It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TV Show that Saved the Kid that Rescued the Man that Fell in Front of an Approaching Train

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The world isn't all bad. The world may be gradually falling apart, but it's kids like this that are helping keep things together. Ladies and Gentlemen, today's hero is Julian Shaw, a quick-thinking 14 year-old Aussie kid in a punk-rock band.

Mark O'Dwyer, 54, fainted while waiting for a train on October 19 and fell 2 meters down to the tracks below. Julian witnessed this, jumped onto the tracks, lifted the man onto his shoulder, and took him underneath the platform. But it turns out, an episode of Mythbusters (which Julian recalled just in time) saved them both from being sucked in towards the passing train.

Here's the article for more details:

www.smh.com.au...

A round of applause for Julian. I absolutely love good news considering the deluge of horrors we have to wade through day after day.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You didn't mention that the point/lesson of the show was that there's no realistic threat of actually being sucked into the train.

Find it on google and watch it.

I know first hand that there's a gust of wind and lots of noise, but no suction.

Sensationalism?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the info, however I'd hardly call saving someone's life 'sensationalism.'

Would you feel better if I scrapped the reference to the TV show entirely? I'm happy if the kid takes all the credit.

Whatever went through his mind at the time, the outcome was spectacular and worthy of a mention here at ATS.

new topics

join