It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Watch List Swells to More Than 755,000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Terror Watch List Swells to More Than 755,000

www.usatoday.com

The size of the list, typically used to check people entering the country through land border crossings, airports and sea ports, has been growing by 200,000 names a year since 2004. Some lawmakers, security experts and civil rights advocates warn that it will become useless if it includes too many people.

"It undermines the authority of the list," says Lisa Graves of the Center for National Security Studies. "There's just no rational, reasonable estimate that there's anywhere close to that many
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
15,000 Want Off the U.S. Terror Watch List

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So now the government thinks there are 3/4 of a million terrorists that may try to commit a terrorist act in the USA?

Come on now, somehow I really don't think that over 750,000 people are planning terrorist attacks on American soil. They obviously need to narrow down what information would cause a red flag to go up and put somebody on "The List".

I'll bet OVER half of the people on "The List" have nothing to do with terrorists.

And the BAD thing is, they are continually adding to this list.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/11/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Three quarters of a million terrorists on US soil? I didn't realize the presidential cabinet was that large.

This is fear mongering at its finest.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
5,000 of those people could be removed from the list, if THC wasn't classifed as a narcotic.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Spawwwn

That still leaves it as 3/4 a million. And I doubt that most know they are on there. So what is the excuse minus THC, or is that the beginning of it? I have a hard time seeing how 7-year-olds are terrorists.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Spawwwn

So THC users are automatically placed on the Terror Watch List? Do you know this for sure?

That seems rather silly to me. How could the government possibly find out who uses the substance or not?

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain
Three quarters of a million terrorists on US soil?

Given the right contrived circumstances and or descriptions, I'm sure that number would rise significantly.

Originally posted by Roland Deschain
This is fear mongering at its finest.

Why change course midstream when the oarsmen are doing such a fine job?

The irony, as I see it, is in the numbers being so high when the bar is set sooo low. At the seeming current rate, just give it a bit of time and near everyone Could fit said mold. sheesh.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
How do we find out who is on the list?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The list and the guidelines you must follow to make the list are probably being kept secret.

If they let that kind of information out some people might be very unhappy.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Posting on ATS...

I would imagine many of the people here "fit" the current mold.. and your right, it wont be long till just about anyone could.. its what they want, they scream terrorist, and the sheeple all grab there pitchforks and torches without question...

[edit on 7-11-2007 by C0le]

new topics

top topics

join