It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl gets detention for hugging friends

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
It's strange because there seems to be two different things going on in schools here. On one hand, you have situations like these were children aren't even allowed to hug without being reprimanded.

On the other hand, you have some schools that are doing safe sex demos and handing out condoms to middle school students! There is no standard or rule of thumb for what is going on in our education system. Things have become completely out of hand.

Have kids? Maybe you should consider home school?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a recent study showed that a hug a day keeps your spirits up and i agree!
Over here in Englannd something like this happened a while ago but i always hug my friends and in our school everyone does it, we're all hug buddies
but seriosly, that is lame, What the flying fish does a hug mean, it's no more than a hand shake. he would give a detention for a handshake would he?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Wow, I totaly forgot about that whole fiasco (sp)! This is why I still say and always will "home school your kids!". No brain washing/promoting sex/taking away human contact for my offspring thank you very much!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
makes you wonder though about the little 6 year old boy and if the girls parents were put up to it. I mean, really, it defies logic.

For me it make perfect sense. Unfortunetly.

While I'm not into local real life US news, I follow games quite a bit.

The censuring of them has gone completely bonkers over the years.

You can maim, slice, murder, dismember, slash, shoot, kill, steal, beat up with a bat, use a chainsaw to cut someone in half at will according to US censuring, as long as it doesnt go "too" far... Often that just mean not so much blood is spurting out when you rip someone arm of or similar.

But when you show a nipple in a game?

OH NO!
LAWSUIT!
IMPEACHMENT!!!
BAN THE GAME FROM EVERY STORE!!!
Etc

I can totally see the logic seeing this news.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsujin420

My ONLY beef with home schooling is that it also takes away social interaction for the children.

As bad as the system may be, kids ARE still making friends, even if the school system /government doesn't want them to.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
How sad, it won't be long before we have robotic relatives being produced in factories.

So you purchased a paternal unit, class A type 1
A new addition to your living room space, watch it go
Under warranty for at least 90 days, so have fun
If in that time frame there's a problem, please let us know
Before you start there's a few details that you must learn
Technical specs about your unit to make things run smooth
In an effort to find an energy source our company's learned
The cheapest way to keep his battery running is with booze
Plug it in, give it a name, man of the house, help sustain
Wear the pants, you can relax, one of the pack, nucular fam (literally nuclear)
Brings us to the safety chapter
Section 87 in your handbook subsection 16 entitled
Troubleshooting
Fuel sources are at a slight risk of mixing
With the crispy plutonium center
Of your automated new spouse and then driven
Possibly leading to the unpredicted stimulation of its artificial emotion circuits
And in a few unsubstantiated clinical trials this condition
has led to simulated feelings of resentment and worthlessness
Manifested in the highly unlikely but still possible act
of physical aggression towards you and your loved ones fleshy surfaces

Remember, no cash returns
Only credits towards future purchases

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Soon they will outlaw holding hands and having a bf/gf in schools. Things use to be so much easier now everything has to be politically correct and tolerant. I guess being yourself is "bad" for society.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Saudi Arabia's religious police stopped schoolgirls from leaving a blazing building because they were not wearing correct Islamic dress, according to Saudi newspapers.

In a rare criticism of the kingdom's powerful "mutaween" police, the Saudi media has accused them of hindering attempts to save 15 girls who died in the fire on Monday.

The Saudi Gazette quoted witnesses as saying that the police - known as the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice - had stopped men who tried to help the girls and warned "it is a sinful to approach them ".

I want to say that religious extremism will only increase, soon we will see the dark ages again with superstitions and all that

[edit on 7-11-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

Don't do that! Don't compare something going on in another country to what's going on in the USA. You're totally twisting this into something it's not.

You want to know my twist on it?

First you stop the study of creation in school.

Then you stop kids from praying in school.

Now they stop kids from hugging.

You know what happens during Christian interaction? A great deal of hugging.

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
outrageous childish pethatic controlled dysfunctional freaked agenda.

keep them out of school

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Razor1000, you were pretty much right. Also members of the school board were probably deprived as children. I think what the teacher did could be considered bullying. It doesn't say in the article whether or not the girl was on school property when observed but it does say she had been seen doing the same thing at a football game. I guess that makes her a repeat offender. I remember a while back that some sporting event (high school) level had decided to not give out trophies to the winners . Their reasoning was that it made the other participants have less self worth. That is probably the stupid reasoning behind the whole thing. It isn't that the people didn't want to be hugged against their wishes. Their peers know who wants a hug and who doesn't. It's because the teachers and schoolboard are afraid that others who are not being hugged are being left out. When my sons were in school, The school held an anti bullying seminar. I wish I could remember the name of the organization that put it on. During the seminar the students were encouraged to get in touch with their feelings. I was at their grad and I saw a loving community of students and teachers saying goodbye with hugs and best wishes. I'm glad my sons weren't deprived of that experience. The school had a policy too which didn't allow inappropriate behavior, but the teachers and principal had the common sense to enforce it on a realistic basis. Thanks ATS.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I posted that because both things are caused by the belief in sin or something like that.
I am not an atheist, I am something into Buddhism , there is nobody trying to frighten me with hell or make me hope I go to heaven here.
Yes sex for pleasure is considered a waste of energy by buddhist monks, but nobody condemns anybody to hell.

Look here some free people :
www.bigeye.com...

Boys about the age of 13-14 go through sexual instruction: emphasis placed upon techniques of coitus, cunnilingus, kissing, sucking, & bringing their female partners to orgasm several times before they ejaculate. The pubertal boys are taught this through physical instruction by older women in the society. There is great competition among females for sexual techniques and little emotional involvement.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

As for China, not so much anymore, it is now keep-um in the dark. The internet has provided the people with a valuable source of independent information so they try and block the sources. As for the televised news, they block any bad press thinking the masses won't find out. They play the population for a fool but thy are only fooling themselves. The population already knows.

i am totally surprised China doesn't have ATS under lock down. My friend just got back from China and he said that they have the internet pretty well regulated, but then again, people will always find a way.

I am happy that those from China can get on ATS. It won't be long before its banned in the US.

on the original issue...

I have been out of the High Schools in America for 3 years, and when I was there, i was in an Arts and Humanities program for students all over Columbus so it wasn't the same.
The problem we have in America is we have the Christian Right (not bashing Christianity, I am a Christian, I just believe people should be free from legislating morality) on one side and the PC left on the other. The two sides hate each other for the most part but are doing the exact same thing to America. They both seek to use their morality or ethics as a way to oppress those who disagree.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

You made that post for the sole purpose of attacking other beliefs, admit it.

I have my opinions on Buddism as well but I'm not going to turn this into a war of Faith as that is not the subject of the thread and I wouldn't do it anyway. By the way, everyone has a choice in the Christian world.

Now how about we have enough respect for the OP to stay on subject.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This drives me INSANE! It is crazy. These over bearing, zero tollerance, rules are just INSANE!

They must be afraid she is going to catch the gay, buy hugging a fellow gender.

But seriously........even little girls (preschool/kindergarten) are NOT ALLOWED to hold hands and hug! Thats what little girls do! Its like boys playing with trucks!

Grrrr!

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

This issue has nothing to do with SIN or RELIGION. In fact, in the US, religion is very taboo...its not in our schools - from what I see. The rules of Arab countries w/ females and males is nothing what we are talking about here.

I believe this is a clear cut case of being afraid of sue happy parents. Like then 2nd article mentioned here. Plus the Zero tolerance: Well, the best way to avoid issues happening is to ban anything that could lead or be misconstrued as an issue.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
reply to post by pai mei

Don't do that! Don't compare something going on in another country to what's going on in the USA. You're totally twisting this into something it's not.

You want to know my twist on it?

First you stop the study of creation in school.

Then you stop kids from praying in school.

Now they stop kids from hugging.

You know what happens during Christian interaction? A great deal of hugging.

Be careful what you wish for.

so not only should we teach Creation, but school itself should be considered a Christian activity?

We're allowed to say LOL, right?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
a 6 YEAR OLD LITTLE BOY being suspended from school for hugging another little girl his age and kissing her on the cheek because she was being nice to him.

2 days later, there was another front page article in which it was said that the DUMB ASS PARENTS of the little girl were filing SEXUAL HARASSMENT charges

And that right there is the result of this crackdown in schools. These children who are made to be obedient to authority and question everything they do in fear of getting in trouble grow up to be politically correct morons like those parents.

I mean, come on. A 6 year old? Sexual harassment? Give me a # break.

Detention for hugging? HUGGING?!?! Aren't they spreading a message around schools to hug rather than go out and have sex? I've seen that message around a few schools up here.

It's just embarrassing. And what do people do about it? Nothing. Nothing at all. It's bitched about for two days, then it leaves people's minds. Inch by inch, everything is taken away.

"It's a free country!". Right. I bet.

You know, I'm only 20, and have no kids. I've been seriously considering lately not even bringing kids of my own into this hell hole of a society we live in. That should be considered child abuse or cruelty to give birth in times like these. I couldn't even bring myself to do such a thing, and even if I did, there's no way in hell they're ever going to public or private schools. They'll be home-schooled.

Unbelievable
:shk:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
We homeschool. Who better able to guide a child than the child's parents?

It removes the artificial control/programming mechanism.

The difficulty with homeschooling is that extra effort must be made to provide an environment where children can learn proper peer-based social interaction, rather than hanging out with adults all day.

I remember my mother when I was growing up being aghast at the public education system, "This wasn't how it was when I was young, we actually learned things." She could never understand why the powers that be couldn't "fix it." I don't think it crossed her mind it might have been "broken" purposefully.

I think part of the problem in the US might be that many parents are simply too lazy to take a proactive approach to raising their children and would prefer to let the schools deal with it. Are they that way because of their experiences growing up in the US schools? Perhaps.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by merkaba93]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
As always , there are two sides to every story, and while I agree with the majority here that this is silly and nonsense to admonish innocent hugs and expressions of affection done briefly and dispassionately, there are always a few idiots who ruin it for the rest by taking it too far.

We have all seen the toungue twisters standing in a hallway acting like they are in a motal room somewhere, where they should be for intimate conduct, and in a school that is definitely not appropriate. Students tend to push the limits, agreed? In doing so, they often challenge the boundaries and push until a firm stand is taken. In this case, it was decided that ALL expressions of physical affection are regarded as inappropriate, instead of defining the limits in detail and according to their level of seriousness. For example, it might be OK to quickly hug another student but not engage in body to body contact for more than a brief moment.

The trouble with gradations of conduct is someone has to stand there and time kids hugging and determine how much is too much, and it is all subjective. Remember how maddening it was in school to have one teacher let something go and another grind you into dust over? It is hard to make a system fair when too many people are making critical decisions based on personal beliefs, tastes, etc. So the system makes it easy on themselves and equal across the board and simply says " No personal touching allowed of any kind. No expressions of affection whatsoever. No kissing, no hugging, no physical contact on school grounds and during school hours".

That makes it easy to spot and enforce and makes it unambiguous and clear as to what constitutes a violation. One school of thought says that kids should be able to concentrate on schoolwork during those hours and not exposed to raging hormones and social games: What about the kids that DON'T get hugged? Will they show up with a handgun some day? One school I read about had a problem with kids forming ' hugging lines ', in which a long line would form and students would move along hugging one another, blocking the halls at times and of course a few complaints of groping and such were reported.

So the schools find it easier to monitor and control behavior with zero tolerance policies and strict application of punishments than to try and find a way to accomodate the students desires for physical contacts that are meant to express some emotional, romantic or friendly viewpoint that they find satisfying for varying reasons. This is all a part of the control society that we are entering, entering quickly.

The UK is a few steps ahead of us, and is a stage of sorts for the new world orders plans for us all: A sexually ambiguous society with no intolerant expressions allowed, according to government decree. people living and working under virtual constant surveliance and monitoring for compliance with all laws and directives as well as for safety reasons.

People who challenge the status quo will be sent for evaluation and re-education for possible re-entry back into the society.Schools will wind up as mere training grounds for either the upper echelons or the working class; the students who perform badly academically can be sent to trade schools and the academically gifted can be educated further and used for whatever the government decides will best suit society.

The corporation and the government will be virtually indestinguishable, with all records of a person available to any entity private or official who has the need to know. People who gether together or espouse causes in defiance of the official position wil of course be confined to special ' free speech ' areas, far away from anyplace where a crowd could gather, and a place easliy controlled by the powers that be. The real rulers of this planet consider the majority of us, almost all of us, as mere chattel and a bother, if not very productive to them personally.

They want control, so labor will be cheap and plentiful, with near starving people grateful for a meager wage for a backbreaking days labor. A broken man cannot raise a fist or a pitchform against his oppressors and so we will be held to strict schedules and denied benefits as much as possible. The profits of the company are the greatest goal of all; each ' associate ' that works for some giant corporation is just a number and a profit driven entity that means nothing.

When the next Bush/Cheney sponsored ' terrorist attack ' is staged in America , you can bet that most all guns will get confiscated, just like after Katrina, and all but the most die hard gun owners will be defensless. The government will insist on making sure that no armed resistance is possible, and that no local militias be effective or allowed to be armed. We will all be at the mercy of the troops, no doubt trucked in from other states and nations to make it easier to abuse our rights.

The the last worry will be about who is hugging whom and whether or not a little love is allowed in a school; the schools soon will be just staging areas for either a work farm or a education center, depending. The kids will be watched on camera 24/7, and very soon the courts will decide that the government can install cameras in private homes so they can remotely watch: Parolees, felons, alleged child abusers, ' threats to national security ' meaning anyone who questions the official story; any excuse will do. When they put cameras in private homes the end of liberty is near.

The use of suspensions to keep kids from hugging is just a minor manifestation of the grand plan. It will get a lot worse, believe me. It is all a metter of ' perception ' as the talking heads like to say..Perception. That is the grand word that guides all politically correct nonsense, perception. If someone could possibly percieve that what you say or do is somehow personally offensive to them, for any reason, then you are guilty of some offense. The other persons ' perceptions ' are kore important than your freedom to express yourself, as your expressions may be ' perceived ' as negative and thus bum them out and cause them trauma and a headache maybe..ya ' know? Thats worth a lawsuit or some sanctions, right?

See how far we have come already? In a short time we have gone nuts and more lunacy is on the way, guaranteed!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join