It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I heard on conservative radio that Ron Paul will not support Israel. KNowing the spin that republicans will be putting on Paul's positions I was wondering how he really felt about the subject.

Any help would be great.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
At least based on this speech, it is fair to conclude that Paul would embrace a non-interventionist policy and therefore would not be involved in the Mid-East peach process.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well here's a video of R.P. says Israel can handle them selves. I'm sure there are many more you can find with a google search or YouTube search.

Brief Interview with Ron Paul over Israel and NAU Israel can handle them selves.

Brief Interview with Ron Paul over Israel and NAU
www.youtube.com...

Ron Paul 2004 on China, Israel and Foreign Aid Does not want to engage America in Israels problems

Ron Paul 2004 on China, Israel and Foreign Aid
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7/11/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thank you for these replies.

I support Ron Paul but as a Christian was concerned by the Biblical admonishment that God will "bless those that bless you, and curse those that curse"(paraphrase, referring to Israel).

Now I see it is neither.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just a quick question for you. Why are you worried about Republicans putting a negative spin on Ron Paul?

You do know he is running as a Republican don't you? They are not and will not put negative spin on one of their own candidates. True most conservatives don't agree with Paul because of his stances though.

In all honesty he should be running under a different party, such as Libertarian, but he'd have even less a chance of election that way.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
They are doing this. Hannity for instance treats any mention of him with disgust. The majority of conservative radio has depicted him as a nut.

Ron Paul is running as a republican, but we all know the most important issues to most republicans is the war.

Paul will not get the nomination and will end up running as a third-party candidate anyways.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Just a quick question for you. Why are you worried about Republicans putting a negative spin on Ron Paul?

You do know he is running as a Republican don't you? They are not and will not put negative spin on one of their own candidates. True most conservatives don't agree with Paul because of his stances though.

In all honesty he should be running under a different party, such as Libertarian, but he'd have even less a chance of election that way.

Because, despite his official party affiliation, he is not the kind of conservative the GOP wants as president. They'll do what they can to discredit him until that nomination. Just look at the Democrats, they're finally tearing into Hillary like they should have been for months. Fred Thompson condescends to his opponents, and so does Giuliani. There's no shortage of negative spin here. If Ron Paul were to win the nomination, however, I think many non-supporting republicans would vote him in over Hillary because at least they know Paul won't spend away their paychecks.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Ron Paul may not get the nomination, however, ALOT of people are waking up because of him. Hopefully enough will wake up so he will win the nomination. I doubt it though because every time there is a debate he only gets maybe 5 min at most. While, other candidates get 20 min. They already know who they want in. So they will do everything in their power to discredit anyone who will not bow down and do what they say.

new topics

top topics

join