It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Patches and Hidden Symbolism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Space Superiority Systems Wing

First of all, the all seeing eye in the sky is disturbing.I'm trying to figure out what the eagle is holding.The design is too obcsure for a shield yet I can't dismiss it as a symbol of protection.
What throws me off is the yellow and the cross.Is it a light in the window saying "we're awake and ready" or is it a shield with a cross?I'd have to rule out the cross because I can't see the military relying on God for anything.It can't be a Templar cross because the design is wrong.
I'm thinking out loud so excuse me.This patch is aggressive just like the other two similar ones.
That's my two coppers.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
These were my questions on the patch:

What are the 2 planets/moon left center? Moon? Mars?
Its certainly not earth. Earth is the curved blue background.

What are the 2 crosses above the 2 bodies that look like
Stars but are not? There are also tiny differences in them.

All the tufts on the wing are yellow/gold except the tufts
below the Israeli star and the 2 end tufts on the left wing.. They are blue.

What is the eagle clutching in his talons (looks like a scroll) and what is the
Red white and blue ribbon sticking out of each end?

Which spacecraft is that below the talons?

There is a red, white and blue ribbon below the right talon
Joining with the yellow/gold band, , what does it represent?

What does the yellow/gold star with the three yellow gold
Bands coming out of the bottom represent?

The red star that has two trailing red lines also has a yellow/gold braid extending down and right. What does this mean?

On the eagles neck there are 2 short blue/black lines. They are different
shapes.

There are 13 red and white stripes at the top left. They join at the
left with a field of blue and 7 stars, what does that mean?

Why is the space shuttle at the lower end of the ISS turned 45 degrees to the right? Is there any significance to that?

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

Hello John, i try to answer to some of your questions, (of course, that's just an "attempt": imho you know the answers much better than me
)

Originally posted by johnlear
These were my questions on the patch:

What are the 2 planets/moon left center? Moon? Mars?

IMHO, Moon + Mars

What are the 2 crosses above the 2 bodies that look like

IMHO, Russia + USA flag

All the tufts on the wing are yellow/gold except the tufts
What is the eagle clutching in his talons (looks like a scroll) and what is the Red white and blue ribbon sticking out of each end?

IMHO, the ribbon has the colors of Russia flags, the roll could represent an agreement between the two Nations

Which spacecraft is that below the talons?

IMHO, It could be a satellite, maybe this one,

or maybe doesn't exists...

There are 13 red and white stripes at the top left. They join at the

Maybe, the stripes are the ones of the U.S. flag ?
The 7 stars, maybe, North America, South America, Antarctica, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia?

Why is the space shuttle at the lower end of the ISS turned 45 degrees to the right? Is there any significance to that?

Maybe is docking with ISS ?

[edit on 9/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Greetings zorgon,
This patch is interesting, I suspect that the trip to the space station is no more than a cover story. For me, the Moon, Mars, Venus and I believe Jupiter, represent the real mission statement, but the antique mode of transport only goes as far as the space station.
Stage two of the mission, I would venture to suggest, would require a little more speed, also didn't I read somewhere recently about a seventeen ton shipment of food being sent aloft?
I am in agreement with Bob Lazar when it comes to the continued use of rocketry which has, after all, more in common with fireworks, than cutting edge space age technology.
My guess is that something shiny and new is parked in the garage at the space station with which to continue the mission.
But then,I could just be daydreaming.
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by johnlear

Nearly all of your questions are answered directly by information in the original post... if you'd bothered to read.

Q. What are the 2 planets/moon left center? Moon? Mars?

A. From Source: Research aboard the ISS is the first step toward human exploration of the moon, Mars and beyond -- seen between the rocket and the "X."

So the four objects are the moon, Mars and, imho, the two stars represent 'beyond'.

Q. What are the 2 crosses above the 2 bodies that look like

A. They represent that which is 'beyond' the Moon and Mars so I'd guess they do represent stars. They do look slightly different, especially on the small image. If you look at the full sized image the two stars are essentially the same size/shape but appear different because of their exact position in the image. This kind of thing happens all the time when creating 'fine' graphical objects whose size starts to approach individual pixels. It's known as anti-aliasing.

Q. All the tufts on the wing are yellow/gold except the tufts

A. As pointed out by others, the blue star honours an Israeli astronaut who died. I'd guess the two blue wing feathers are an 'artistic continuation' of the blue star.

Q. What is the eagle clutching in his talons (looks like a scroll) and what is the Red white and blue ribbon sticking out of each end?

A. From Source: The eagle carries the baton of discovery, passing it to the crew of the spaceship advancing to their orbital outpost.

The ribbon sticking out is in exactly the same colour/order as the Russian flag so I'd guess it represents something, er, Russian.

Q. Which spacecraft is that below the talons?

A. Anyone with even a passing interest in space flight will instantly recognise it as a Soyuz class craft - the ball shaped flight module is a give-away.

Q. There is a red, white and blue ribbon below the right talon
Joining with the yellow/gold band, what does it represent?
What does the yellow/gold star with the three yellow gold
Bands coming out of the bottom represent?

A. It doesn't say what the yellow star/three bands are but the 'looping' band is ... "a stylized "9" as the plume of their rocket."

Q. The red star that has two trailing red lines also has a yellow/gold braid extending down and right. What does this mean?

A. None of the red stars have two trailing red lines. The red line which is 'braided' with a yellow line symbolises nothing. The yellow line which is 'braided' with a red line is simply the body of the eagle.

Q. On the eagles neck there are 2 short blue/black lines. They are different
shapes.

A. No there aren't.

Q. There are 13 red and white stripes at the top left. They join at the

A. I think you mean at the top right. I would have thought is was pretty obvious that the left arm of the 'X' represents the Russian flag and the right represents the Stars and Stripes of the USA.

Q. Why is the space shuttle at the lower end of the ISS turned 45 degrees to the right? Is there any significance to that?

A. No idea. Maybe to fit it into the small gap between the big 'X' and the ISS?

It's very revealing to see just how *bad* you are at understanding what is a pretty simple image with a simple explanation.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread though.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron
John Lear would swear this patch was absolutely authentic.

Do you have evidence to back up this claim?

Also I would like to see that patch... can you point to it in the text? Seems they do not like direct linking

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The Expedition Nine patch is ugly but does have some curious symbolism in it. The two elements that are most interesting are the seven stars at the center, which ostensibly represent the stars on the blue field of the American flag, but which also appear on the Space Command shield:

As they have a purposefully eccentric--but not random--placement on the Space Command shield, I assume they represent real star groupings; one of them looks like Orion's belt.

The other interesting element are the 26 feathers of the eagle's wings which start at upper right as green, then white, then orange, descending yellow until the appearance of two dark blue feathers, and then continue as yellow. Obviously this is coded symbolism.

Looking at the use of colors on the badge, green is also used to represent the lower atmosphere of earth, white the upper atmosphere, orange Mars, and dark blue outer space.

If the feathers represent manned missions, suggested by the stars of dead astronauts on the eagle's upper wings, that's quite an interesting human spaceflight time-line.
[typos]

[edit on 16-11-2007 by gottago]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Here‘s an interesting one...

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I apologise if this is a thread hijacking but a while ago i watched the secret space DVD and saw an image of Buzz Aldrin holding a Masonic Apron on the moon. I tried to track down the image and couldn't find anything on the net. Was just wondering if you guys had a copy of it. I think it qualifies as "space patch for a mission"

I posted on the thread below a while ago but had no success.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Shoulder patch worn by Lockheed flight crews
modified c-5 galaxy aircraft
motto N.O.Y.F.B (work that one out
)

UFO Hypotheses - Michael Schratt Volume One (11 of 24)

*the patch appears at the very begining of the this short video

USAF Insignia Wright Patterson AFB (Air Material Command)
Norhtrop B-2 Stealth Bomber
Lockheed F-117 Fighter
"The Sentinel"

UFO Hypotheses - Michael Schratt Volume One (11 of 24)

Patch Appears at 3:36 into the video.

You will notice a nice Delta in the middle of it and other shapes of stealth aircraft shapes.

I know this stuff is air force, butit was the only patches i could think of to contribute.

[edit on 16-11-2007 by blahdiblah]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
blah...

You will find this interesting though.

edit to add...

and this even more so...

[url=http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmuseum/americas_astronauts_fdcs.htm[/url]

[edit on 16-11-2007 by smartie]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by smartie

Yeah someone in the forum i mentioned directed me to that site, its very interesting
to say the least. Still the actual picture of buzz holding the apron on the moon is the holy grail in my view.

Anyways i just noticed this image contains masonic eye (of course.)

Maybe the eye in the above image zorgon posted can be interpreted as masonic symbolism, as well as intelligence/satellite (watching you) symbolism.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by blahdiblah
Still the actual picture of buzz holding the apron on the moon is the holy grail in my view.

Hmmm well it isn't the Holy Grail... and its been posted in several threads...

But here its is...

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by smartie

That's an interesting patch.I'm not trying to read too much into it but the image to the right of the alien reminds me of the moon shard pictures.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blahdiblah

IMHO, is this one ...

Masonic apron
English, c1760
Painted lambskin 72 x 68cm, plus ties 362 and 571cm long
Accession Number LL7653

Read more here
www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Yup Good work I would say even the brown dirt smudges match

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Of course it match: they used THAT image

NASA Photo ID: AS11-40-5903

+

Masonic apron

=

starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov...
www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk...

Most likely, it has been used that masonic apron only because it has an homogeneus background color and is easier to crop.
The photo is a hoax.

[edit on 18/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
The photo is a hoax.

NO WAY

Ummm say Internos... have a look on his right shoulder, (left to you looking at it) Compare the b&w image to the color image... tell me what you see...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well, in general there's an apparently different lighting,
but this could be the effect of an increased brightness and of a decreased contrast;
many details, visible in the color version, are absent in the b&w one.

In the b&w one, is noticeable even the rigidity of the apron, but since is lambskin made this shouldn't looks so.
Besides, there's an apparent shadow effect behind his left hand, but that's the thumb in the original one; besides, the index finger appears to thin here.

Anyway, the photo of Buzz is the same.
Heck, am i missing something here

[edit on 19/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
How about this one from upcoming NASA missions? It appeared in Dark Missions, thought to include it here...

Future astronauts will ride into space in the Orion capsule, similar in design to the Apollo-era command module, but larger and more versatile, and capable of carrying six occupants -- twice as many as its predecessor. Orion will succeed the space shuttle as NASA's primary vehicle for human space exploration. Orion's first flight with astronauts onboard is planned for no later than 2015 to the International Space Station. Its first flight to the moon is planned for no later than 2020.

www.collectspace.com...
www.countdowncreations.com...

[edit on 19-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Heck, am i missing something here

Yup sorry I meant above the shoulder your left of the helmet

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join