It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaxa.jp: Incredible High Definition Video of the Moon Taken by a Japanese Spacecraft

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WaitingForIt

OK, you know this is edited how.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
if aliens were to come and show their 'people' that there was no life here on earth... think of all the places that they could record.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Some more moon video @

stage6.divx.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Well, at least the Earth doesn't have one whole side that's completely desolate of life. (Not that I'm saying that the far side has life, either, it doesn't).

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Cool video Cravin, but I keep yelling "Zoom in!" Lets pray they can start getting the moon mapped up close in HD.

At least NASA can't get their paws on the film. I wonder what Nasa's official statement is on this? Think they're nervous?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by concreteconspiracy

I don't think NASA has anything to hide. Why do you guys still believe in Lear? Continuing to hold belief in crackpot theories such as his is holding the UFOlogy community back.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Originally posted by icybreeze

somewhere a dozen little japanese scientist are scratching their heads wondering where the soul catcher is...they could have sworn John Lear said it was right there!

Nope! I said The Big Soul Machine On the Moon was very near if not in Mosting A. Take a look at this photo. The Selene video and photos are where the yellow rectangle is up near the top, just over the horizon.

The Big Soul Machine On The Moon is near the center of the visible side of the moon.

Here is LO-3-84M. I put some lines to show the features.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
great stuff. i don't see anything artificial about any of it though. the "streets" look like nothing more than what used to be cracks and fissures in the moon's crust that have since cooled.

Problem with that is that they appear inside a mass crater. If they were there at the time of cooling, before the moon was so pocked with craters, they would not appear above impact marks.

Also given the length of time that the moon has been dead, any natural geographical formation of distinction would have been covered over.

That's one of the reasons they claim the moon to be dead, no signs of geographic movement.

That's not to say it is not caused by a massive impact in a different area of the moon that was so catastrophic that it did cause the surface to crack?

I don't know tbh.. But just thought I'd add $2.50 worth.. Don't get much for 2 cents these days..

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikedmilk
Hey there Internos, how you be? I think you do see something, what it is, I couldnt possibly say however I did the best I could using what I have here to "enhance" the photo. I wouldnt call it that tho.
I tried drawing these things out to get a feel what they might be and I havent a clue, but if they are there, there might be a few of them going around the crater. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong. They look "pronged"

Nice find - I agree, that does look very interesting.

Far more that simple moon debris.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Here there's something which looks to have some geometrical shape here ?
Maybe i'm wrong.. ....

I don't think so - I missed this part the first time around and came back after someone else posted.

Definitely looks like something to me, and I usually never see anything other than moon bits...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
reply to post by spikedmilk

You know, i decided to write ALWAYS that it could be a natural formation, before someone else comes here to say the same: in this way, we should avoid attacks of some kind...

It works like a disclaimer

It's also a possibility ! You never know, the joke may be on us, at the end of the day.

Thats why I take some peoples claims with a grain of salt, and when it becomes preposterous, it tends to steer me away.

The posts in this thread however, have done the opposite !

I can stare at dark, grainy, nebulous splotches all day and not see a reactor..

But I'm intrigued when what I do see, and others see, does have some form. Wether or not it's a real ruin, or just a good illusion, is moot because at this point it's new and I dig it !

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by icybreeze
ok now i will begin my criticism:

oh boy, here we go again, let me take off my adult hat and put on my kindergarten hat so that i too may "see" things that aren't there. or maybe i'll just wait for John Lear and his buddy Zorgon the terrible to show up...

Or go to somewhere you can keep your adult hat on, if it makes you feel better.

Honestly, did you read the title of the tread and not expect this? It's been this way here since before I registered, and I registered so I could participate, not just whine about it.

The place has really become full of stern "Haters" and wallowing "Believers" - participating in discussion seems to be forgotten.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
can anyone show me the evidence of a breathable atmosphere ?

Wrong section, you want the John Lear section.

Easy mistake to make, since he's convoluted the whole concept of the possible history of the moon into a fair to middling joke amongst those who enjoy poking people in the ribs at the expense of people trying to talk.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjay
Did anyone else see this?

Doesn't look very artificial to me, in many aspects. Reflectivity, shape, contour, shadowing, tone and more are very finely detailed upon closer look. If it isn't artificial, I would place money on this being the most beautiful sight on our Moon.

It's far too low quality resolution to make any real judgment on it's true shape.

Much like if you look closely at your screen, you can see the individual dots that make up jagged lines, that at a distance draw a perfect red and vibrant rose.

But as the astronauts who've walked on the moon have said, if it did have a breathable atmosphere, it would be beautiful.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I JUST finished Richard Hoagland's book, Dark Mission. I'm very interested in putting some of his data to the test. I can't wait to see the area of the Apollo 17 landing in Hi-Def. I don't think there is anything of significance quite yet; just a case of people seeing what they want to see (I'm predisposed to think that if I read too much John Lear, I'm going to see mining operations. If I'm reading too much Richard Hoagland, I'm going to see pyramids and ruins).

Any ideas on when they are going to be photographing the areas of say, the Crisium Spire, or Picard Crater, or the Cleomedes craters? Apollo 17 landing was WAY too secretive and illogical (with the camera pointing and the transcripts).

NASA isn't too forthright about anything; I'll be paying more attention to the ESA's Mars Express and this Japanese thingy more than anything from NASA in the future. Why the heck can't we just be done with it and get a nice clear picture of lunar ruins or traces of habitation, past or present--Instead of these grainy, low quality "I see a smily face/pyramid/soul machine/alien adult bookstore" ink-blots?

to the OP!

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist

Originally posted by adjay

Doesn't look very artificial to me, in many aspects.

I don't know, if you ask me, the whole video looks quite artificial. Animated sequences in movies from years ago look better than this, so do current video games. It is quite disappointing, and ... definitely not 'HD'. Maybe they haven't shot in HD yet?

This looks like a poorly rendered game ... Playstation one ... maybe PS2 in its early stages.

Wait a minute, it's a tiny resolution (about 468x268 px) representation using a really ugly compression algorithm so that it can be embedded in a webpage and utilised by a flash plugin. The entire video if captured using a screen recorder ad using xVid compression is about 11megs.

It's not the full quality video. Even your home video would look pixelated and grainy in places using that technology to put it on the net - think youtube.

Even with the nasa photos, they are up to and over 100megs in size. Yet most of what are available are reduced in quality and size to fit on an average webpage.

Don't blame the way it's put out at this point, on it's true quality.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaitingForIt
Does anyone else think its strange that they always have to edit what videos the public are able to see? Why cant we see a live feed, or even hours of footage.

Hours of live feed? Are you going to supply the server space and bandwidth?

Crikey, what Im reading here now is beyond comprehension... Astounding.

Do I believe there are men on the moon? No.
Do I believe you people are just out to ruin any real discussion? Yes.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I am impressed with this project. I've just now with this thread realized exactly what the Japanese space program has accomplished. I found this link which was interesting (for those like me who up to now have only heard little "tid-bits" about this project)

SELENE Project--the Orbiter System

Its pretty cool. The orbiter uses 2 satellites included with the package to relay data back to earth.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

I just want to note the 90 degree angles made by those moon cracks in the picture you posted.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I can't wait until the probe gets to the dark side so we can see the lush tropical forests there.

People, there WILL be downloadable full rez videos released, have some patience. (insert Lear comment about how they need to edit out the glass spires and soul catcher first)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join