It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AccessDenied's trip to New York

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hey, all.
I was told before I left i needed to post all the details upon my return.So here goes.

Left North Bay Ontario, at 1 am Monday morning.I definitely could not sleep the night before, too excited.Caught a few zzzzzz's on the drive to Toronto.
We Picked up the Duckster, at her home.First time she and I had ever met.
I tell you guys, what a sweet heart she is.We had so much fun.Hilarious sense of humour she's got,and we busted our guts the entire ride.
We drove down through Niagara Falls, over the Rainbow Bridge.First time I had ever seen the falls.They were spectacular.(I have never travelled past Toronto).
Drove through parts of upstate New York,down through Pennsylvania, into New Jersey, and eventually Manhattan.
Funny * I can boast about using washrooms in 3 states in one day.

Manhattan was culture shock.
So many people, so busy...just crazy!!!!
We arrived at the hotel, shortly after 5pm.
LONG DRIVE.
Fanciest hotel I have ever seen.
The party was in the rooftop loft.

It was a pleasure and honour to be there, and to meet those whom I call friends and extended family.To make new aquaintences like HarlemHottie,CSIfan, Djarums ,12m8keal2c and his beautiful wife.To meet Simon , Bill and Mark,and Jim Marrs.
To finally see what was in those darn spheres!!!!

It was a great time.I really paid no attention to the celebrities at the party,as it was always my intention to concentrate on ATS'rs.
What an honour, to meet William One Sac.Truly.
I had a fabulous time.Thank you JackAtMtn.A million times over, thank you.
For as long as I live, I will Remember, Remember, The 5th of November.

i165.photobucket.com...
Bill,Me,Mark,Simon

Me, with Lombozo

[edit on 7-11-2007 by AccessDenied]

mod edit: altered image size

[edit on 7-11-2007 by UK Wizard]

[edit on Sun, Apr 26th 2009 by Djarums]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Awesome!!! What a great looking staff and posters we have!!!

I want you to know you are the envy of thousands today!!! I certainly envy you

Although i couldnt even watch live, i expect to be able to download the whole thing and watch soon, i hope.

I am very glad you got to go and i hope if you have more pictures you will share even more!!

I cant get enough!!

Again, thank you so much for sharing your experience with our ATS family.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hey access,

Thanks so much for the pictures and your wonderful story of how you got there. It sounds like it was well worth it. I'm glad you had such a great time.

It's about time they had something like this. Ten years. WoW.

I'm sure you will never forget. Congras to you!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Thanks DG.Envy of thousands? Wow.I never thought of that.I forgot to add that it was a pleasure to meet Bill's son as well.
As for celebrities, I got this pic,thanks to Ducky, of Robin Williams Son and his girlfriend.

i165.photobucket.com...

And Lombozo with the "Esteemed host of the evening" Richard, and Gilbert.

i165.photobucket.com...

mod edit: altered image size

[edit on 7-11-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Mods..feel free to resize the photos, as Iam aware they are large.
Thanx..AD

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hey AD so glad to hear you had a blast! I couldn't get a good feed on the webcast and only got to see bits and pieces of the event. What I really want to know is. Did you get a chance to kick the Donkey in the shins???

And yes envy of thousands..

Cheers and great pics

CTH

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
why does the far right person look like one of the founders of google?
also nice pics

do anything else in NY?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I wish i had the chance to do more.Unfortunately, no,i did not have the time.I did get to see Times Square.I had wanted to go to Ground Zero,but I'll save that for next time.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Amazing stuff AD

Looks like you had a freakin awesome time too!!

You even got your hands on the mighty Lombozo!! Now you truly are the envy of thousands.

oh and BTW you're much hotter when you smile!!

MonKey

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Aw thanks Chikey.I always hated my smile though..I feel silly when I do.
However that night I was all smiles..could not be helped.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Seems like ya had a great time AD , too bad I wasn't able to attend
, I'm too darn young

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

Aw Steve..I'm sure there will be many more shindigs to come.You will be able to attend them.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I really blew my chance of seenin' you and the rest of the ATS members that show'd up ..........

[edit on 7-11-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Ahhhhhhh finally!!

First of all

I want to thank AD and her hubby for the ride to and from New York City. (I still think her hubby should try out for the 'Molson Indy'. Holy moly...that guy can drive!)
Inside Joke: I'm glad I was semi-unconscious through that corner of the off-ramp. Ducky would have had her 1st heart atttack...) lololololol Thanks for putting up with me hon, I had the best time with you guys and will remember this forever.

I was wondering who was going to start up the thread, I'm glad you did. Stupid me had my camera on me at all times (in my purse) and I only took a couple of pics of when you and I were sitting by the pool (waiting to go in to the conference area.)

AD?
What number did we get up to...was it over 20? You know? All the 'Bambi's'? lololol.

We were 'warned' about the 'Jersey Turnpike'. That was nothing. We even made it through the 'Lincoln Tunnel'. With all the bottle-necking traffic, that was nothing either. What DID over-whelm us was the magnitude of Manhatten. I was floored. This city is UNBELIEVABLE!!! Toronto, Ontario Canada has nothing on N.Y.C. at all! There's aprox. a little over 2 million people in Toronto, and from what I heard, there's over 12 million in N.Y.C.! Hustle n' Bustle all the way. I dub N.Y.C. : "The city that never sleeps."

I was soooooooo happy to finally meet and chat with S.O, Springer, Simon, Crakeur, Lombozo, William-one-sec, 12makall2c, HarlemHottie, Dejarum, and the list goes on and on. You guys were very professional - all the way. You made the rounds, and took time to talk with everyone.

The whole evening went off without any hitches. Tremendous success!
AD had to coax me into going into the conference room. lololol I was umm...kinda nervous meeting everyone for the 1st time. Funny thing was, I thought every inch of my body was shaking/twitching out of nervousness, but it was just my bum doing sum funky jiggy jiggy. (Sorry AD...had to get that one in there...I was sooo self-consious about it for 1/2 the evening....lololol)

Anyways,
I just wanted to say that, this was a 'chance-of-a-lifetime' event for me. Very very thankful for the opportunity! So much more to tell, but I'm just starting to get my bearings today, and re-capping all that happened.

To my cousins down south and New Yorkers: It was a pleasure to visit !! What a wonderful city! I really hope to visit you guys again soon. The next time I do, I'll make sure to spend more time to sight-see, as I know for damn sure, it can't all be done in 1 day.

AD,
Thankyou, my dear friend...for picking me to come with you. I couldn't have asked for better company.
You were on web-cam!!! You star-lette you! Can I have your autograph? lololol Thanks babes.

Love,
Ducky

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Congratulations AccessDenied & Thank-you for the photo's. A really Good Looking Group.
For some reason I wasn't able to get the web-cast.
Aliens & their UFO's!
Constantly stealing my wattage, interfering with my satellite dish & draining my batteries!

Sorry about the rant. Sure glad you had a Great time.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Definitely looked like a great time. I think it's very cool you got a chance to go, and even more awesome that you were allowed to bring someone. A last-minute decision that made a whole lot of sense. Big
to the Amigos for having the foresight to permit that.

Hob-nobbing with the celebs. I was thinking, they were probably only Corey Feldman and a circus midget away from being able to film Real Life XIV.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Aw Ducky it was the trip of a lifetime....I would not have chosen anyone else.
As for the "Bambi's" if anyone has ever driven the I-90 you know that a lot of deer get in the way of drivers there.
Final tally of dead deer we saw by the side of the road...24, yes 24..and one poor sheep too.
Sad.
I can't believe you posted the bum thing...Geez, ducky..hehehe.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Hey yeahright...sorry I opted for the black dress over the chicken pants.

Like I said, I spent the evening with the members, not celebs.
HarlemHottie and her mom CSIFan,Djarums,Lombozo,Crakeur,12m8keal2c, and his wife.
Mark and especially Simon.Simon is awesome.You guys have no idea.
Simon if you read this..as I'm sure you will, You totally impressed me.
You are a true inspiration to entreprenuers everywhere, and a total gentleman.
Not to mention Gorgeous...Geez...(Sorry, I just had to).
Thanks for bringing ATS into my world Amigos....
Someday i hope to be the Mod at one of these events.Must think big.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

Hey Mountain star, a lot of members had trouble watching it, but SO just posted a link to the Presentation in his thread about the Revolution.You could watch it there.
Fabulous speaches by the Amigos, Jim Marrs, and Richard Belzer.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well first off I must echo the sentiments of AD. It was fantastic meeting everyone.
Ad, and Ducky came a LOOOONG way to be a part of this event. Very Cool.
Duckster, I want to say it was very nice to meet you.
AD, It was a pleasure to meet you as well.
I'm glad that your trip was a good one, and that after traveling 15 hours, that you had a great time.
15 hours! Jeez, and I complained about a 2 hour trip.........

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join