It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aptera hybrid car, production in '08?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I hear it's supposed to be in production in late '08. Priced at 30,000$.

What you think about this? I think it's a nice-looking car so far...although I'd like to see more of this car in different color and such. Would you buy this one?

www.aptera.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
honestly i think this car is nothing more than a status symbole.

I'd love to see car's like this one put into full production but i just dont see any one buying them their not practical for the everday person.

If i had the spair 30k sitting around though you better best your pants id have one they look to be a sweet car

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Considering the number of "single-driver" vehicles on US roads, yes this could be a very practical alternative.

I like the overall design, however, I think that the center of gravity might be a bit too high. That would detrementallly affect the car's stability.

Given the design's relatively high ground clearance and small footprint, I'd be concerned about Aptera's handling and control in a cross-wind, or even in the "wake" of a 18-wheeler in an adjacent lane..

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I think that the design was a little bit exagerated at the rear, and a bit cartoonish like.
Maybe these things could replace the golf carts with few modifications, lol.

For safety reasons, I would definitely not want these things driving in front of me.

top topics

join