It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Americans, You Civil Rights are in Danger!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
And here we have the one thing that has done more to erode freedom and liberty throughout history, apathy. How many times do we need history to teach us the lessons of an apathetic populace more content to plod along with their daily chores, than to pay attention to the larger picture in which we are found?

Do nothing and nothing changes.
Take control, or lose control.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
And here we have the one thing that has done more to erode freedom and liberty throughout history, apathy. How many times do we need history to teach us the lessons of an apathetic populace more content to plod along with their daily chores, than to pay attention to the larger picture in which we are found?

Do nothing and nothing changes.
Take control, or lose control.

More like do nothing and nothing changes. Do something and still nothing changes. I doubt even a civil war would happen due to the amount of people a are oblivious to there actually being a problem. The most likely thing is social chaos. Its happened to pretty much every civilisation since the begining of time. As soon as they get near some kind of peak it all goes wrong. Thousands of years of chaos ensue and eventually the cycle starts again.

I'm not saying it will happen, but i think its a good bet.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Alot of young people think that Liberal is liberal.
Tons of them think conservative means that your a tight ass anal retentive prick.

Just like the canadian idol says, 'i'm going to vote liberal, because i'm a liberal kind of guy'

They don't understand, and aloto f their professor's are liberal but won't admit it, so they get swayed and brainwash at an early start.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Too many idiots believe the gov't is doing what's best for them, while they hold their eyes closed to reality.
They'll wake up one day, when it's no longer tolerable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join