It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15,000 Want Off the U.S. Terror Watch List

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

15,000 Want Off the U.S. Terror Watch List

www.usatoday.com

The complaints have created such a backlog that members of Congress are calling for a speedier appeal system that would help innocent people clear their names so they won't fall under future suspicion. Among those who have been flagged at checkpoints: toddlers and senior citizens with the same names as suspected terrorists on the watch list.

"To leave individuals in this purgatory is un-American," says Rep. Yvette Clarke, D-N.Y., who says she'll introduce legislation to try to streamline the pr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's hard to believe the way US citizens are being treated by their government compared to just 20 years ago.

Normal people you might see everyday or work with could be on this Terror Watch List and might not even know it yet! What does it take to get on this list and how come, if they are sooo suspicious of this person being a terrorist they will put him on a list, yet they don't even know what he looks like, so when a toddler tries to fly a red flag is thrown up because he has the same name as a terror suspect?

They just need to get their act together so innocent people stop getting hassled getting on planes or crossing the border.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

In February, the TSA launched the Traveler Redress Inquiry Program, a one-stop shop for people to appeal links to the watch list, which flags anyone with potential ties to terrorism. The list has more than 750,000 names.

Holy cow! Can you imagine the mayhem that will break out if a Robert Smith should land on the list. But seriously, for a terrorist watch list, you would think it would be just tiny bit more indepth, to help weed out the innocent. Perhaps a picture, or a base description of said person.

apc

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I don't think the headline is technically accurate.

Does anyone really want to be on the list?
A proper headline would be, a percentage to save money,
100% want off the US Terror Watch List

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
What exactly does one have to do to make the Terror Watch List? I'm interested because I speculate I may already be one of the names on the list.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Just thinking out loud here, but I can see the US gov saying something like if you want off the list and be able to clear customs quickly. Just take this chip and biometric ID. After all you have nothing to hide. right

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I don't think the headline is technically accurate.

Does anyone really want to be on the list?
A proper headline would be, a percentage to save money,
100% want off the US Terror Watch List

I believe you are right!!!

There is probably around 755,000 that would like to be taken off "The List"!!

[edit on 7/11/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Ahh, right.. Very scary indeed.

I for one would keep my place on the list before I ever accepted anything artificial in my body.

join