It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it all in my head?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
PLEASE NOTE: To the best of my knowledge, I am not insane, just curious...
Recently, I have been consumed by a interesting thought...
What if all that i perceive to exist...is all in my imagination?
Kind of like, the matrix, except, less cheesey and more wtf?
I know it impossible to prove or disprove, and you may find it offensive that I may consider you a figment of my imagination hehe, but I would really like your insights!
Woo first post!
I hope the great community of Above Top Secret can help me!

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I think that everyone has thought ofbthis at one time or another. The only thing I can say is, if your in conrtol please make my life better
. If you were really in total control don't you think you would be living in some lavish mansion and flying around in private jets? Just a thought...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Well, i never implied in my message that I was in control haha, just that maybe this is like, a big hallucination?
To put into perspective, im not some old person, who lives in his mums basement and sings karaoke all day lol, im actually quite young

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by h34d5h07
If I was in control, and this was a big hallucination...There would be no point in helping you...you only exist in my head...

This is actually one of the two reasons "The Secret" is premoted especially to the elite, it alows for the lack of building of empathy for others, and allows a person to deal with the twangs of conscience that some acts would cause.

I actually enjoy this topic and have given it a great deal of thought. I have to admit it is possible I am just a brain hooked to wires in some simulation somewhere. Of coarse any good simulation would have AI with equivelant to human intelligence, or would network others in, so we would not be alone there either. However, at anytime the experimenters could cut you off or tweak your input output carrier wave.

This reminds me of a story I have considered writing that I posted elsewere.

A guy lives a life, goes to heaven then gets to choose any life he wants to live, so he picks a famous king, who lives in selfishness, he ignores the sad eyes of the slaves he treats with disrespect and torture.

He returns after this second life and gets to go back again, he chooses a rich businessman, and is rich and lives high on the hog at the expense of others.

After a few million times of this he starts to live the normal people lives, one day a movie star push him out of line and treat him rudely, he looks into the stars eyes about to get angry, and realizes, it was himself in a past trip through life! he had lived that exact life.

He falls into deep despair as he sees that he now was going to have to live through the billions of lives he had treated terribly and condemn to a hard existence in his selfish trips before.

Close on twilight zone music.

ECHO echo echo echo.

I hear others but might they also be me?

[edit on 8-11-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Wow, thanks for the reply!
I really enjoy talking about this stuff, and am benefiting already!
I did not quite understand what you meant about the secret though...
I have seen the movie and am currently listening to the audiobook.
BY THE WAY: Over the last 10 days or so, I am becoming much more, erm, alternative? ie; meditation, the secret, this...
Should I be worrying?
And if you are in my head, just tell me lol.
I think this is going to consume my life

Keep posting!
P.S. I like your story, and I have a great passion for writing....
U2U me and maybe I can contribute?

[edit on 8-11-2007 by h34d5h07]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

From the Ages of Ages is the Eternal Thought, and the Thought is the Word, and the Word is the Act, and these Three are one in the Eternal Law, and the Law is with God and the Law proceeds from God.

We are somehow, electrons and mass that recognize each other, self, and that which makes us.

How is it that the Holy Spirit searches the Hearts and Minds?

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream...

Throughout the Bible, God speaks through dreams, and what are dreams, but experiences of the mind?

What person, who has a wild dream that is very active, cannot say that they did not experience what they saw? Does a dream make the experience any less?

Something to think about...

Peace

[edit on 8-11-2007 by HIFIGUY]

top topics

join