It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia Pulls "Date Rape" Drug Toy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Australia Pulls "Date Rape" Drug Toy

hosted.ap.org

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) -- Australian officials ordered a popular Chinese-made children's toy pulled from the shelves after scientists found it contained a chemical that converts into a powerful "date rape" drug when ingested.

Three children have been hospitalized over the past 10 days after swallowing beads from Bindeez, named Australia's toy of the year at an industry function earlier this year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

Edit: fixed headline and title

[edit on 11/7/07 by Hypntick]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Amazing how all these countries are finding toxic chemicals in their toys now. Makes you wonder how long they've been there without anyone noticing. Not to mention GHB(gamma hydroxy butyrate) is some pretty potent stuff for anyone, much less a child. Thoughts?

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: attempted to change the subject but for some reason it just wont work. Should read "Australia pulls 'date rape' drug toy" as the headline.

Edit-2: Fixed my problem finally....

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Heh. Your thread title made me think that Australia was dating another country. Maybe Brazil.

I had no idea you could make toys out of roofies though. That is some seriously scary stuff, there.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I swear China is just trying to kill off every other nation so they can move in. I mean first the lead and now roofies?!
Wake up people stop importiing your crap!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetsujin420
I swear China is just trying to kill off every other nation so they can move in. I mean first the lead and now roofies?!
Wake up people stop importiing your crap!

Yup! that's what they're up to!

that's why I got my genes in to the Chinese pool now, before it's too late and they make the world sterile with tainted poly cups being used in Maccy D's all over the world...

Doh I wasn't suppost to tell anybody that, still it should be alright as long as Jerry Yang (tosser of the year) doesn't have anything to do with ATS!

MonKey

new topics

top topics

join