But at that scale, the most problable its just rocks what do you think?

my hubby said that looked like a gigantic fossil
i can't decide what it looks like. i just noticed
that there's a big cloud of dusty/mist/something,
going down the side the hill there. can you see it?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Here it is:

and here's a different view of, well, i dunno what it is, but
it looks very interesting.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
What about
Mars Global Surveyor MOC Image e1000462(a) ?

Image Description:
Material within crater at 28.4 N 332.4 W

General
MOC Image e1000462
Orbit 11885
Columns 512
Rows 10496
Orientation True

Geometry
Latitude 28.38°
Longitude 332.54°
Resolution * 6.08 meters/pixel
Phase Angle 75.16°
Incidence Angle 59.47°
Emission Angle 18.07°
North Azimuth 93.38°
Slant Range (km) 425.78
Spacecraft Altitude (km) 407.08

Engineering
Gain 8A
Offset 40
Summing Mode
(Downtrack) 4

Cropped area

Viking Context Image

Sources:
ida.wr.usgs.gov...
ida.wr.usgs.gov...
ida.wr.usgs.gov...
ida.wr.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Lets land a rover there and have a look around. I'd be VERY interested in whatever it might find on it's trek through that area.

TheBorg

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
What about
Mars Global Surveyor MOC Image e1000462(a) ?

Yes! I like this!

Amazing... Its just a square... but its amazing.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica

Yes! I like this!

Amazing... Its just a square... but its amazing.

Just a square... you're right (in the last case i'd say a rectangle ...

Anyway, a geometrical formation is something like some thousands times odder than an alleged "face", on another planet, (just to clarify):
a "face" could even be seen only by one person (as it happens almost ALWAYS),
a square IS a square, a rectangle IS a rectangle a triangle IS a triangle, period.

That being said, we can discuss about their origin, which IS natural till the moment that someone PROVES it is not, but of course NOT about their shape since are unmistakeable, unlike the "faces".
Since the ruins of ancient civilizations have this appearance on Earth,

i don't see how should make it sense to look for other esotic shapes, since geometry has always been considered a possible clue of intelligent life form, a RARE coincidence or some kind of geological exceptions (which exists too).
Anyway, of course everyone is free to look for (and share) whatever he/she wants.

Triangle from Cydonia?

sci.esa.int...

www.astro.uio.no...
www.dlr.de...

[edit on 19/11/2007 by internos]

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join