It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real F-15 joins massively multiplayer virtual war

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

Anyways, how exactly is Zaphod wrong about the program in question which allowed a Real F-15 to be linked to a simulator?

Because it was not the question, again, for the second time, the question was;

“I just got a couple of questions. what's the game's title? where can I download it? is it FREE?”

My answer was;

“Don’t know about that one, but for the best flight sim featuring F-15 go right here;”

If that’s not understood, go back to square one.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by amanbuthimself

Best sim and Lockon in the same sentence is not at all plausible.

Lockon is too close to arcade to call

Tell that to Unites States Air National Guard procurement department, because they have purchased it to train their pilots!

Air National Guard buys a virtual “A-10C PE Desk Top Simulation” from a Russian game company!”

MONSTER WARGAME DEVELOPER ATTRACTIVE TO US MILITARY: Lock On makers sell to Air National Guard

Eagle Dynamics, the Russian game company responsible for Lock On, an air combat flight simulator, announced its commercial products were being delayed by contracts with the US military.

www.dickdestiny.com...

Or, the ATS thread right here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

What about the software for linking to a real F-15?

Is that readily available? Because I seem to believe that, that's what this thread is about, the linking of multiple simulators to a real F-15.

No, it’s not readily available, and that’s why the best alternative for the average consumer that IS available is LockOn Flaming Cliffs edition, and until something better becomes available, it’s just a fact.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iskander

Oh yeah Iskander? I believe the member was referring to the software used to link the F-15 to the simulator, NOT LockOn.

If I'm wrong, let the member who asked the question come here and say otherwise. But I do honestly believe that he was referring to the software used.

And you really don't know when I'm being facetious do you?

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 9-11-2007 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kilcoo316

Ok. But if someone wants a completely realistic simulator then although Lock On is great. Don't expect it to model everything in imaculate detail.

Only completely realistic (civilian) simulator is for MSFS2004 w/ PMDG and VATSIM.

Tell that to Unites States Air National Guard procurement department, because they have purchased it to train their pilots!

That A-10C simulator IS NOT LOCKON.

[edit on 9/11/07 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

[edit on 9/11/07 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Because it was not the question, again, for the second time, the question was;

“I just got a couple of questions. what's the game's title? where can I download it? is it FREE?”

My answer was;

“Don’t know about that one, but for the best flight sim featuring F-15 go right here;”

If that’s not understood, go back to square one.

Unfortunately this has to be done:

---> DON’T KNOW ABOUT THAT ONE

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyCarterIsSmarter

Only completely realistic (civilian) simulator is for MSFS2004 w/ PMDG and VATSIM.

Main word here is “civilian”, while the topic of conversation is about the F-15, and MILITARY sims.

In military sims, if there’s something out there that’s better then LockOn, please let me know, I’m very interested, if not, as it stands, LOFC is the best sim out there.

That A-10C simulator IS NOT LOCKON.

What is it then?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
A simulator based on the Lock On engine?

?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

A simulator based on the Lock On engine?

Not at all, and what is the difference between publicly available LockOn engine and commercial editions?

Start with "Digital Combat Simulator", “The Fighter Collection Simulation Engine”, “Forward Air Controller Simulation Engine (FACSE)”, etc.

More here - www.thebattlesim.com...

As you see, LCFC is not just a “game”, it’s an entire platform, realism of which is governed by the impute data and its security level.

That means that the physics engine is limited only by the quality of available data, which in most cases is simply classified.

In short, commercial versions of the LCFC engine is based on the flexibility to be programmed with user classified performance data, and the physics engine will use the data to accurately simulate real life performance of any given model.

In fact, the actual LockOn engine is a byproduct of a military application;

The Fighter Collection Simulation Engine (TFCSE), developed for TFC by its associate company, Eagle Dynamics, is currently integrated into the commercial entertainment software pro-duct "Lock On: Modern Air Combat". "Lock On" is a high fidelity first-person perspective flight simulator that allows the player to operate one of several US or Russian jet fighter aircraft (A-10A Warthog, F-15C Eagle, Su-27 Flanker B, MiG-29 Fulcrum A, MiG-29 Fulcrum C, Su-25 Frogfoot, Su-25T, Su-33 Flanker D).

www.lockonfiles.com...

As you see, LockOn is not an “arcade game”, but an adaptation of military application software into a commercially available gaming title.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Iskander, just because Lock On is adapted from TFCSE, does not automatically make Lock On realistic. I could go on and on about why Lock On is unrealistic and most likely diferant from the A-10C sim.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Iskander, just because Lock On is adapted from TFCSE, does not automatically make Lock On realistic. I could go on and on about why Lock On is unrealistic and most likely diferant from the A-10C sim.

JimmyCarterIsSmarter, personally I’ve been following Eagle Dynamics development since 1995, and since you say you know something I don’t, please, enlighten me, I’m all ears, just keep in mind that I do know a thing or two.

Go ahead, take your time.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I hope they use designated training F-15 for this and do not just unplug and plug in interfaces into active duty planes.

A few decades ago, Norad almost went ballistic(literally) when a guy left a training tape in the Norad center and it reported a series of ballistic incoming missiles. After this incident they move all training to a training only Norad.

I would hate for some pilot to start getting engage orders from some training scenario in a active duty fighter.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by iskander

What Square one? Please for all that is holy and merciful, let me know what square one is, because as far as I'm concerned YOU'RE the one who completely missed the original point being made. The original poster was JOKING about the question, it was RHETORICAL. In case you didn't know what it meant how about you go to Dictionary.com and check it out for yourself?

So yeah I'm done here because it seems that you're too busy pretending to be smarter than everyone else to actually realize what's being discussed.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Since there is no redeeming value...

To this thread beyond the continuous insults and ad hominem attacks.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join