It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Overlord's" Take On The Revolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is so exciting

SO, you do a very good job of making your fellow members proud.

ATS is really my home, I love you all.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Actually, we are looking at regional parties for members-only next summer. Which may even be a way to kick-off regional ATS groups/clubs.

This is exactly what I was going to ask about. It would be great to talk about ATS topics face to face over a couple of beers with fellow members.

Is there any way that another tab can be added above for those of us who want to disclose our location for networking offline? It would be very time consuming to U2U everyone to find out if they lived by me.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The ATS has come a long way, since I've been here. You guys have done a Tremendous job & I'm proud to be a member.
Congratulations you deserve an Applause from all of Us here.

Thank-you for enlightening my life.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This makes a lot of sense. It feels right and the possibilities are endless. That looked like a kick arse party last night and it was so fun to watch. I really appreciate you having the good sense to include all here to join you in virtual reality. What were the after parties like? And one more thing, we may have missed the live 10th Anniversary Party Celebration, but you guys missed the chat! It was wild and crazy, standing room only and all the rooms filled to capacity. I
"If only you knew some of our comments"

Congratulations on a sucessful First Gathering of the Amigo's and may you soon be together in prosperity and conspiracy...
Happy 10th ATS

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

Yes, a hearty second on that. I know we give a lot of grief to you guys, but you're really the best. You do a first rate job. My hat is off to the three of you, along with assorted minions and cohorts
, for a job well done in leading ATS to new heights.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Revolution Calling

Revolutions take many forms, but they all have one thing in common: they herald change. The word itself is synonymous with turning, and applies most aptly to what is underway right now on ATS.

For as long as mass communication has existed, it has been dominated by the privileged few who control it.

Even here on ATS, most of what we discuss comes from mass media sources. Even here, they tend to control the spotlight.

This can change.

The change won't be instantaneous, because it is evolutionary, not just revolutionary.

But if the vision our own SkepticOverlord has carefully nurtured takes hold, we the people will be able to turn everything around.

As the reach of our community grows and the simple but powerful ideals it represents find a larger and broader audience, the power of the established media monopolies will diminish, and along with it the cultural, ideological, political and economic hegemony they command.

It may not seem obvious now, but the idea is assuredly quite revolutionary.

The future is unwritten, and nothing is certain, but knowing what I know about the power, potential and pitfalls of mass communication, this is a revolution I can definitely support.

[edit on 11/6/2007 by Majic]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
S.O. Nice work on all the video teasers leading up to this event... no small task and I'm sure you all had much larger planning going on. The site visitation stats on the final video shown at the party are most impressive.

I didn't get to see any of the presentations (yet), but the cocktail party was fun to watch just the same

While no small part of the evening was a celebration of ATS's 10 years, and the first time Mark, Simon, and I ever got together,

Hard to believe that was the first time y'all got together in person! That must have been a blast

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Zarniwoop]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Side-side-note--- we're wrapping up the details of a TV show that features the content of ATS members. Very soon

You know...Skep'
when we were all taking stabs at what the 5th of Nov was, I specifically mentioned a TV show and you straight up told me "NO."
not fair...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
www.lyrics007.com...

The new video was awesum
John lennon really sums it up above about where this site is headed IMHO.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Actually, we are looking at regional parties for members-only next summer. Which may even be a way to kick-off regional ATS groups/clubs.

Well I am more than willing to invite ATSers from Ontario and the environs to an ATS pic-nic, campout.....frankly, I'm already planning one for July, '08.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

I am in if you'll drive me back to the border and see that I make it safely past the guards there. I don't want to be mistaken for a terrorist.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Well I would be to fly the ATS flag for New Zealand providing that the event or club is based in Christchurch. This means that I would be happy to take part or assist with organising a local event.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Personally, I thought it was great!! Minnie and I watched the whole thing.

If this is the first time you 3 got together. Wow, way over due there. For what ever reason I thought you guys had already met. Well this was way past due then.

Congratulations, on all of you guys hard work.

Thanks, for letting us be a part of it. My husband even came in and checked it out. He listen to the whole speech. He thought it was cool.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
maybe have some kind of world boards ??? have each section covering various area's around the world.... ??? Just a thought

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I agree the 5:th of November felt a bit anti-climatic, but its nice to know that you are working on getting tied into more of the media out there.

Where are your finances coming from? This is a very popular web site, but how do you make money from it? I dont see a lot of advertisements.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Is this OK if I comment about ATS Mix?

I was thinking, if this radio ever gets officially on-air and makes the real radio (or station), wouldn't the government ask you guys to shut down the radio? Or either way, shut it down anyway easily?

[edit on 7-11-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Well, if no one's put out a bid for it, I can take up the Seattle area, if we're really going to do this.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

TheBorg

EDIT:

Can we call the chapters the ATS Brotherhood? It just has such a nice mystique to it. Pretty Please??? LOL

[edit on 7-11-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

Can we call the chapters the ATS Brotherhood? It just has such a nice mystique to it. Pretty Please??? LOL

[edit on 7-11-2007 by TheBorg]

And thus ATS faltered... As All great empires eventually do. They Grew too large and created their own international Secret societies known As ATS or locally as the ATS brotherhood... Their thirst for power and the control they took was almost borg like.

When the people of the country assimilated to the borg hive mind of holographic planes on 9-11, Planet Nibiru, and the Reptilians They didn't realize the public would slowly turn to suspect them.

Also I am writing this from the future... just so you guys know....

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks, Bill...

I'm looking forward to seeing the edited version with all the good bits... At the official start time of 6:30 pm in NYC it was already 12:30 a.m. (ie Nov 6th) here. Naturally I logged on for it before then, but after waiting until 2 a.m. for someone to start the official presentation and having spent two hours watching people chatting and drinking, I went to bed and apparently missed it by a few minutes.
So, thanks for letting us know why there was such a long lead-in and that it was basically outside of your control.

There were several of us members commenting on the Nov 5th ("dollnean") thread, basically just chatting and posting one-liner responses, because we couldn't access the chat room as they were maxed out. Most frustrating, when we had other members posting "Come join us in chat. It's a blast!" A limit of 20 in a chat room is really insufficient for events like this. Could lesser-used chat rooms have their capacity linked somehow to make one larger "room"?

Some members also complained about the 200-post minimum requirement to access the chat rooms and that might be worth reconsidering. Perhaps have a lower post limit for members who have received "applause" a few times? (If the system holds such data and it can be used in auto-assessment -- the way it holds data on total posts.) Surely if a member has made (say) only 50 posts but has been applauded a few times they have indicated their worth as contributors.

If anyone thinks I'm sour-graping about this, I have over 200 posts. I'm just offering some perspectives to perhaps make such criteria more reflective of ATS/member values and less bureaucratic-style inflexible and arbitrary. Yes, any changes would still be arbitrary (because all rules/TOS on any site are arbitrary by definition) but at least by recognizing that the number of posts alone is not the only criteria for assessing a members' contributive "worth" (for chat room participation), this site would be placing itself a cut above the rest in that respect. You have already demonstrated this understanding by giving applause/awarding points on a scaled, content-value-oriented basis and by the excellent moderating standards of the threads, so it seems to me that extending this thinking to chat room access is a natural evolutionary step.

I am aware that the 200-post limit was imposed because new or low-participation members were getting in and basically trolling. Okay, that was fine as a quick fix but there is no reason why the criteria cannot be reviewed.

It's good to see the direction that ATS/TAN is going. Congratulations on the continuing evolution!

Mike

[edit on 7-11-2007 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
Is this OK if I comment about ATS Mix?

I was thinking, if this radio ever gets officially on-air and makes the real radio (or station), wouldn't the government ask you guys to shut down the radio? Or either way, shut it down anyway easily?
[edit on 7-11-2007 by TheoOne]

In my opinion it's perfectly okay for you to comment about ATS MIx or anything else
That's what this place is all about. However, I think it's likely that if ATS/TAN establishes a "real" station and the government doesn't like what it says, they won't ask...they'll just act and to any complaints will simply plead "it had to be taken off air in the interests of national security". And yes, they could do it. Easily.

Like has happened this week in Pakistan, for example... (Before anyone jumps in and says "Hey, Pakistan ain't the USA", I agree with you. It isn't. Yet. Also I wouldn't limit such responses to the USA. There are other countries that could do the same thing for the same "reason". Like the UK, for example.)

Hopefully, there has been some planning for how to deal with such an eventuality. I guess taking the whole thing off-shore would be one way to get around the problem.

Considering that such a scenario is possible, local "networks" of active ATS/TAN members is a pretty darned good idea. I'm in the middle of Europe and would be glad to communicate with other members this side of the pond who have similar concerns and are interested in setting up communication trees to relay important ATS-based info if such a "blackout" is ever imposed.

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join