It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA addictions: Lets form a list...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The purpose of this thread is to create a list of OTC (over the counter) products that are, if not openly/obviously (like cigarettes), addictive. This would be any product that, once taken, provides temporary relief of symptoms only to worsen the condition in the long run - causing partial, sometimes total dependance on said product. This is one of the most in-your-face money making conspiracies out there (next to the Fed income tax). I'll start...

Nasal Spray

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I know this might sound silly, and even sarcastic, but I am being serious when I mention this one. I've used the stuff a few times, and stopped when I started to feel as though it wasn't really helping, but only prolonging the problem, which would make a person continue using it. Any time I see someone pulling out a stick of it, I immediately tell them that the stuff is addictive, and then they chuckle at me...I'm the one chuckling when they are applying it over and over again throughout the day.

The product I am speaking of is...

Lip Balm

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Right on, I totally agree with you there. I've gone through the whole chapstick crisis also. This is good, keep em coming...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Caffeine's a no brainer.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
any brand of nighttime sleep medicine ex. Tylenol pm.

Once you start taking this medicine, you are unable to sleep without taking it.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I tried this for gas once... ended up having gas (very painful gas) every night, forcing me to take it every night, until I stoped taking it, which was a very painful 3-day process...

Beano

top topics

join