It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is small Armageddon required for mankind survival?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Perhaps some sort of force or law of nature, feels that it is required for armageddon (at least small one) to happen so mankind itself could continue their evolution. Otherwise mankind could implode upon themselves or whatever, and completely extinct.

If you agree with this concept, what kind of human do you think will survive? Is the force going to pick them at random, geographical convenience, or what? Tell me your theory. Or what kind of human do you think should survive.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think the human race has had its time and I hope that any "Armageddon" will wipe us out completely and give the Earth a new start. Since we have abused it so much I don't think we deserve a second chance.

Population control via disease or accident is natural selection, which ensures only the fittest, healthiest and most intelligent specimins of a species surive. This ensures that the evolution of said species will be effective and benefitial to it.

It's time humans "stepped aside" and let another species have a go at evolution, just like the dinosaurs before us.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Nature doesn't feel anything about man, nature is just a cycle, things begin, and things end.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad Larkin
I think the human race has had its time and I hope that any "Armageddon" will wipe us out completely and give the Earth a new start.

I am fairly certain that's not going to happen.

I do however believe that there is coming a time when a large portion of humanity is "exterminated." It will be done through a combination of wars, disease and natural calamities...

[edit on 7-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Indeed. The Earth will soon shake itself of many of the parasites that have taken root and abused it. Personally, either an “Independence Day” scenario, or a "Day after Tomorrow" type scenario. The population is too great, and too compacted to adequately support them all. And it just keeps rising.

We'll also help things further along by our wars and chemicals. Most of what we've already done is irreversible.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Epic Wolf, most likely. Everyone is having a fit over the whole global warming trend.. What can we do about it? NADA... Due to the fact that it is largely, a cycle, and the chemicals and pollutants that we spew into the air, day in and day out, have sped up the process, there is not much we can do.

Grin and bear the consequences..

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
hey Jazzyguy.

an Armageddon event is by definition a man-made event

since the earth history has had 5 previous mass extinctions,
i would put my money on another is in our soon-to-be future
as we are behind the curve of averages....which is 250 million years

now there was the dinosaur extinction 65 million years ago,
but that was not something in the extinction cycle of planet Earth,
( 6 mile asteroid that hit the Yucatan was a random event )

but we are now in the 'window' of that 250million year extinction cycle

so.... who knows !

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm not sure there is such a thing as a 'small armegeddon'. I think by definition it's something super huge.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I don't understand why people think that something bad must happen in order to initiate change. I'd much rather see a golden age over an armageddon.
I also don't agree with the notion that humans are parasites. Yes, a few are, but they don't account for all of humanity. We could still create a society that lives in harmony with the planet if we so desired.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad Larkin
I think the human race has had its time and I hope that any "Armageddon" will wipe us out completely and give the Earth a new start. Since we have abused it so much I don't think we deserve a second chance.

Population control via disease or accident is natural selection, which ensures only the fittest, healthiest and most intelligent specimins of a species surive. This ensures that the evolution of said species will be effective and benefitial to it.

It's time humans "stepped aside" and let another species have a go at evolution, just like the dinosaurs before us.

This is a disturbing post. If you believe humanity deserves death then perhaps you should be the first one to offer your life.

The Earth is being harmed by a small group of governmental leaders and corporate CEOs. The average person has no choice but to live the way they do, they are indoctrinated from birth.

How can you pass judgment over an entire species when the majority were never given the chance to think for themselves?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It says a lot for a person's mental capacity and the effeftiveness of media brainwashing, when people can be convinced that debt, suicide, war and/or destruction is a means to their family's future.

Bilderberg motto: We have shown how easy it is to program the working fools to think debt is wealth, become our wage slaves and go to war based on whims. Now we shall show how easy it is to get these dumb animals to cut their own throats and hail us as gods.

'High priests of globalization' in Istanbul

Debt is the road of a fool....

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
my money is on survivorman les stroud

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
to Chowzor and St Udio
Sorry I mean "unseen force" or "law of nature". The unseen force could be anything, God example, if you believe in God.

to xEphon and wingman77
Yes Mad Larkin's post is disturbing, mine is also. But we're just trying to explore the possibility here. I personally believe everything happens for a reason. Bad things happen, it sucks but it's true. So if armageddon (man made) or other catastrophe happen, is it actually necessary, or what is the reason behind it.

Humans don't want to suffer. If they have to change, of course they prefer the better way, providing they know how. So I don't believe bad things must happen in order to initiate change. In fact, I hate that concept. I loathe that concept.

to jtma508
For lack of a better word, "small" meaning not all human perish.

NB: Perhaps I should edit my original post. Where's the edit button anyway?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingman77
How can you pass judgment over an entire species when the majority were never given the chance to think for themselves?

Never given a chance by who? Perhaps it's simply too many human are ignorant, whether they are leaders or followers, rich or poor. I hope you're not trying to seek blame on some unseen force that you don't even comprehend. Or are you blaming some sort of secret government?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
No. We humans can all work together to better this Earth and ourselves, but the real question is what is it going to take to get countries to work together?
If we were all united we would probably have the technology to leave the majority of mother Earth alone. If we had anti-gravity technology we would not need oil to do everything for us. Technologies like that could help everyone on Earth, or instead of nuclear warheads we could have nuclear power lighting our electricity. etc.

new topics

top topics

join